Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hamas Israel War

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Hamas Israel War

Old 19-02-2024, 22:46   #1201
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Hamas Israel War

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I fail to see the point in centring current Palestinian suffering at the hands of the Israeli state around the historic suffering of Jews.
So do I, but I’m not the one on pro-Hamas marches in London and elsewhere with placards stating “Netanyahu = Hitler”

Others are doing that, usually carrying Palestinian flags.
Old 19-02-2024, 23:35   #1202
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I judged that his animals remark applied to Hamas.
You judge wrong

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

Just to illuminate what is happening in Gaza:

Gaza doctors: ‘We leave patients to scream for hours and hours’
Old 20-02-2024, 07:13   #1203
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
So do I, but I’m not the one on pro-Hamas marches in London and elsewhere with placards stating “Netanyahu = Hitler”

Others are doing that, usually carrying Palestinian flags.
Seems like fair political comment.

One only has to go back mere hours on any social media platform and you’ll find posts comparing both Biden and Trump to Hitler.

It might be a damning indictment of education in our schools that Hitler is the only comparator when tyrants like General Pinochet or Pol Pot might offer a more qualified condemnation without resorting to comparing everything to the Nazis.

The same is also true of Putin, who routinely gets compared with Hitler when on the basis of the evidence available comparing him with Netanyahu would be the most outrageous slur on the Russian leader.

Even Biden let the mask slip that Netanyahu is an “asshole”, so I don’t see why he should be exempt from Hitler comparisons, much as Israel shouldn’t be exempt from accusations of ethnic cleansing and/or genocide because of the Holocaust.

Last edited by jfman; 20-02-2024 at 07:23.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2024, 08:45   #1204
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Seems like fair political comment
Not really. I heard of no pro-Hamas marches in London. There were pro-Palestine ones where some people who attended may support Hamas but that is clearly not the same thing. Seems like post truth political comment to me.
Old 20-02-2024, 09:12   #1205
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Not really. I heard of no pro-Hamas marches in London. There were pro-Palestine ones where some people who attended may support Hamas but that is clearly not the same thing. Seems like post truth political comment to me.
I decided to ignore Pierre’s slur on the broadly peaceful demonstrations. History will judge those attendees well by comparison to many of the early posts in this thread.

My post was about those holding up the placards. Many leaders get routinely compared to Hitler on a routine basis.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2024, 09:22   #1206
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Are you blind to the obvious? All of a sudden, it was "Free Palestine". You can be 100% sure that whilst this is indeed a cause, it is also a metaphor for supporting Hamas as the high number of placards indicated.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2024, 09:27   #1207
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I decided to ignore Pierre’s slur on the broadly peaceful demonstrations. History will judge those attendees well by comparison to many of the early posts in this thread.

My post was about those holding up the placards. Many leaders get routinely compared to Hitler on a routine basis.
Fair point ...

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

Quote:
Are you blind to the obvious? All of a sudden, it was "Free Palestine". You can be 100% sure that whilst this is indeed a cause, it is also a metaphor for supporting Hamas as the high number of placards indicated.
It may be a metaphor in your world view but for most people they are separate and distinct.
Old 20-02-2024, 09:34   #1208
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Fair point ...

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

It may be a metaphor in your world view but for most people they are separate and distinct.
Nobody was demonstrating for "Free Palestine" before 07-Oct-23. No sooner had that atrocity happened, when 100,000 then 300,000 people suddenly started marching. Gradually the Hamas support placards were withdrawn in favour of Free Palestine under threat of prosecution.

Most people understand that. And you should be worries; the tail is wagging the dog and unless you open your eyes, we're sleepwalking into disaster.

Old 20-02-2024, 11:04   #1209
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...errorists.html

https://news.met.police.uk/news/thre...protest-479439

https://news.met.police.uk/news/woma...protest-476277

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stice-Day.html

The thing is, if at every march/ protest that I went to, I was surrounded by racists, I'd probably rethink whether I want to be associated with these people.
Old 20-02-2024, 11:13   #1210
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...errorists.html

https://news.met.police.uk/news/thre...protest-479439

https://news.met.police.uk/news/woma...protest-476277

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stice-Day.html

The thing is, if at every march/ protest that I went to, I was surrounded by racists, I'd probably rethink whether I want to be associated with these people.
Four people brought to justice out of a total of how many protestors ? If you were at a protest I’m not sure you could class that as surrounded ?
Old 20-02-2024, 11:35   #1211
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Four people brought to justice out of a total of how many protestors ? If you were at a protest I’m not sure you could class that as surrounded ?

Under-policed, as you well know. See the Tugendhat mob for details.

Old 20-02-2024, 12:02   #1212
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:

Under-policed, as you well know. See the Tugendhat mob for details.

So no actual evidence then? Just an assumption of guilt

Pfffttt
Old 20-02-2024, 12:25   #1213
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Pfffttt
Yeah, no evidence as usual. "Pfffttt" is a good summary
Old 20-02-2024, 12:50   #1214
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:

Pfffttt
TV evidence of the racist placards and the shouting.

Old 20-02-2024, 14:46   #1215
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
TV evidence of the racist placards and the shouting.
Again pfft you know fine well you can’t extrapolate the tv broadcasts of fifty (if that) people to cover the intent/motive of tens if not hundreds of thousands of people

<removed>

Last edited by Paul; 20-02-2024 at 16:01. Reason: Tone it down a bit please.
mrmistoffelees is offline   Reply With Quote