Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 28-12-2012, 23:34   #976
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

looking forward to 2013 on the uk and irish scene theres so great matchups to be had if the promoters dont get in the way!

heavyweight- fury v price is the fight people are talking about but also either of them against haye would also be a great fight but the fight i think is more likely to happen would be price v chisora who is a good fight for price as its a step up from who hes fought up to now.

cruizerweight- afolabi is better than the rest at this weight so cant see him fighting anyone from over here but there would be some decent fights involving the likes of dickinson,askin,dawson,conquest,simmons,camacho,pr ice and the lad jumah who has just signed with sauerland.

lightheavyweight- cleverley and bellew could fight again but i think they will more than likely fight big fights in 2013 in america against the likes of hopkins,dawson,shumenov,pascal,cloud or possibly against braemer or gutknecht and id like to see callum johnson and miles shinkwin pushed on a bit as the rest of the uk light heavys arent the best and they should be looking to fight the likes of mcphilbin,ajisafe,mckenzie,dickinson,maccarinelli, mcintosh,dodson.

supermiddleweight- froch has his eyes on massive fights with ward and kessler as well as groves and degale who will want to fight people like abraham,oosthuizen,stieglitz,pavlik,bute,dirrell,t aylor,stevenson as i think they are around that level now but id also like to see fights between magee,smith,anderson,fielding,buglioni these would be 50\50 fights and that is what we want.

middleweight-this is avery good weight division at the moment theres the fights we have all been wanting macklin v barker,macklin v murray,murray v barker but weve also got billy joe saunders who i think could be better than them alland andy lee will want the chance to fight any of them.theres some other good fights to be had at middleweight eubank v etches is coming to boiling point aswell as john ryder and then theres a few foriegn fighted able to fight for a bbbc belt proksa and quato not to mention hope,mcewan,okane,aston,arnfield,blackwell all wanting big fights in 2013

lightmiddleweight- there isnt that much talent at this weight but there is some good fights to be had with brian rose,ochieng,aaron,liam smith,cox,hall,alharbi,selkirk,ekundayo.

welterweight- kell brook is fighting in america and is on the brink of some massive fights at world level but over here we should be seeing fights involving frankie gavin,vassell,purdy,anwar,heffron,skeete,brough,ho lmes,saunders and could fight some of the older lads like lynes,m hatton.

lightwelterweight- khan wont be fighting at british level any time soon but again theres some decent fights there involving mccloskey,hamilton,theophane,williams,woodhouse,si ngleton,cardle,limond and even alex arthur if hes not retired.

lightweight- i expect rees to get beat by broner in february and then burns to also get beat by him in may so if they dont get other fights at that level theres some great 50\50 fights to be had here. burns,rees,mitchell,murray,harrison(if hes not locked up),mathews,crolla.l walsh,flannigan you could pick em out of a hat and it would be a great fight.

superfeatherweight- buckland,sykes,simpson,appleby,clark would all be good fights and the upcoming mitchell smith is one to watch.

featherweight-selby,s smith,lindsay,dickens,murray

superbantemweight-quigg v frampton is the one to watch but theres also galahad and the walsh bothers ryan and michael who are good to watch and i still think theres life left in rendall munroe and we may see him in the ring again

bantamweight-mcdonnell haskins,hall,ward are all decent but kal yafai looks really impressive and may blow them all away on his way up the ranking

at the lower weights weve also got butler,donnelly,satchell.edwards and bayaar

then people can go up or down in weight and make some other great fights but theres one think that may stop these fights from happening PROMOTERS!!!!!

frank warren,eddy hearn,frank maloney,mick hennessy,ricky hatton,dave coldwell,steve wood and any other promoters i havent mentioned make the fights happen!!!
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2013, 20:24   #977
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

On tonight's boxing hour Buncey let slip with the following:

"Hopefully Guerrero and Maywaether, which we'll erm bring to you hopefully here on B0xnation, well not hopefully we will bring that one... trust me!"
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 19:04   #978
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

looks like januarys schedule is sorted with the announcements of salido v garcia and the geale v mundine on delayed viewing but now not content with that we look forward to february and theres a few cards that should be added to boxnation!

friday 1st: sturm v soliman
saturday 2nd: the return of jaunma lopez who was involved in one of the fights of 2012
saturday 9th nielson v mendy,miskirtchian v evensen and pro debut of deon jumah also this is a sauerland event so should definatley on boxnation
saturday 23rd: golota v saleta,szpilka v zimnoch,glazewski v grafka,laszczyk v cieslak
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 11:03   #979
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

It looks like BT is going to buy BoxNation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...g-8449350.html

I must admit I’m not surprised. When Simon Green, CEO of BoxNation, moved to BT a few months back I had concerns BT would try and outbid BoxNation for boxing rights. It was in the back of my mind they may try and buy the channel somewhere down the line.

I currently pay £10.00 per month for ESPN and £10.00 per month for BoxNation. If BT do purchase BoxNation, and ESPN pull out of the UK market, I’ll be signing up for BT Sports as long as it’s no more expensive than £20.00 per month.

Thanks to Muppetman for the link.
Old 14-01-2013, 11:10   #980
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
It looks like BT is going to buy BoxNation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...g-8449350.html

I must admit I’m not surprised. When Simon Green, CEO of BoxNation, moved to BT a few months back I had concerns BT would try and outbid BoxNation for boxing rights. It was in the back of my mind they may try and buy the channel somewhere down the line.

I currently pay £10.00 per month for ESPN and £10.00 per month for BoxNation. If BT do purchase BoxNation, and ESPN pull out of the UK market, I’ll be signing up for BT Sports as long as it’s no more expensive than £20.00 per month.

Thanks to Muppetman for the link.
Two questions Why post twice . & what has this to do with Virgin
Memo to self - must post about Virgin on a Sky forum, clearly Sky users are wrapped up with what Virgin do or do not do. Wonder why
Old 14-01-2013, 12:17   #981
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Two questions Why post twice . & what has this to do with Virgin
Memo to self - must post about Virgin on a Sky forum, clearly Sky users are wrapped up with what Virgin do or do not do. Wonder why
I posted the news in this thread, and the other thread, as I felt the news is relevant to both threads. I think this has plenty to do with Virgin Media. BoxNation is currently available via Virgin however in the coming months it looks like that might change. BoxNation as we know it could be absorbed into BT Sports, which looks likely to join Virgin in the summer.

Whilst I have Sky, I am still a Virgin Media customer. I have my mobile through Virgin Media. I’ve been a member here for 3 years. I’m not going to stop posting just because I’ve changed TV provider. If I’m wrapped up in anything, it’s Cable Forum.

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
looks like januarys schedule is sorted with the announcements of salido v garcia and the geale v mundine on delayed viewing but now not content with that we look forward to february and theres a few cards that should be added to boxnation!

friday 1st: sturm v soliman
saturday 2nd: the return of jaunma lopez who was involved in one of the fights of 2012
saturday 9th nielson v mendy,miskirtchian v evensen and pro debut of deon jumah also this is a sauerland event so should definatley on boxnation
saturday 23rd: golota v saleta,szpilka v zimnoch,glazewski v grafka,laszczyk v cieslak
The line-up is certainly taking shape.

Thanks for the info
Old 14-01-2013, 13:11   #982
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I

Whilst I have Sky, I am still a Virgin Media customer. I have my mobile through Virgin Media. I’ve been a member here for 3 years. I’m not going to stop posting just because I’ve changed TV provider. If I’m wrapped up in anything, it’s Cable Forum.

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Whilst I make the odd comment about the Sky + box ( and that is thank the lord a fading memory ) I do wish that people that do NOT have a service, would stop telling people that do what they want.
Strangely you have the one service I would not take from Virgin - Perhaps I should post left right & centre how poor it is & why people should join X,Y or Z for the mobile service, that is so much better than the one they choose
Old 14-01-2013, 13:25   #983
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I think the real point is that people have differing experiences. I have a Virgin mobile. I switched from o2 and was nervous about doing so but the quad play deal was too tempting. I'm very happy and wouldn't switch back.

As far as this thread goes I've long felt it's one of the best on this forum. I've no real interest in boxing but this thread has seen wide debate about surrounding issues, and Chad is right in my opinion - it remains relevant to Virgin Media.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 13:47   #984
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I think the real point is that people have differing and Chad is right in my opinion - it remains relevant to Virgin Media.
I can see why Box nation is,What I can not see is why anyone that does NOT use Virgin for TV should lecture those that do, over what they do or do not want from it. We all can see for ourselves what is on offer & I am sure that all ( OK perhaps not all) are not idiots and therefore quite capable for making a informed choice.
Old 14-01-2013, 15:57   #985
Chad
cf.mega poster

I wish people would stop trying to control what others post in this forum.
Old 14-01-2013, 16:06   #986
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Hear hear Chad
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 16:40   #987
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Post what you like - the question is Why would you want too. Trying to justify something to yourself perhaps .
Old 14-01-2013, 17:41   #988
AZIMUTH
Inactive

AZIMUTH is on a distinguished roadAZIMUTH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Post what you like - the question is Why would you want too. Trying to justify something to yourself perhaps .
too,no,no,no itshim!if ya gonna lecture us get yer english right itshim,its to.
AZIMUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 20:34   #989
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Indeed.

Is Boxnation the same price with Sky as it was with Virgin Media?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 09:10   #990
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIMUTH View Post

too,no,no,no itshim!if ya gonna lecture us get yer english right itshim,its to.
Let us have" it is to" or" it`s to" in that case,and it is not a lecture it is a question ? As yet unanswered

Must go now to the Smallworld web site & complain about that