Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 14-11-2013, 22:31   #1156
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

When my friend was playing Forza at a show the console crashed as it was loading the game, or maybe it was the game that crashed not sure, so i hope these things are not that common.

The size of the fan is massive in the X1 so hopefully that'll keep the thing cool too, and i read from the guy that got his early i think he said it was silent.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg x1fan.jpg (67.2 KB, 64 views)
Old 14-11-2013, 22:46   #1157
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Larry has tweeted that free games on Gold will be coming to the X1 later in 2014.

http://www.neowin.net/news/xbox-live...ox-one-in-2014
Old 15-11-2013, 12:34   #1158
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Had an email from game early this morning my order is now being process and may show as shipped. I have just checked my order on Game site and now shows as shipped. Dont see a tracking number yet thou
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 14:47   #1159
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Had an email from game early this morning my order is now being process and may show as shipped. I have just checked my order on Game site and now shows as shipped. Dont see a tracking number yet thou
You may get it very early then, just don't connect to Xbox live if you do or it maybe banned.
Old 16-11-2013, 18:57   #1160
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I think after reading the stuff about the PS4 failures, I'll see if Microsoft offer an extended warranty
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 19:00   #1161
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Anyone know how much it cost for the 360?
Old 16-11-2013, 19:12   #1162
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I can't remember. I think MS stopped doing it ages ago, though.

GAME used to offer their own extended warranty for consoles purchased from them - not sure if they still do.

Amazon don't have their own, but do sell things like Squaretrade warranties. I have no idea if they're any good, though.

I have some sort of extended warranty cover via my bank account... I'll use that for my Xbox One.

Don't forget though that you always have the following:

- One year manufacturer's warranty.

- Up to six years of cover against goods being "inherently faulty" or not being "fit for purpose", via your statutory rights as a consumer thanks to the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). This is with the retailer, not the manufacturer.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 19:14   #1163
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Didn't Microsoft extend warranties to 3 years after the RROD issues.
Old 16-11-2013, 19:17   #1164
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I believe that was only for RROD though.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 19:44   #1165
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I have a feeling the X1 won't have any over heating problems judging by the size of the fan and case, but i have a feeling the PS4 may.
Old 16-11-2013, 19:57   #1166
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I am at Game waiting for the lock in and have been advised by them that they will be selling the DD verisons of games but dont know if they will be cheaper than disk ones
that will be good for me if they are as trade in prices are rubbish for current gen not even 30 pound for virtually brand new titles i'll be looking about 50 quid upwards to upgrade
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 20:02   #1167
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

It would be great if lots of retailers sold DD versions, my problem though is HDD size, just hope when we get it all of that 500GB is free unlike the PS4 which only gave around 400GB free.
Old 16-11-2013, 20:25   #1168
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

TV/IR set up...

http://imgur.com/a/AtQh8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Didn't Microsoft extend warranties to 3 years after the RROD issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I believe that was only for RROD though.
Yup, only for the RROD and only for "fat" 360s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I have a feeling the X1 won't have any over heating problems judging by the size of the fan and case, but i have a feeling the PS4 may.
Yeah, I think that MS has learnt from the past. That's not to say there won't be other issues though...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 06:27   #1169
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I have a feeling the first free game for XBL gold will be Forza 5. Due to being less content filled than other games I can see this game jumping on the DLC wagon even though Forza 4 was the same. Regardless if they release it free for everyone they'll make money from more people inclined to purchase the car packs because they've never had to spend the £50 on the title.

Just my guess but if Microsoft steal this idea I want compensation in the form of full restoration of my Gamertag.
Old 17-11-2013, 07:24   #1170
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I am waiting for the reviews before I get the XBOX or PS4. PS4 looks ok but if the Xbox reviews are good i'll get that.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote