Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 28-03-2014, 14:28   #961
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Come the 19th September you'll never be seen on here again Jimi. You'll be off to join the Scottish Republican Army. Most of those links are like the SNP's policies, there's nothing there...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BitMXq8IMAANiGF.jpg large.jpg (192.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Bir4BGwIQAA2xJt.jpg large.jpg (71.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg BjF7XYaCEAAA4jw.jpg large.jpg (58.1 KB, 9 views)
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2014, 14:31   #962
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Do they take Englishmen?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 14:42   #963
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Do they take Englishmen?
I forgot about that Most Scottish nationalists think they're Irish anyway so he'll have a split personality...
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 14:45   #964
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi View Post

This is so brain dead it's beyond parody.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 15:02   #965
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist View Post
I forgot about that Most Scottish nationalists think they're Irish anyway so he'll have a split personality...

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
This is so brain dead it's beyond parody.
Sums it up nicely.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 19:08   #966
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Come the 19th September you'll never be seen on here again Jimi. You'll be off to join the Scottish Republican Army. Most of those links are like the SNP's policies, there's nothing there...
That day cannot come fast enough

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 21:18   #967
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Well,that's one wee problem resolved.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...may-keep-pound

Quote:
A currency union will eventually be agreed between an independent Scotland and the remainder of the UK to ensure fiscal and economic stability on both sides of the border, according to a government minister at the heart of the pro-union campaign.

The private admission comes amid increasing jitters at Westminster, after opinion polls showed an increase in support for independence despite the Conservatives, Labour and Liberal Democrats all arguing that Scotland could not keep the pound after a yes vote.

"Of course there would be a currency union," the minister told the Guardian in remarks that will serve as a major boost to the Scottish first minister, Alex Salmond, who accused the UK's three main political parties of "bluff, bluster and bullying" after they all rejected a currency union.

The minister, who would play a central role in the negotiations over the break-up of the UK if there were a yes vote, added: "There would be a highly complex set of negotiations after a yes vote with many moving pieces. The UK wants to keep Trident nuclear weapons at Faslane and the Scottish government wants a currency union – you can see the outlines of a deal."
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 21:23   #968
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

That isn't going to happen at all.
Old 28-03-2014, 21:37   #969
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Now now Mr Pharmacist,that's not nice,having said that you may well be correct,it all depends on how long it takes for my whisky tae leave my napper,ye ken.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That isn't going to happen at all.
Yes it will,take it from me Stephen.
Another point for you,my wife has a relative in Hamilton who is a top Labour councillor.
He told me that the SNP are miles ahead but BT are keeping it quiet for fear of a backlash,apparently the latest survey done by the Labour Party themselves I may add, are SNP YES on 56%,BT are on 35% and 9% are still undecided.
Before you,or anyone else for that matter,say its a load of rubbish,(which wouldn't surprise me in the least) then you'll find out sooner or later.
Another wee point,and be truthful about it,how many BT campaigners have you seen in any local towns/cities?
I'll let you know how many the YES campaign had last Saturday throughout Scotland,47.
People are donating huge sums tae YES whilst BT are scrounging for any cash help,THAT is the difference.
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 21:46   #970
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Ahh, Jimi Jimi Jimi, always quoting the bits you like and ignoring the bits you don't.

Here you go:

Quote:
A Downing St source told the BBC: "Nobody in the government who is in involved with this issue has this view. No-one thinks this."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-26791763

It's also quite spectacularly strange how many private, unpublished polls keep giving Yes a two-thirds vote whereas all the published and verifiable ones keep showing the reverse.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 21:47   #971
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Jimi, I know a man whose cousin knows a wee wummin whose son's teacher's aunty's adopted daughter has a dog that wee'd on your garden wall, and she says that you are Alex Salmond's sister, so it must be true.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 21:49   #972
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Now now Mr Pharmacist,that's not nice,having said that you may well be correct,it all depends on how long it takes for my whisky tae leave my napper,ye ken.

Another point for you,my wife has a relative in Hamilton who is a top Labour councillor.
He told me that the SNP are miles ahead but BT are keeping it quiet for fear of a backlash,apparently the latest survey done by the Labour Party themselves I may add, are SNP YES on 56%,BT are on 35% and 9% are still undecided.
Before you,or anyone else for that matter,say its a load of rubbish,(which wouldn't surprise me in the least) then you'll find out sooner or later.
Another wee point,and be truthful about it,how many BT campaigners have you seen in any local towns/cities?
I'll let you know how many the YES campaign had last Saturday throughout Scotland,47.
People are donating huge sums tae YES whilst BT are scrounging for any cash help,THAT is the difference.
Never before on CF have I ever seen someone so clearly standing in a famous Egyptian river...

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 21:53   #973
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Ahh so polls and surveys don't count unless its to benefit you and the Aye party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi
If truth be told,the only one that will count is on September the 18th,we can argue right,left and centre until we're blue in the face and still won't get us anywhere.
Old 28-03-2014, 22:14   #974
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

What's the story?

I have to confess to being somewhat bemused that someone as a Chancellor who allegedly "Failed on the economy, failed on the banks, failed on regulation, failed on immigration, failed on Iraq/Afghanistan, failed on energy, failed on the EU, failed on PFI, failed on education" etc, etc is suddenly considered a credible and appropriate authority on all things "Better together".

How is that?
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 22:39   #975
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
What's the story?

I have to confess to being somewhat bemused that someone as a Chancellor who allegedly "Failed on the economy, failed on the banks, failed on regulation, failed on immigration, failed on Iraq/Afghanistan, failed on energy, failed on the EU, failed on PFI, failed on education" etc, etc is suddenly considered a credible and appropriate authority on all things "Better together".

How is that?
Who is the minister? It's just a quote from someone.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote