Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2013, 14:58   #946
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coventrywoo View Post
well i hope i dont have to upgrade, i hope BTSport is on XL
everything has a price
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2013, 14:58   #947
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
but how much will we have to pay extra, or is it going into the XL
It seems obvious that VM will get BT sports, possibly just in time for the PL on the 17th. Depending on what agreement BT and VM come to will dictate what it costs to customers and if it will be included in any packs. BT would have some interest in which TV packages it goes in I would have thought due to advertising. They did want to have it separate instead of wholesale which would have had customers paying BT directly but VM doesn't work like that.

Guess there is a chance VM could re-arrange their packages due to all this.
Old 14-08-2013, 15:00   #948
martin201002
Inactive

martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
It seems obvious that VM will get BT sports, possibly just in time for the PL on the 17th. Depending on what agreement BT and VM come to will dictate what it costs to customers and if it will be included in any packs. BT would have some interest in which TV packages it goes in I would have thought due to advertising. They did want to have it separate instead of wholesale which would have had customers paying BT directly but VM doesn't work like that.

Guess there is a chance VM could re-arrange their packages due to all this.
Some kind of super premium sports package?
Old 14-08-2013, 15:02   #949
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

If VM have dug their heels in and refused to have it as standalone for a monthly fee then they deserve much praise if it comes to VIP or XL.
Old 14-08-2013, 15:05   #950
martin201002
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
If VM have dug their heels in and refused to have it as standalone for a monthly fee then they deserve much praise if it comes to VIP or XL.
Agreed, we will have to wait to see if that is the case. If it is all those who have jumped ship will regret it.
Old 14-08-2013, 15:17   #951
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Horizon platform lands in Ireland

http://www.upc.ie/horizontv/
Very XMBC looking, which in my opinion is a good thing. Tivo has great features but still, as has always been the case with uk cable, the user interface is clunky and clumsy.

If the bugs can be ironed out of Horizon, I would like to see it introduced here too. Wouldn't say no to the fouth tuner either, very, very, handy.
Old 14-08-2013, 15:23   #952
Coventrywoo
Inactive

Services: XL with Sky sports,Movies, XXL Broadband
Coventrywoo is on a distinguished roadCoventrywoo is on a distinguished road

You: on ur website early today it said espn channel 541 bt 547 and 548.. it was on there for 10 mins before virgin took it down..

Matt: Information was correct but it was previous information, right now we do not provide BT Sports.

a bit more for you guys there
Old 14-08-2013, 15:24   #953
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Previous??
Old 14-08-2013, 15:26   #954
Pinju
Inactive

Pinju is on a distinguished roadPinju is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You: on ur website early today it said espn channel 541 bt 547 and 548.. it was on there for 10 mins before virgin took it down..

Matt: Information was correct but it was previous information, right now we do not provide BT Sports.

Meh. I don't buy that. Information doesn't go up on a live site from 'previous' (no change?) information unless your server farm is totally shocking. It was a 'live test', I'm pretty confident in that.

No offence to you, Woo, just saying...
Old 14-08-2013, 15:26   #955
Coventrywoo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinju View Post
Meh. I don't buy that. Information doesn't go up on a live site from 'previous' (no change?) information unless your server farm is totally shocking. It was a 'live test', I'm pretty confident in that.

No offence to you, Woo, just saying...
i dont buy it either lol
Old 14-08-2013, 15:27   #956
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The genie is already out of the bottle and no amount of backtracking will put it back in there.
Old 14-08-2013, 15:27   #957
Coventrywoo
Inactive

Matt: Hi, welcome to Virgin Media. How can I help?
Matt: Just type your question below…
You: hey, i just wanted to know the plans about BT sports
Matt: I would be happy to assist you with BT Sports.
Matt: May I ask if you're already a Virgin Media customer?
You: no, so i was just wondering if its being added
Matt: Thank you for information.
Matt: We are currently in negotiations with BT Sports. We’re making every effort to ensure that our customers get a great service with the channels they want.
You: there have been rumors saying its being added tonight? is this true?
Matt: I am sorry, we don't have any such information, when we will get we will let you know.
You: but you dont, customers are the last to find out...
Matt: We will update our customer.
You: but you will before saturday? and dont fob me off, cause u never let ur customers know nothing ...
Matt: I understand your concern. However, we don't have any information about BT Sports until now. Howsoever, rest assured that you get this information once we add BT Sports with our TV package.
You: are you hoping to put it on XL package?
Matt: Yes, you might get this with TV XL package. I would insist you to please keep visiting our website for more information.

well theres all what i talked
Old 14-08-2013, 15:28   #958
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:

i work in a call centre environment too. that sounds a generic "uh oh i dont know what to say" answer.
Old 14-08-2013, 15:29   #959
martin201002
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Very XMBC looking, which in my opinion is a good thing. Tivo has great features but still, as has always been the case with uk cable, the user interface is clunky and clumsy.

If the bugs can be ironed out of Horizon, I would like to see it introduced here too. Wouldn't say no to the fouth tuner either, very, very, handy.
looks quality that box.
Old 14-08-2013, 15:35   #960
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The genie is already out of the bottle and no amount of backtracking will put it back in there.

zippity doo dah, fill in the blank spaces,
Closed Thread