Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brighton Slow Again

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brighton Slow Again

Old 05-03-2012, 20:39   #91
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Brighton Slow Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by db133 View Post
I am not trying to annoy anyone.

I did not tell anyone 'they needed to change their 'mtu' what ever that is.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Fair point.

So its all right to put "He's clearly incapable of opening a web page. Leave him be."

But its not alright to respond with 'So kind what goes round comes round'

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

But why is that ?
my guess would be your on old qam64 etc which provide less bandwidth etc
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2012, 20:39   #92
db133
Inactive

db133 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
go to signal and post that
Where is signal ?
db133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 20:40   #93
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Where is signal ?
dnt worry oyu have i assume you had another modem which you dnt
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 20:48   #94
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
I did not tell anyone 'they needed to change their 'mtu' what ever that is
my bad, i must be getting you confused with someone else

When we talk about signal or power levels we are referring to the stuff you have already posted.

A lot of people have been moaning about the speed they achieve in Brighton recently. Apparently it is down to the network being congested due to the high student population.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 20:54   #95
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
where do you live. I cant believe you are on QAM64 and QAM16. Anyways, your downstream power and SNR are low which is probably what is causing your rubbish speed all the time.
SNR is borderline. Probably had to drop from QAM256 because of noise, just to keep things running. Obviously, a concurrent 1/4 reduction in capacity doesn't help.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 20:57   #96
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

send an email to the CEO at VM

Quote:
neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk
state your troubles and what youve been told here. also include your VM customer info and your personal contact number to contact you on.

let us know how you get on..
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 21:11   #97
db133
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
send an email to the CEO at VM

state your troubles and what youve been told here. also include your VM customer info and your personal contact number to contact you on.

let us know how you get on..
I will do as you advise tomorrow. Although I am a little confused as to what I have been told on here. Leaving aside the insults and rude remarks that is.
Old 05-03-2012, 21:12   #98
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

whens your your/brightons speed upgrades due.. www.doublespeed.virginmedia.com
Old 05-03-2012, 21:17   #99
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Can I remind members to keep on topic.. If you have a problem with a post and it breaks the rules then please report it, otherwise either leave the thread or use the ignore button. Any more uncivil remarks will not be tolerated.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 21:22   #100
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
I will do as you advise tomorrow. Although I am a little confused as to what I have been told on here. Leaving aside the insults and rude remarks that is.
in your email...

slow speeds/over subscribed/not enough capacity to handle everyone/no sign of upgrades to handle the load/no sign of upgrades period.

------

post up on the virgin media community forum as well. all the modem stats that was requested here without posting your MAC address or serial... they should notice issues there.. you may have a tech booked to come out to you.

capacity etc. will be looked up by the agent.. mention it in your thread. NOTE they dont reply straight away and it may take a few days to get one on the VM forum.. dont create multiple threads. just keep an eye for a reply once youve posted.

-------

you can also try calling VM, you want someone from the UK handle your call if you do call in or forget it.

get that email sent off though. sooner you send it off the sooner youll get a reply/call back
Old 06-03-2012, 09:46   #101
db133
Inactive

Quote:
whens your your/brightons speed upgrades due.. www.doublespeed.virginmedia.com
From July.

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

Quote:
in your email...

slow speeds/over subscribed/not enough capacity to handle everyone/no sign of upgrades to handle the load/no sign of upgrades period.

------

post up on the virgin media community forum as well. all the modem stats that was requested here without posting your MAC address or serial... they should notice issues there.. you may have a tech booked to come out to you.

capacity etc. will be looked up by the agent.. mention it in your thread. NOTE they dont reply straight away and it may take a few days to get one on the VM forum.. dont create multiple threads. just keep an eye for a reply once youve posted.

-------

you can also try calling VM, you want someone from the UK handle your call if you do call in or forget it.

get that email sent off though. sooner you send it off the sooner youll get a reply/call back
Email has been sent to CEO at VM.

I have posted up on the virgin media community forum.

ref: you can also try calling VM, you want someone from the UK handle your call if you do call in or forget it.

I will save calling VM for another time as it can be such a painful experience !

thank you for your assistance it is much appreciated.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:29   #102
thenry
Inactive

From July this year is good. i thought it would have been 2013 for you. upgrades should take place before that and closer to the date to handle it all. let us know how you get on with the CEOs office...

your thread on VM > community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/Brighton-Slow-Again/td-p/1078245

you could have used your own words but not to worry my posted blunt upfront arrogance will no doubt please VM
Old 06-03-2012, 10:34   #103
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

the CEOs office are very good. If anyone from tech support rings you though dont let them fob you off with rubbish about there is currently a fault and it will be fixed in two weeks or something like that. Somebody needs to come out and look at those power levels. Even if you dont get your full 10mbit, you will see an improvement if they are adjusted.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:46   #104
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
When is brighton ever not slow?
I must be close enough to Hove to get the benefit of their 'We're not slow like Brighton' VM goodiness
cookie_365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 14:22   #105
db133
Inactive

Ref: 'let us know how you get on with the CEOs office...'

Just received the following:

Thank you for your email.

I'm really sorry you're unhappy. Neil is currently unable to deal with your complaint personally; however, I've passed your email onto a member of his team, and they will be in touch soon to resolve this issue for you.

On behalf of Neil Berkett