Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2009 Drivers Championship?
Lewis Hamilton 15 37.50%
Heikki Kovalainen 0 0%
Felipe Massa 6 15.00%
Kimi Raikkonen 4 10.00%
Robert Kubica 4 10.00%
Nick Heidfeld 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 3 7.50%
Nelson Piquet Jr 0 0%
Jarno Trulli 0 0%
Timo Glock 0 0%
Sebastien Bourdais 0 0%
Sebastien Buemi 0 0%
Mark Webber 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Nico Rosberg 1 2.50%
Kazuki Nakajima 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 1 2.50%
Giancarlo Fisichella 0 0%
Jenson Button 3 7.50%
Rubens Barrichello 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 18-10-2009, 22:36   #916
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age
Re: Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
Cadbury's should make some limited edition chocolate buttons, with Jenson's face on them

Ohh and if Cadbury's do make some, I'd be happy with a cheque for "consultancy" fee's
Call them Jensons' Buttons
Advertisement
Old 18-10-2009, 22:42   #917
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Make a film about this season
"The Brawn Superamacy"

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 19-10-2009, 09:31   #918
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

That was a champions race. It starting from back there is would have been soo easy to get involved in someone else's accident, or to be over cautious. Attack was the best form of defence crackign race even if planty of others threw it off the road.

Well done JB and Team Brawn.

Commiserations to Vettel and Rubens, but for a bit of reliability who knows what might have happened ??

All out for the finale now the pressure is off
Old 19-10-2009, 12:08   #919
keef319
Inactive

keef319 is an unknown quantity at this point

Woo Hoo, I'm one of the lucky winners.

Won a drive with Jenson Button tomorrow @ Bluewater.

:-D
Old 19-10-2009, 12:11   #920
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I'm happy that there's a new British Chamion & Team but I do wish it wasn't JB, after his arrogance a couple of years ago at trying to dump one team for another I'll never be a fan of his....
Old 19-10-2009, 13:32   #921
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

I think that was probably down to impetuousness of youth and inexperience. He was spurred on by bad advice and poor example. I too would not necessarily count myself one of his most ardent of fans, but I wouldn't want to take this away from him. I do feel disappointment for Rubens though. The most experienced man on the track and this is the closest he has ever come to the championship. I do hope it is not his last chance. I am not so sure if Brawn will be up to it next year. McLaren will have ironed out their little problems and will be strong contenders for next year. If JB goes to Williams it might be a good match, but I think he should stay loyal to Brawn and see what they have to offer (only my opinion of course).
Old 19-10-2009, 20:01   #922
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I'm happy that there's a new British Chamion & Team but I do wish it wasn't JB, after his arrogance a couple of years ago at trying to dump one team for another I'll never be a fan of his....
Lewis Hamilton or Jenson Button, who's the more arrogant? I know which way i'd vote, and it aint in a Frome type direction.
Old 19-10-2009, 21:56   #923
basa
Inactive

basa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appeal
basa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appeal

I think both of them can afford to be arrogant. You need to be to drive one of those things on a wing and a prayer.

Lets face it Hamilton was nurtured and tutored to World champ. Jenson fought long and hard along every inch of gravel and tarmac.
Old 20-10-2009, 08:15   #924
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Didn't a certain German future world champion jump ship from one team to another in dodgy circumstances(contractualy speaking)?

Arrogance is all around the F1 world, Button took a 60% pay cut, now I know it's not gonna cause him any hardship, but against other drivers of his calibre he has been getting paid less than his market value, to do that out of loyalty to the team/to ensure he was in a good car is no arrogant act in my book.
Old 20-10-2009, 09:24   #925
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

yes Schuey was signed to Jordan for the rest of the season then Benetton wanted him. At all flaired up at the Italian GP, Bernie said to him on the Thursday just go to sleep and it will be sorted by the morning and by then he was signed to Benetton with a big cheque going to Jordan.
Old 23-10-2009, 13:14   #926
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

JT has got the FIA presidency
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8322393.stm

Also I suggested to my partner a couple of days ago that although I don;t like him it would be interesting if McLaren pulled off a bit of a coup and got both british world champions as thier drivers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8322334.stm
Old 23-10-2009, 13:17   #927
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Just got there before me. I really hope I am wrong but I can just see JT being an extension of the old guard . I really wanted a new start.
Old 23-10-2009, 13:19   #928
Kymmy
Inactive

JT is just a MM clone, hence my support was with Ari Vatenan
Old 23-10-2009, 13:31   #929
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
JT has got the FIA presidency

Also I suggested to my partner a couple of days ago that although I don;t like him it would be interesting if McLaren pulled off a bit of a coup and got both british world champions as thier drivers.

Bottom link is wrong.

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Donington are very likely to lose the British Grand prix today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8300268.stm
Old 23-10-2009, 13:33   #930
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Bottom link is wrong.
Woops, cowwected now...thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Donington are very likely to lose the British Grand prix today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8300268.stm
Yep, read that last night, they've really messed things up!!
Closed Thread