Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2012, 12:14   #1186
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Actually, you're giving an honest opinion. We don't know for sure that Atlantic isn't coming to VM at some point. MB has said that VM are in talks with Sky, and whilst I suspect that is to do with the Sky One and Living +1 versions, you never know if Atlantic is part of the discussion.

Distribution of Atlantic is changing soon by the fact that it will be added to Now TV. This changes the landscape as it's no longer a Sky satellite TV subscription exclusive, so may open up new opportunities for VM to come to a deal on Atlantic.

For example one potential scenario that springs to mind is that once Atlantic is on Now TV, it will give acess to VM customers at £X p/m. Depending on the value of X and how many people have an interest in sky Atlantic, Now TV may not get much custom from VM subscribers. Sky may get more money from VM customers if VM themselves pay a small percentage of X for every customer and add it to VM as a TV channel.

Now the figures for the above may not stack up, and that scenario may not be realistic, but that's not the point. The point is, Atlantic will soon become non exclusive to a sky TV satellite subscription, and that opens up new possibilities. They may come to nothing, but you can't dismiss them.
I will confirm Virgin are in talks with BSkyB.

When I saw some of the names on the list of channels that may launch I said 'Oh my God'.

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdf90 View Post
First time poster but regular follower of this thread, thanks MB!

Anybody hoping for TCM HD from launch may be disappointed to hear it won't be available initially, as well as TCM2. Doesn't rule out a launch later in the year though.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/TCMUK
Link not working for me.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 29-08-2012, 12:16   #1187
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Not yet. Keep an eye on this thread over at NFL UK:

http://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=90073&page=171
Re - NFL in UK

Channel 4 SNF coverage confirmed for this season

http://www.nfluk.com/opinions/articl...-football-live

and hello to all as this is my first post although I have been a follower of Media Boy for a few years now. What would we do without him - keep up the good work.

I'm on here hoping for more HD channels, My most desired channels - mainly sports influenced

ESPN America HD
ITV4 HD
British Eurosport 2 HD
Sky Sports News HD
Sky News HD

Would not mind Sky Atlantic HD but can get the shows I'm into on blu-ray etc..
Old 29-08-2012, 12:18   #1188
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Nothing has been officially announced yet. If you go to www.nfluk.com you will get the details of the new TV deal when it is, which should be any day now.
Well Sky haven't announced there program yet. I'm a tadd nervous that the won't be covering the NFL this year.

Has anyone seen ant trailers on ESPNA for College football? The season starts on Thursday. I must admit I haven't had ESPNA on much this summer though.

sorry for going off topic!
Old 29-08-2012, 12:24   #1189
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdf90 View Post
First time poster but regular follower of this thread, thanks MB!

Anybody hoping for TCM HD from launch may be disappointed to hear it won't be available initially, as well as TCM2. Doesn't rule out a launch later in the year though.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/TCMUK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
Re - NFL in UK

Channel 4 SNF coverage confirmed for this season

http://www.nfluk.com/opinions/articl...-football-live

and hello to all as this is my first post although I have been a follower of Media Boy for a few years now. What would we do without him - keep up the good work.

I'm on here hoping for more HD channels, My most desired channels - mainly sports influenced

ESPN America HD
ITV4 HD
British Eurosport 2 HD
Sky Sports News HD
Sky News HD

Would not mind Sky Atlantic HD but can get the shows I'm into on blu-ray etc..
both to Cable Forum.
Old 29-08-2012, 12:30   #1190
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

When I saw some of the names on the list of channels that may launch I said 'Oh my God'.
Oh please don't start them off again
Old 29-08-2012, 13:05   #1191
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

@Passingbat yes, fair comment, its an honest opinion. However, Now TV will allow non Sky customers to access the content, not the channel. This is a subtle, but important distinction. After all, some of the content is already legally available on streaming services in the UK-Sky still call the channel an exclusive, and have also stated that it drives a significant proportion of new subs. The "channel" is not coming to Virgin anytime soon. That may just be my opinion, but realistically everybody knows its also the case. No new posters in this forum should be given the impression that something on which they might base i financial decision is going to happen unless it very definitely is.
Old 29-08-2012, 13:26   #1192
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
Well Sky haven't announced there program yet. I'm a tadd nervous that the won't be covering the NFL this year.

Has anyone seen ant trailers on ESPNA for College football? The season starts on Thursday. I must admit I haven't had ESPNA on much this summer though.

sorry for going off topic!
Chill man things will be OK you will see!
Old 29-08-2012, 13:31   #1193
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Now TV will allow non Sky customers to access the content, not the channel.
Sky Movies pass on Now TV includes the Sky Movies channels as well as Movies On Demand so it's possible Sky Atlantic could be the same.
Old 29-08-2012, 13:38   #1194
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
, Now TV will allow non Sky customers to access the content, not the channel. This is a subtle, but important distinction. .
They have not revealed anything with regard to how Atlantic will be available on Now TV, so the above is pure speculation and supposition on your part.

As MM says, you can watch the film channels on Now TV, so it could possibly be the same with Atlantic.
Old 29-08-2012, 13:49   #1195
bamav
cf.addict

Services: VM L TV powered by TiVo, 30MB BB, Sky Sports, Phone L, Freeview.
bamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple2Use View Post
Will SKY Atlantic be on Virgin at any point?
Yes, at some point.
Old 29-08-2012, 13:49   #1196
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Still waiting for news of NFL on Sky and ESPN this season but there is news of an 8 year rights extension for MLB on ESPN Amercia

http://espnmediazone3.com/wpmu/uk/?p=2136

VM we really would love ESPN Amercia HD!
Old 29-08-2012, 14:06   #1197
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
some of the content is already legally available on streaming services in the UK-Sky still call the channel an exclusive, .
Yes, but those services are pay per view and expensive --- around £20 for one season of Broadwalk Empire.

At the moment Atlantic is exclusive to to a Sky Sattelite subscription, so they can call it exclusive. I'm talking about when that changes, when Atlantic is available on Now TV.

The 'exclusive' bit only works when it is exclusive and is designed to drive people to choose that provider i.e., Sky Satellite. But when you decide to change from exclusive to non exclusive, surely the goal changes to maximise revenue from as many sources as possible?

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

Quote:
The "channel" is not coming to Virgin anytime soon. That may just be my opinion, but realistically everybody knows its also the case..
You see this is where we differ; you are adamant that Atlantic is not coming, whereas, I see the new landscape that is being created by Atlantic soon to be non exclusive to a Sky satellite subscription. This gives new opportunities for other providers to negotiate with Sky. They may or may not be sucessful, I don't know, but a categorical, 'It's not coming' is wrong in my view.
Old 29-08-2012, 15:24   #1198
jagsman
cf.addict

jagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jagsman Send a message via Yahoo to jagsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

Was this an "Oh my God thats brilliant", or was it an "Oh my God, is that it!"
Old 29-08-2012, 15:36   #1199
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsman View Post
Was this an "Oh my God thats brilliant", or was it an "Oh my God, is that it!"
"Oh my God thats brilliant"
Old 29-08-2012, 15:59   #1200
ken1234
Inactive

Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
ken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud of

the red butten this now on all channel 4 paralumpi channels
Closed Thread