Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 15:31   #10651
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
Great to see everything coming together for the protest, should be a fun day
well for a Fun day,your going to need on site cheap catering (remember it's london , and london prices, and also, they dont do decent pork pies down there so take your own)

one interesting thought accured to me though with the NebuAd news, i wonder if the BT executive might use the protest day to announce their dropping Phorm.

and want us to get the word out on the cheap for them without paying expensive PR firms to inform the masses
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2008, 15:39   #10652
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post
well for a Fun day,your going to need on site cheap catering (remember it's london , and london prices, and also, they dont do decent pork pies down there so take your own)

one interesting thought accured to me though with the NebuAd news, i wonder if the BT executive might use the protest day to announce their dropping Phorm.

and want us to get the word out on the cheap for them without paying expensive PR firms to inform the masses
There is no chance of BT dropping Phorm I fear. For them to do so would be an admission that they were wrong and in my entire life I have never seen BT admit they were wrong about anything.

Alexander Hanff
Old 01-07-2008, 15:39   #10653
NTLVictim
Inactive

Services: Finding people (retired)
NTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these parts

Can people stop quoting that hamster creature? I don't want to read it's attempts to muddy the waters. I've got it on ignore, and I bet I'm not the only one.
Old 01-07-2008, 15:43   #10654
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTLVictim View Post
Can people stop quoting that hamster creature? I don't want to read it's attempts to muddy the waters. I've got it on ignore, and I bet I'm not the only one.
Sorry but sometimes in a thread this size answers to specific posters will get easily lost UNLESS you do quote them and confusion will reign.Many folk are already finding this thread hard enough as it is with out confused cross posting.
Old 01-07-2008, 15:44   #10655
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterWheel View Post
Very strange that you like Gmail and yet don't like Phorm ?! Gmail much dodgier on the privacy angles.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04..._evil_privacy/
But I have a choice to use Gmail and they give me something I want. I will NOT be able to do the same with the Phorm spyware system, why you ask?

Because even if I opt out my surfing will still be sent to the profiler, I will just not get the ads. Therefor Phorm "121 media" will still be making money from MY private data against my will and against my request for privacy.

Sorry I almost forgot, if VM implement the Phorm spy system I will not have to worry as I will move ALL my services away from them. That will be over £130 a month.

If we all do that it will hurt VM in the share holders pockets

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 01-07-2008, 15:45   #10656
HamsterWheel
cf.addict

HamsterWheel has some notorietyHamsterWheel has some notorietyHamsterWheel has some notorietyHamsterWheel has some notoriety

Quote:
Can people stop quoting that hamster creature? .

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

For avoidance of doubt - I didn't raise Gmail, just responded when someone else did.
Old 01-07-2008, 15:46   #10657
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Sorry but how the hell will members of this forum understand what i am on about if i cannot quote the odd crazy person in a wheel )

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 01-07-2008, 15:52   #10658
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road

What's the name of the free paper that is distributed on the railways in and around London? It would be handy if someone could have a word with the publishers and maybe get a leaflet in those .. they go all over the place!
Old 01-07-2008, 15:56   #10659
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Metro?
Old 01-07-2008, 15:57   #10660
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Just had a word with a friend in London, she tells me the two free evening papers are the London Lite and The London Paper.

I believe the lite is done by the same folks as the Evening Standard tho.
Old 01-07-2008, 16:11   #10661
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterWheel View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7482991.stm

need for Webwise is ever-increasing.
hammy, that article is irrelevant as it is about spam, webwise is about advertising and anti phishing, or are you warning us of intended mission creap???
Old 01-07-2008, 16:11   #10662
serial
Inactive

serial is on a distinguished roadserial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Oscar View Post
What's the name of the free paper that is distributed on the railways in and around London? It would be handy if someone could have a word with the publishers and maybe get a leaflet in those .. they go all over the place!
The Metro, they're funded by advertising, so they would want us to pay a hefty sum.

However people could insert the leaflets at the stands

The Metro is also part of the Standard.
Old 01-07-2008, 16:13   #10663
HamsterWheel
cf.addict

HamsterWheel has some notorietyHamsterWheel has some notorietyHamsterWheel has some notorietyHamsterWheel has some notoriety

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
hammy, that article is irrelevant as it is about spam, webwise is about advertising and anti phishing, or are you warning us of intended mission creap???
I quote from the article "Some 8% of the total spam received during the experiment was classified as phishing e-mails"

So very relevant.
Old 01-07-2008, 16:23   #10664
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by davethejag View Post
Hi Alex, I wonder if this may help? -

http://www.barbicanassociation.co.uk/index.htm

Dave ( and thanks for your hard work)
this seems like an easy way to contact the online residents there and let them know this thread exists and we want their input and idea's ASAP.....

The Association does not have a bulletin board, because one has long been in existence. The Association bears no responsibility for this, but you may enjoy taking part

www barbicantalk.co.uk or visit Barbican Life

nothing one eather site relatingto Phorm and BL seems to be a council run type site, BBT uses phpBB as here, and they have 3545 registered users
Old 01-07-2008, 16:26   #10665
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
You are sailing very close to an infraction for flaming/trolling here. I suggest you take a rest from this thread if you cannot keep calm.

Baby, I was born this way.
Closed Thread