Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 09:28   #1006
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Yup and the riots need to spread ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

She won the most pop votes and it was stolen to ensure the total destruction of the US.... (Trump is part of thier agenda)

I am very worried about the future of our country!!
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2016, 10:10   #1007
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: US Election 2016

I quite liked this, no idea who it is, but its very apt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs
Old 11-11-2016, 10:13   #1008
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Ugh so sick of Jonathan Pie. He does the same thing every video.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:15   #1009
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

She won the most pop votes and it was stolen to ensure the total destruction of the US.... (Trump is part of thier agenda)

last figures I saw Clinton 59.4 million votes, Trump 59.2 million votes

a difference of 200,000 which is 0.16% of the total votes cast,

I hardly think she swept the board.

This "winning" the popular vote angle is bollocks a difference of 0.16% ! Trump is equally as popular.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:19   #1010
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
last figures I saw Clinton 59.4 million votes, Trump 59.2 million votes

a difference of 200,000 which is 0.16% of the total votes cast,

I hardly think she swept the board.

This "winning" the popular vote angle is bollocks a difference of 0.16% ! Trump is equally as popular.
The popular vote doesn't matter because that's not how the President is elected. Clinton's margin is probably going to increase btw. They've not finished counting.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:22   #1011
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

The main issue is that the democratic/ Republican parties in the USA have the same problem as Labour/Conservative in that they only represent the metropolitans and the USA is a big country there's a lot of country and people in between California and Washington. Like wise in the UK most of it is outside the South East.

And they're sick of being ignored.

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The popular vote doesn't matter because that's not how the President is elected. Clinton's margin is probably going to increase btw. They've not finished counting.
Really!!!!!!!! I didn't know that!!!!!!!! thanks for pointing that out for me, All this time I thought Hillary had actually won :dozy:

I was responding to that post.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:23   #1012
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Ugh so sick of Jonathan Pie. He does the same thing every video.
Sorry.

I never heard of the guy before, still doesn't take away the fact what he says is pretty much spot on though.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:24   #1013
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

Really!!!!!!!! I didn't know that!!!!!!!! thanks for pointing that out for me, All this time I thought Hillary had actually won :dozy:.
Sorry. I was just saying that you don't need to use the closeness of the popular vote as a rebuttal to that post, the fact it's irreverent is defense enough to it.

Last edited by Damien; 11-11-2016 at 10:40.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:32   #1014
RizzyKing

I have trouble seeing how calling for nationwide riots in anyway helps a damn thing and cannot believe anyone would be so brainless and ridiculous to even suggest it. Honestly some in the west have become so entitled that anything that doesn't go their way instantly becomes wrong and must be opposed and acted against, the irony is usually most of the one's shouting the loudest didn't bother to vote so try to compensate for it in the strength of their opposition.

Trump won and he came very close to clinton in popular vote as well so the hilary fans need to suck it up and make the best of it and putting up a better candidate at the next election might be an idea instead of the crap one they had this time. Only reason clinton looked credible was because of her opponent and even then she couldn't win says it all really.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:34   #1015
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Sorry.

I never heard of the guy before, still doesn't take away the fact what he says is pretty much spot on though.
He does that faux-journalist having a meltdown shtick in every video. It's very hard to follow along when he constantly speaks with such anger and outrage. I don't tend to respond well to shouting.

Some of what he says makes sense but it's a common postmortem every time the left loses an election, something that's been happening regularly for several years, and it's a bit artificial at this point. People can 'listen' but ultimately part of the problem is that we're talking about people a disagreement on what everyone wants. I think the issue with the left is that it doesn't currently have a good answer to those concerns, Pie spends most of his time shilling for Corbyn who couldn't be a better example of the problem he tries to articulate in this video. When he says 'listen' he means do that, pat people on the head, and come up with the same policies as before.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:51   #1016
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
And they're sick of being ignored.
Absolutely spot on but you know what is really worrying? The penny still hasn't dropped.

I suggest the losers stop trying to interfere with the democratic processes and accept that the systems, by majority, will be moving us in new directions both sides of the pond.

A lot of people are watching. Quietly but with expectation, and seething.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:22   #1017
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Having a national popular vote means you don't elect your own local representative, likely you go to some nasty PR system that usually elects the least unpopular rather than the most popular.

And the US popular count is so close that there would be challenges, recounts, examinations and so on. The current method is clear cut enough to provide a definite result. You may not like the result but that is the way it is. Trump hasn't enacted any policy yet, just make sure that you let your representatives know your feelings in a calm and ordered way. Don't explode into riots, that just provided "the elite" with the reasons they need to "clamp down".
Old 11-11-2016, 12:47   #1018
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Don't be silly.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-11-2016, 14:23   #1019
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

With the displayed intellect of yourself and some of those idiots protesting now turning to rioting and damaging property and beating up of Trump supporters, it is utterly repugnant, if they have that kind of mentality, if you destroy your country, it's on you, not Trump.
Old 11-11-2016, 14:51   #1020
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

There's no excuse for any rioting and I suspect many of those engaged in it have never voted in their pathetic lives.
Closed Thread