Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 13-03-2012, 22:59   #931
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I was thinking of going to VM, but over a farce today with my son, FOUR calls todayto various parts of the world, to try and sort out a problem, and today it was his FIRST DAY, and they made a cock up. l might stay where l am
Now come on Arthur, be honest, you'd have been upset if he'd received a service you couldn't complain about.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-03-2012, 13:00   #932
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
i got sky,virgin media and freeview..
most of the time me and my lady watch normal tv 1 to 5..
i dont know why i bother with sky and virgin media?
greater selection of HD channels?

really is a chore to watch SD on a big TV these days.
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 18:46   #933
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

So what are people finding when they phone up and complain about the price rises? Are retentions actually bringing it back down a notch or are you told nothing can be done?

Also can someone confirm I can leave without paying cancellation fee as they have changed all the pricing?
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 19:28   #934
Ray.uk
Inactive

Ray.uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Called retentions explained as pensioners money was tight could they help in any way going to rise £4.50 from April,from 99.45p
Now on same bundle but at £96.45 on new 12 month contract.this includes a £2 loyalty bonus[Runs out 2014 or on new contract deal] been with cable since Nynex days
Ray.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 19:28   #935
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
So what are people finding when they phone up and complain about the price rises?
Some of us aren't complaining and are just accepting that prices go up.

Besides, there's not a lot they can do for me anyway; seeing as I'm on XL for everything but BB; and that's being doubled in time.

Quote:
Also can someone confirm I can leave without paying cancellation fee as they have changed all the pricing?
I believe so.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 20:41   #936
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

Well sky are currently offering ridiculously good deals especially via cashback sites so I will probably phone and cancel and wait and see what they offer me.
Old 20-03-2012, 20:45   #937
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Well sky are currently offering ridiculously good deals especially via cashback sites so I will probably phone and cancel and wait and see what they offer me.
But remember what comes down in the short term invariably rises in the medium to longer term so its swings and roundabouts to be perfectly honest.
Old 20-03-2012, 20:55   #938
sniper007
Inactive

Well just made a sky basket and it's about £4 cheaper per month for exactly the same package. But there would be a one off cost of £199 for a HD sky+ box as I want multiroom. This is off set by the fact I can get £100+ via quidco cashback, and an additional £100 M&S voucher. Sky has more HD content and F1 channel which is huge for me but...

- Internet is much worse
- Only dual tuners in their Set top boxes right?
- I dislike the sky interface
- No on demand
- I have to have a sky dish and BT wiring all redone
- it's murdochs empire
- TIVO looks promising in the future once they perfect it at VM

The hassle of changing to save a fiver per month with internet that will annoy me.... I think I'd be happy with VM just knocking a couple of quid off my bill.
I will ring them tomorrow.
Old 20-03-2012, 20:56   #939
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
- No on demand.
To be fair to Sky, that's not completely true. Anytime+ is a lot closer to On Demand than they've had before, but still requires a decent net connection etc
Old 20-03-2012, 21:09   #940
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
- TIVO looks promising in the future once they perfect it at VM
Seriously? No tech is ever perfect, so you might be waiting a while
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 21:12   #941
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all

Quote:
The hassle of changing to save a fiver per month with internet that will annoy me....
...till Sky review their prices for September!
andrewbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 21:16   #942
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbrown View Post
...till Sky review their prices for September!
And have no doubt they will go up just as much as Virgins.
Old 20-03-2012, 21:17   #943
sniper007
Inactive

How does everyone know they will review their prices in september? I read that a lot on here. Is that when they are fixed until?

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And have no doubt they will go up just as much as Virgins.
Why do you have no doubt? Again, I read this a lot. I'm not denying they will just asking why people say this. With what certainty I mean...justify your statement.
Old 20-03-2012, 21:18   #944
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all

Sky froze their prices last year, advertising it as frozen until August 2012.
andrewbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 21:24   #945
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
How does everyone know they will review their prices in september? I read that a lot on here. Is that when they are fixed until?

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Why do you have no doubt? Again, I read this a lot. I'm not denying they will just asking why people say this. With what certainty I mean...justify your statement.
Sky froze their prices last year but will not do that for a second year in a row so price rises are inevitable come September and if you don't think that will happen then you are in for a nasty surprise.