Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One of a thousand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

One of a thousand

Old 05-02-2011, 18:35   #91
zeozhane
Inactive

Services: BB XXL (50), TV L, Tivo, V+ & Talk Weekends
zeozhane is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: One of a thousand

Well i know that i could be getting the free Tivo as i tried my name on the URL earlier in the thread and got the personal message, however, I don't know how may virginmedia customers have the same name as me.

I just need to wait for a remote to arrive. If it does, it does. If it doesn't then it doesn't.

I will admit to enjoying the excitment of possibly getting a free tivo.
zeozhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2011, 18:51   #92
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
its all a matter of personnal opinion i know ... but i for one would not accept it as justified ... i dont expect privaledges above and beyond other customers paying the same as myself BUT i do expect the same treatment as they receieve wether thats free connection , free equipment or a free email addy ... its just simply wrong to treat customers differently based on pure luck and chance especially when the customer doesnt even know its happening..

as for class action .... i may have chosen the wrong wording .. but here in the UK groups of people do take out lawsuits as a collective against companys .. probably a better word is group action ?? and in the world we live in i can see someone starting one off (not me personally but someone would)

All IMHO of course so no need to bicker or fight over it
TBH if VM have chosen 1,000 VIP50 customers to get a free TiVo, then there is nothing any "class action" or court can do. It may seem unfair to the ones not chosen, but VM is a private company and if they choose to do that, then they can.

I'm sure more things are coming......
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 18:58   #93
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
TBH if VM have chosen 1,000 VIP50 customers to get a free TiVo, then there is nothing any "class action" or court can do. It may seem unfair to the ones not chosen, but VM is a private company and if they choose to do that, then they can.

I'm sure more things are coming......
But why not make some kind of announcement saying 1000 lucky people have been picked at random and go on and say the rest of the rollout plans it's been a complete disaster so far.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 19:02   #94
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

I'd say that the fact that everyone's talking about TiVo suggests that it's been anything but a disaster.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 19:02   #95
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
But why not make some kind of announcement saying 1000 lucky people have been picked at random and go on and say the rest of the rollout plans it's been a complete disaster so far.
probably because of the reaction of the peeps that don't get it first.
Old 05-02-2011, 19:04   #96
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
I'd say that the fact that everyone's talking about TiVo suggests that it's been anything but a disaster.
Neil Berkett wont think so when he opens his email up on Monday with 500 emails from disgruntled VIP 50 subscribers LOL
Old 05-02-2011, 19:06   #97
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Neil Berkett wont think so when he opens his email up on Monday with 500 emails from disgruntled VIP 50 subscribers LOL
Who's to say the other won't get a nice treat? I'm sure more little treats are coming.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
indeed
Old 05-02-2011, 19:06   #98
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

I hope so , and they don't forget us XL customers.
Old 05-02-2011, 19:25   #99
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack

some seriously sour grapes going on here.

Virgin have selected a 1000 people as a marketing campaign, great idea and good luck to everyone.

Why are people complaining that the haven't been selected? If you are not selected what exactly have you lost, how have you been disadvantaged?

I hope people complaining who are lucky enough to be selected will decline the offer as they seem to think it is really unfair.

Do you also refuse any random acts of kindness as well, as they would patently unfair to everyone else.

/rant

JJ
jamiefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 19:54   #100
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It is not who you send the mail to, but who you get it from
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 19:59   #101
ronnie_m
Inactive

Services: Tivo on VIP50
ronnie_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Just saw this. I am on VIP50 and have registered. Hadn't decided for definate if I was going to upgrade. If everybody that was interested had been drawn out of a list then that would have been fine but as I have not had the opportunity I feel undervalued and wondering why I should hand over £150 when I already give them a lot of money. I now will not be upgrading until the price comes down significantly. Sour grapes or not that is how I feel.
ronnie_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 20:05   #102
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

They really can't justify just selecting 1000 customers to get it free and then make everyone else pay, especially as some of those 1000 hadn't even pre-registered.

There's nothing rewarding brand loyalty there, nothing rewarding early adopters, just pure random chance.

The people that get tivo first should be the ones that pre-regged and got the email saying "Then you can be one of the first to have it in your home."

I didn't realise "one of the first" meant "after people who have series 1 tivo's, after people just on XL tv who we randomly pick, and after 1000 people we're just going to give the box away to even if they haven't registered for tivo".

Is it sour grapes, or is it a response to VM's flawed roll out with zero information, zero timescales, and pure dumb luck as to if you stand a chance of being "one of the first" like they stated we would be?
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 20:13   #103
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

sorry guys how do we test to see if we will be one of the lucky ones?
ottoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 20:23   #104
knack
Inactive

knack is an unknown quantity at this point

Ottoni, from my earlier post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knack View Post
tivo.virginmedia.com/firstnamelastname
knack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 20:30   #105
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road

I know its pretty much guess work by most of us as VM havent bothered to release any info before starting to allocate Tivo boxes ... so in that respect we are all grabbing straws in the dark ... however if its true VM are randomly picking 1000 customers and giving away 1000 Tivos "free" then i think the customers who registered an interest & those with s1 Tivo who have already parted with £149 do have a grevance and a damn good right to moan and complain.

As for legal action .. well i wouldnt do such a thing but i was pointing out that the way the world is nowadays that some bright spark solicitor may well taken them on for compensation .. after all we have followed US in the compensation culture.

Anyway i guess we will all have to wait until next week when maybe it may become a little clearer who is being offered what and on what terms ... one thing for sure is IF some get a free box and yet they ask me to pay £149 by card upfront on the phone there will some very choice words and an instant email to CEO office complaining of an unlevel playing field, but of course thats just what i believe
Cozzy is offline   Reply With Quote