Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 22-05-2009, 14:10   #976
ilovehd
Inactive

Services: Vm xl tv, tivo, sports+movies, 100mb bb, xl phone, galaxy note
ilovehd is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

What tools, from 2 engineers i got told this 1 me step dad and the other 1 a manager lol asume what you want thought id share with yous what i heard guess that was a waste of time!
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2009, 15:12   #977
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovehd View Post
What tools, from 2 engineers i got told this 1 me step dad and the other 1 a manager lol asume what you want thought id share with yous what i heard guess that was a waste of time!
Who knows could be right or maybe not,ofcom have had a premium content pay tv review (to do with HD content and access to it) ongoing for a while, if its true sky might be selling to head any regulation off.

Just before the sky basics came back on vm, sky had an intensive media campain to get people to switch,with the line "not currently available on vm," and at the moment they are having an intensive HD campain,could it be once they have maxed out their takeup, and most would be HD customers have signed up to a new 12 month sky contract,the sky channels suddenly appear in HD on vm,only time will tell.

Old 22-05-2009, 15:33   #978
KnightRider
Inactive

Services: 2 Samsung Tivo's, XL tv, Sky Sports Pack
KnightRider is on a distinguished roadKnightRider is on a distinguished road

Good point richard1960 no one had a clue about the sky basics coming back up until 10 days before they came back on air out of the blue. Plenty speculation but nobody had a clue.
Old 22-05-2009, 16:37   #979
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Good point richard1960 no one had a clue about the sky basics coming back up until 10 days before they came back on air out of the blue. Plenty speculation but nobody had a clue.
Acutally some people did but you will find they would have been on tight mouth orders for obvious reasons
Old 22-05-2009, 21:16   #980
LiamTG
cf.addict

Services: TV XL Sky Movies Internet XL Unlimited telephone
LiamTG is infamous around these partsLiamTG is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Time and again ilovehd, this forum proves to be mega unfriendly. If anyone other than the 'regulars' post or report things that other people don't know then it must be untrue and your branded a liar or simply bigging yourself up to make yourself look good!

I personally believe this is what you have been told and I say thanks for sharing it.
Old 22-05-2009, 21:38   #981
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

They do seem to be taking their time making HD available. I can't believe a media company as big as VM only have the one HD channel. It's pretty laughable really, especially in this day and age.

Old 22-05-2009, 22:09   #982
kesterwww
Inactive

Services: BT total BB. BT Vision.
kesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
I wouldn't take the fact that people on here don't believe you too personally. Since BBC HD launched (and itvHD for a while) every single post claiming that new HD channels are coming have been nothing but untrue.
I have given up believing any rumours about HD channels and like most people, will believe it when I see it.
P.S I'm talking about HD channels, not content, which has increased lately and could indeed be a good sign of more channels coming soon.
Old 22-05-2009, 22:14   #983
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hi Product13, You have said exactly what l have been saying for months, yet some forum members don't like it, VM is supposed to be a major TV company, and yet seems to be stuck between planets, Earth and planet truth, Its like a piece of string, where does it end.
Old 22-05-2009, 22:24   #984
ilovehd
Inactive

Thanks peeps you share something then they shoot you down im for 1 is frustrated that there us bo hd content thats why today i recieve a code from me step dad for half price sky hd so all is well now lol!
Old 22-05-2009, 22:30   #985
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Hi Product13, You have said exactly what l have been saying for months, yet some forum members don't like it, VM is supposed to be a major TV company, and yet seems to be stuck between planets, Earth and planet truth, Its like a piece of string, where does it end.
when will you be happy with virgin arthur? when they have the same lineup as sky olus a few exculsive? god you really always having a go at virgin but never say well done when they do sometihng good, and you seem to have the ability to do what the policatin do and makea spin on thing the way you want to see it and not see both sides of the aruement. granted this is not hte case this time
Old 22-05-2009, 23:08   #986
sammyjayuk
Inactive

Services: M TV (SA V+), XXL BB, M phone, Pace Sky+HD (HD, Variety, Movies) & O2 iPhone 3G 35
sammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesterwww View Post
I wouldn't take the fact that people on here don't believe you too personally. Since BBC HD launched (and itvHD for a while) every single post claiming that new HD channels are coming have been nothing but untrue.
I have given up believing any rumours about HD channels and like most people, will believe it when I see it.
P.S I'm talking about HD channels, not content, which has increased lately and could indeed be a good sign of more channels coming soon.
I agree. Ilovehd, I don't think that we're shooting you down per se, but everything we're heard so far, including comments from the CEO, have turned out to be wrong.

Some of us are probably rather bitter about it all - I know I am - and a few of us are geeky enough to care about the cable platform itself! So you've got people who are tied into contracts *and* those who think it's a bit of a waste of potential, all wanting HD on VM - I'm both.

I must admit that I was very tempted to just dismiss your post, but as I said earlier, it's intriguing because it is (to the best of my knowledge) the first bit of info purporting to have come from inside Sky. Who knows?

Sam

PS. Ilovehd, I hope you don't feel that I was shooting you down.

PPS. Ilovehd, bit of advice, if I may: don't call people "tools"! Nobody will take you seriously if you do
Old 22-05-2009, 23:53   #987
ilovehd
Inactive

Tools is a good word lol! I dont care if peeps dont take me serious iam who iam like it or lump it people

In the nicest way possible lol
Old 23-05-2009, 04:45   #988
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Tools is a good word lol! I dont care if peeps dont take me serious iam who iam like it or lump it people

In the nicest way possible lol
I think we're all pleased your happy, so with that piece of information you can play with your tool with a clear conscience.
Old 23-05-2009, 05:36   #989
sammyjayuk
Inactive

Services: M TV (SA V+), XXL BB, M phone, Pace Sky+HD (HD, Variety, Movies) & O2 iPhone 3G 35
sammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
I think we're all pleased your happy, so with that piece of information you can play with your tool with a clear conscience.
By all means yes, play with your tool, just be sure to use protection against the Chuck Key Fairy!

Sam
Old 23-05-2009, 10:06   #990
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjayuk View Post
By all means yes, play with your tool, just be sure to use protection against the Chuck Key Fairy!

Sam
We might as well have this thread on Twitter, for me now on the only post really worth reading on this thread is Media Boy's post 1

Closed Thread