Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 15:27   #1066
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I would like to see Kinect used more in the future for head movements like it has been implemented in the Battlefield 4 Xbox One version, hopefully not with neck ache. lol
I prefer kinect stick to two finger movements...where it belongs
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2013, 15:38   #1067
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Whilst I'm here thinking innovation on Microsofts behalf let's continue.

The ability to use a mouse and keyboard on the Xbox one. If people don't have the cash for PC's then bring the pc to them. Bring World of Warcraft to the Xbox one. They've already dealt with Blizzard before and this isn't impossible. It would bring more subs to a dying game and open up the Xbox to a true subscription based mmo.

If they want to use Kinect so much. Bring Flight Simulator X to Xbox one. Utilise Kinect for head tracking whilst having the simplicity of controlling your plane with a controller. Or of course with your new keyboard connectivity map keys how you see fit. Charge a tenner for this game on the market place and make money from a dead franchise.

Let's move on from the typically accepted 64 player limit for battlefield games etc. Let's see more 200+ player online war games. All out carnage.

That's all I have for now but I'm sure there's plenty of things that could change console gaming for the good.
Old 09-11-2013, 15:42   #1068
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Whilst I'm here thinking innovation on Microsofts behalf let's continue.

The ability to use a mouse and keyboard on the Xbox one. If people don't have the cash for PC's then bring the pc to them. Bring World of Warcraft to the Xbox one. They've already dealt with Blizzard before and this isn't impossible. It would bring more subs to a dying game and open up the Xbox to a true subscription based mmo.

If they want to use Kinect so much. Bring Flight Simulator X to Xbox one. Utilise Kinect for head tracking whilst having the simplicity of controlling your plane with a controller. Or of course with your new keyboard connectivity map keys how you see fit. Charge a tenner for this game on the market place and make money from a dead franchise.

Let's move on from the typically accepted 64 player limit for battlefield games etc. Let's see more 200+ player online war games. All out carnage.

That's all I have for now but I'm sure there's plenty of things that could change console gaming for the good.
Ohhh..I like your thinking..200 + players...bring it on
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 15:52   #1069
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Ohhh..I like your thinking..200 + players...bring it on
Gigantic ArmA Sized maps littered with Vehicles and 200+ players. Plays like Battlefield.
Battleships. Subs. Airport bases full of fighter jets and bombers. Nuclear missiles as rewards and game changers. Decimate a fleet of ships or an airport with a nuclear attack.

General game mode is domination similar to call of duty. One team must dominate 3/4 of the map to win. Battles could last hours or even days. Drop in and drop out and rank up in session.

Total War!

You could push 1000 players and that would limit the need of having too many servers. Servers are dedicated and based on the popularity of the game there'll only ever be two empty servers on the list. Matchmaking will place people in an already existing server that's filling up rather than scattering people about into empty ones.

Copyrighted to Cable Forum! Sneaky EA big wigs probably lurking about
Old 09-11-2013, 16:23   #1070
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Here are the dimensions of the Xbox One and Kinect for anyone that needs it to see if things fit under the TV, luckily i have a few millimetres of room to place it all next to the V+ on the shelf under the TV.

Console (LxWxH):

13.1" x 10.8" x 3.1"

33.3cm x 27.4cm x 7.9cm

Kinect 2 (LxWxH):

9.8" x 2.6" x 2.63"

24.9cm x 6.6cm x 6.7cm
Thanks for that i needed that, luckily i have made enough room
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 16:24   #1071
Sigma
Inactive

Services: TV XL/Phone XL/BB XL
Sigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I was one of those rare few that actually liked the always online idea though.
Me too, for 3 reasons: -

1. You would have been able to install games to the hard drive from a disc, but you wouldn't have to put the disc in to play the game. Even though they were going to limit where you could sell disc-based games, you could still sell them and trade them in.

2. Instant game switching. You can't do that if you have to get up and swap a disc.

3. The family sharing thing, which they scrapped.

I didn't really understand some of the whining to be honest. Tons of people use Steam, where you can't sell or trade in games and you don't really own them and now Steam is going to be implementing the same family sharing idea that MS would have had on the Xbox One, had they not backtracked on it.

A lot of the people whining about having to be online once a day for the console to phone home for licensing purposes seemed to be able to get online every day to moan on and on about it too, haha.
Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 16:29   #1072
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post

1. You would have been able to install games to the hard drive from a disc, but you wouldn't have to put the disc in to play the game. Even though they were going to limit where you could sell disc-based games, you could still sell them and trade them in.

2. Instant game switching. You can't do that if you have to get up and swap a disc.

I didn't really understand some of the whining to be honest. Tons of people use Steam, where you can't sell or trade in games and you don't really own them and now Steam is going to be implementing the same family sharing idea that MS would have had on the Xbox One, had they not backtracked on it.

A lot of the people whining about having to be online once a day for the console to phone home for licensing purposes seemed to be able to get online every day to moan on and on about it too, haha.
Exactly these 3 reasons. Surely there's a way to enable it for one and disable it for another. Checklist in settings etc. Enabling all three settings on the basis you meet the 24hr check.
Old 09-11-2013, 16:41   #1073
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post

I also loved the DRM stuff. It was the next gen vision. From my understanding Family Sharing will be coming soon but IMO bot for at least 6 months once MS have found a way to do it.

Quote:
Exactly these 3 reasons. Surely there's a way to enable it for one and disable it for another. Checklist in settings etc. Enabling all three settings on the basis you meet the 24hr check.
I like that idea. Remember it was only a couple of MB to check in so people could tether their mobile phone if no internet connection as per MS statement i while back
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:55   #1074
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Anyone else like to post their Xbox gamertag in the tag thread that are getting an X1?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/15...e-page-19.html

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

For all you zombie killers out there this looks pretty smart, set the video to 1080p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZwKGeutyUw
Old 10-11-2013, 10:24   #1075
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Bulky has reached the bronze age

Yeah dead rising 3 looks like a blast , in the other thread regarding battlefield 4 , I agree about bf3 but played bf4 beta on the 360 and thought it was awful , still undecided though as the xb1 version looks the business.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:55   #1076
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Will Sky+HD boxes work with the xbox one and will I be able to watched recorded content on my sky box via the xbox?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:56   #1077
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
Yeah dead rising 3 looks like a blast , in the other thread regarding battlefield 4 , I agree about bf3 but played bf4 beta on the 360 and thought it was awful , still undecided though as the xb1 version looks the business.
It just has minor niggles still, it's an updated BF3 but with more dynamic destruction and a lot of fun. (Played on PC where it crashes all the time)
Gameplay is just the same as consoles.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:16   #1078
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Will Sky+HD boxes work with the xbox one and will I be able to watched recorded content on my sky box via the xbox?
Not at launch, sometime in 2014 for The One TV guide and i am not sure how it'll all work.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...-uk-until-2014

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
Try not to compare what you see on the 360 to what we get on the X1 as it can be very different, i make my judgements watching the HD videos of games and comparing from IGN and Eurogamer, and the Xbox youtube channel etc, that is why i say COD ghosts is crap as it got panned in the reviews compared to earlier versions, and the videos look nothing special compared to BF4 on X1 and PS4.
Old 10-11-2013, 14:20   #1079
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

People are getting Ghost's PC mixed up with the consoles, it got positive reviews on the consoles but was slammed on the PC. averaging 7/10 on consoles over 1/10 on PC.

Compare BF4 on PC at a normal res to Xbox one, you'll be alright then. Apart from bugs it looks and plays fine.

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

Dead rising 3

http://i.imgur.com/1YvI3wG.gif
Old 10-11-2013, 14:29   #1080
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

lol yes the videos for DR3 crack me up everytime i see them now.