Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Chronicles of Rishi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Chronicles of Rishi
Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2023, 00:34   #916
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Chronicles of Rishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Pretty sure the Afghans, Iraqi, Iranians, & Albanians (majority of boat people, who are asylum seekers, not illegal immigrants)
Based on the overwhelming evidence, every day, the scholars coming over on small boats are not , in the main, asylum seekers.

You can continue to wring your hand and clutch your pearls, but no, sorry.

---------- Post added at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

Quote:
Pretty sure the Afghans, Iraqi, Iranians, & Albanians (majority of boat people, who are asylum seekers, not illegal immigrants), aren’t ‘machete trained’ or seeking ‘slavery reparations’…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
An Iranian is replacing my central heating boiler, highly recommended and much sort after he is too. Don't think he has a machete, but is 'gas safe'
It’s a strange left wing/ Labour Party that cheers on jobs being taken away from young British men.

Well as long as men dressed as women can use women’s spaces, that’s what Labour stands for now. Sensible politics for sensible people.
Old 26-08-2023, 03:07   #917
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
My son has buggered off to Australia. I almost advise everyone to do likewise!
where and why?

I lived in Perth for 20 years (4-6 months a year). Good Mediterranean-style life, ok, quality life with no problems, swimming pool etc but boring. My god boring...I even watched Aussie rules, I went to WACA....I could not take more than 6 months... I went to the Ocean looking up (dreaming) Europe and Surrey...
Old 26-08-2023, 08:51   #918
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It’s a strange left wing/ Labour Party that cheers on jobs being taken away from young British men.

Well as long as men dressed as women can use women’s spaces, that’s what Labour stands for now. Sensible politics for sensible people.
It could be worse you could be the Conservative Party that facilitated it.
Old 26-08-2023, 09:09   #919
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Based on the overwhelming evidence, every day, the scholars coming over on small boats are not , in the main, asylum seekers.

You can continue to wring your hand and clutch your pearls, but no, sorry.

---------- Post added at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

You are Lozza Fox, and I claim my five pounds…

Three culture war comments in three sentences - well done, there’s a job waiting for you in CCHQ…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 26-08-2023 at 09:15.
Old 26-08-2023, 09:43   #920
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You are Lozza Fox, and I claim my five pounds…

Three culture war comments in three sentences - well done, there’s a job waiting for you in CCHQ…
I’m sure there’s a slot coming free on GB news.
Old 26-08-2023, 10:28   #921
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I’m sure there’s a slot coming free on GB news.
No room for any Wokerati on GB News.

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Yes continue worrying about that and tow the party line, under no circumstances worry about

Not being able to heat your home
Not being able to cook food
Getting a pay rise
Falling ill
Swimming in the waterways
Using a train
Needing a dentist
Reporting a crime

Or
Being able to protest about any of the above

No wonder you're advising people to leave the country, shame they've lost freedom of movement to loads of countries though, still imagine how much worse it'd be under labour

To your point - yes. There was no money when Labour left office in 2010 and there will be no money when/if Labour take over after the GE. Fail-Fail is all we can expect.

I grant that the NHS was in better shape in 2010 so far as patient experience went. God knows where the Tories (my party) have pissed our taxes away; or perhaps we know where but not why.

One of the biggest "crimes" of successive governments is kicking nuclear power down the road until, when we really need it, it's not there.

By all means, wish to punish the Tories but open your eyes and don't expect any better from Labour and even less from the mad Liberals.

Also - STOP THE BOATS. Time to post notices in Calais that the RN/Border Force will push boats back into French Waters. £4bn annually is a national emergency which should be declared so we can unilaterally act. Other legal stes will be necessary including abandoning certain Human Rights accessions and replacing them with sensible laws of our own that distinguish between "the Boats" and genuine maritime traffic. Also, having left certain international treaties, Rwanda becomes real. Do this quickly. Nah - won't happen.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 26-08-2023, 11:13   #922
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

To your point - yes. There was no money when Labour left office in 2010 and there will be no money when/if Labour take over after the GE. Fail-Fail is all we can expect.
To say there's no money left at a particular time makes no sense. We've had a national debt for the UK for all of this century and all of the last century. We've just borrowed money. Currently our debt's £2.58 trillion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50504151
Old 26-08-2023, 12:26   #923
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Merely repeating what the Labour bod’s note said in 2010 and what nearly £3tn means today.

Old 26-08-2023, 12:32   #924
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

Merely repeating what the Labour bod’s note said in 2010 and what nearly £3tn means today.
It was clearly a joke as anyone who understood economics (as Brown did) would know that we had a debt back then too.
Old 26-08-2023, 12:43   #925
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

There's never no money left - there's only the choice to not raise money through taxation or not borrow it.

Before someone jumps in to say 'ah but it has to be repaid' then please find me the political party with the plan to get our debt down to £0.

Hint: there isn't one.
Old 26-08-2023, 18:05   #926
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Tory MP Nadine Dorries quits Commons seat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66630308

Quote:
Nadine Dorries has resigned her Commons seat, two months after promising to quit "with immediate effect".

She launched a blistering attack on Rishi Sunak in her resignation statement, saying "history will not judge you kindly".

The Mid Bedfordshire MP first announced her intention to resign on 14 June.

She accused the prime minister of abandoning "the fundamental principles of Conservatism".
In Encyclopaedia Britannica, under "Lack of Self Awareness", it says "see Nadine Dorries"…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 26-08-2023 at 18:22.
Old 26-08-2023, 18:08   #927
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Tory MP Nadine Dorries quits Commons seat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66630308
finally good riddance Nadine you not be missed
Old 26-08-2023, 18:11   #928
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

At last!
Old 26-08-2023, 18:31   #929
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

You see (one of) my point(s) about Sunak - he can't stop the boats, it would seem. So that's 20% of his big 5 screwed.

He can't cut debt if the economy isn't growing - which it ain't by more than the merest smidgeon. Another 20% gone.

He'll pretend that the economy is growing (even by a smidgeon) - but nobody will believe him (a) because it isn't tangible and won't be unless we make wind turbines here (e.g.) tomorrow and (b) the BoE are keeping interest rates high. Another 20% blown.

He'll pretend that patient waiting lists are coming down. But that cannot be so while the population is growing (with immigrants) and medical staff are either striking or leaving the country. -20% again.

Thing is, he knows that he is failing but he's rich and it won't affect him too seriously (other than no longer sitting at the world top table).

And for the Labour fans, don't expect those idiots to do any better. They have to grow the energy industry, ensure none of the oil/gas goes elsewhere (this can be achieved by having golden shares and borrowing to fund this). They have to seed fund all other energy initiatives; they must abandon all stupid rewilding projects that remove arable land from farmers so that we can be more food self-sufficient. They must reform the OFGEM system so that the price cap is not the actual price - lots of reforms like that. They need to make the economy grow substantially so that the NHS can function properly.

But Labour isn't that clever. We are well stuffed. Jeez.

Old 27-08-2023, 00:27   #930
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Then, with all those IT visas being granted to Indians (I have no problem with that so long as it’s not for families), how many of them are supplied from a business owned by Mrs Rishi’s family? This is a valid question in the interests of transparency.
With his City background, Sunak was more economically literate than many in his Party. Yet why did he advocate Brexit? I think you may have answered this conundrum.
Closed Thread