Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 08-03-2015, 14:05   #1216
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Decided in the end to get a bunch of flowers, as well as taking her out for an evening meal next Sunday. Oh, and a joke set of mugs, one for my step dad and one for my mum. His says Mr Right, hers says Mrs Always Right.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2015, 16:14   #1217
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Just got back from a&e - this fricking nightmare never seems to end. Still at least they let me go home.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 16:28   #1218
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Oh dear dilli, hope things improve soon.
Old 08-03-2015, 17:29   #1219
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I had some bad chest pain so had to rule out anything serious. Which they did but my blood hemaglobin is less than half what it should be so I will be back during the week to sort that out.

They gave me some different painkillers (tramadol)
Old 08-03-2015, 18:20   #1220
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Sorry to hear that you found yourself back in hospital dilli that must have been quite frightening for both you and Natalie especially with it being bad chest pain . I hope the Tramadol take's the pain away from you dilli or at the very least the edge off it. Hugs to you both take care.
Old 08-03-2015, 18:56   #1221
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Just got back from a&e - this fricking nightmare never seems to end. Still at least they let me go home.
Sorry to hear your news dilli I hope things get sorted PDQ. <hugs>

My bad news is very similar. John collapsed yesterday morning and was rushed into A&E. After 36 hours of tests and observation it seems he has a heart defect partly explaining his normal low blood pressure and he may have to have a Pacemaker. Drove him home tonight with a 24 hour monitor and then it's back to hospital again tomorrow. Getting very tired of all the 'ologists that seem to have taken over our lives.
Old 08-03-2015, 19:09   #1222
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Sorry to hear your news dilli I hope things get sorted PDQ. <hugs>

My bad news is very similar. John collapsed yesterday morning and was rushed into A&E. After 36 hours of tests and observation it seems he has a heart defect partly explaining his normal low blood pressure and he may have to have a Pacemaker. Drove him home tonight with a 24 hour monitor and then it's back to hospital again tomorrow. Getting very tired of all the 'ologists that seem to have taken over our lives.
well I hope he gets sorted asap!
Old 08-03-2015, 19:34   #1223
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
well I hope he gets sorted asap!
Me too dilli. He has had enough these last few months. Being diagnosed with cancer and now a heart condition within in a few short months has been blow.

Can't fault how fast and thorough the NHS has been these last 2 days. I phoned for an ambulance yesterday at 9am and we had a rapid response cardiac-paramedic with us in under 5 minutes closely followed by an ambulance. The A&E staff were brilliant, so cool and well organised and the assessment unit he was transferred to was staffed by equally caring and experienced staff. Just so relieved it's an electrical issue and not the heart attack everyone suspected.
Old 08-03-2015, 19:41   #1224
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Me too dilli. He has had enough these last few months. Being diagnosed with cancer and now a heart condition within in a few short months has been blow.

Can't fault how fast and thorough the NHS has been these last 2 days. I phoned for an ambulance yesterday at 9am and we had a rapid response cardiac-paramedic with us in under 5 minutes closely followed by an ambulance. The A&E staff were brilliant, so cool and well organised and the assessment unit he was transferred to was staffed by equally caring and experienced staff. Just so relieved it's an electrical issue and not the heart attack everyone suspected.
Indeed, my NHS experience has also been pretty good throughout.
Old 08-03-2015, 20:12   #1225
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Thinking of you Jo. Hugs and best wishes to you and John.
Old 08-03-2015, 20:15   #1226
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Yes, the majority of it works well but sadly, as with all companies I suppose, we only hear the negatives. There is a website, http://www.nhs.uk/Services/Hospitals...ew.aspx?id=876, (link takes you to my local one but shouldn't be hard to find your own hospital) where you can leave feedback for the hospital. It is seen by the hospital, and positive feedback is always passed on. As is negative as well.

Hope you are OK tomorrow at hospital dilli, and I hope that nothing too serious with your husband Jo.
Old 08-03-2015, 20:42   #1227
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I must admit that in my experience, I have nothing but praise for the NHS.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:31   #1228
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

I hope you will feel better soon dilli as you been through so much lately and l hope that your husband jo gets better soon as well.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:43   #1229
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

My moan is that I have to leave for a job interview soon, and it looks like it is about to absolutely pour down with rain. Luckily, I am getting a taxi there (it is on an industrial estate and buses only run there mornings and evenings) but it is still not the ideal image to project to an interviewer, turning up soaked through.
Old 09-03-2015, 13:04   #1230
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

I collapsed on honeymoon - taken to Miami for test and given beta blockers.
A few years later GP takes me off them, to check if still needed. No problems for a few more years then I fainted multiple times at home -> A&E by ambulance. Consultant thinks he knows the cause but didn't get the data required.
Following year I think I collapsed at work and kept fainting. Ambulance to A&E and got them to do a 12 lead ECG which showed my heart will occasionally slow right down -> low BP and over I go, then it will just carry on normally. So had a nice modern pacemaker fitted that kicks in when pulse drops below 60. Not needed to "use" it since fitting according to annual checkups.

The idea is that it will let you live not just exist so can still do most things. Avoid impacts (no rugby) and jolts (no bungie jumps). Avoid radiation (keep mobile phone on opposite side). Else my unit will let me scuba to about 30m (not tried this). You also get a pace maker card so when you set of airport detectors they have to frisk you not use the wand, same elsewhere I guess.
You will need to tell the DVLA but I have no restrictions so that's OK.
Pacemaker will likely be fitted under local in a couple of hours then you go home.