Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2015, 17:11   #1231
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No thanks l don't want to watch that fixed rubbish.
Haha den you cynic! But yes it is obviously fixed but I do enjoy the old 80s and 90s days. Reminds me of the happier days before I ended up in a call centre...
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2015, 18:47   #1232
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No thanks l don't want to watch that fixed rubbish.

heresy!
Old 13-01-2015, 19:04   #1233
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Yet this article from earlier today suggests this won't happen:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...nts-Ofcom.html

"It is understood that Ofcom representatives said at the meeting last week that they will announce a decision on its investigation of the Premier League rights auction by the end of March.

Multiple sources close to the meeting told The Telegraph that officials indicated they were likely to intervene to increase the number of matches that can be broadcast live, following a complaint last year from the cable operator Virgin Media.

Ofcom gave those present at the impression it does not intend to make all Premier League matches available. In recognition of football traditions, those matches scheduled for 3pm on Saturday would remain off-limits to broadcasters, it was suggested at the meeting, although they would be fewer to allow more action at other times of the week."
why does OFCOM have anything to with what time matches are played and how they are distributed? I can understand them getting involved so one provider isn't dominating. But kick off times and when games are played?
Old 13-01-2015, 23:35   #1234
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

All change for 4OD content in March:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29154860
Old 14-01-2015, 12:22   #1235
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Looks like wwe network is giving us 2 weeks free??

You are currently subscribed to WWE Network.

Your billing period begins on Wednesday, January 28, 2015. The credit/debit card or PayPal account you have on file will be charged
£ 9.99 on this date.

If you do not wish to be charged, you must cancel your account before Wednesday, January 28, 2015. For additional information, click here.
Old 14-01-2015, 12:27   #1236
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
All change for 4OD content in March:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29154860
Sounds good, but hopefully, this won't go the same way as the BBC i-Player on the TIVO.

Presumably, the existing V and V+ boxes won't be able to access the new service as they are not directly connected to the internet.
Old 14-01-2015, 20:32   #1237
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

If one uses a service in the UK to unlock US Netflix content, will this work on VM?
Old 14-01-2015, 20:54   #1238
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

It will. Although not via the tivo app obviously
Old 14-01-2015, 21:23   #1239
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I can confirm it does work with VM, been watching WWE Network since US launch last year and watching American Netflix.
Old 14-01-2015, 21:26   #1240
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I can confirm it does work with VM, been watching WWE Network since US launch last year and watching American Netflix.
What, on the TiVo?
Old 14-01-2015, 21:39   #1241
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Thanks for the vpn website suggestions. I am assuming I should be able to access one of the vpn sites via the web browser on me bluray player? Is anyone aware of any reason why I would not be able to?
Old 14-01-2015, 21:44   #1242
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

No, via laptop. Sorry I thought this was general Netflix and streaming chat. Should have made that clear shouldn't I?
Old 14-01-2015, 21:55   #1243
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Just to say I've had us Netflix via my ps3 for years and have never signed up for any vpn service. Just needed to change the DNS settings on the device, pretty easy to find some suitable numbers via google
Old 14-01-2015, 22:00   #1244
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Thanks for the vpn website suggestions. I am assuming I should be able to access one of the vpn sites via the web browser on me bluray player? Is anyone aware of any reason why I would not be able to?
It doesn't work quite like that Harry.

Here is how to set up various devices.

http://www.unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/

Feel free to post or PM me with any queries.

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
Just to say I've had us Netflix via my ps3 for years and have never signed up for any vpn service. Just needed to change the DNS settings on the device, pretty easy to find some suitable numbers via google
But for three quid a month, from a reputable service, is it worth the faffing around on Google.

These Smart dns services give you access to all the Netflix regions and services such as Hulu.
Old 14-01-2015, 22:09   #1245
pengedragon
cf.addict

Didn't realise it cost that little I may investigate

To be fair it's very little effort, can't remember the last time I had to change them, maybe once in the last year
Closed Thread