Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I
Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2010, 14:02   #901
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post
the 3D stuff was a load of garbage especially as there was no way fo getting the 3D glasses anywhere near here. if VM do start broadcasting 3D in the future they need to make sure every custmer gets glasses otherwise its a waste of time.
The 3D stuff being broadcast on Channel 4 and the Chuck episode on Virgin 1 are old tech. Proper 3D is the stuff Sky has planned for later this year, with proper 3D glasses.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

This weeks live sport on ESPN.
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2010, 14:12   #902
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Is there no way to have the 3d stuff without the stupid glasses yet?
Old 21-02-2010, 14:45   #903
Nook29
Inactive

Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
Is there no way to have the 3d stuff without the stupid glasses yet?
Yes, but the TV's are currently very expensive and not yet on sale. It'll be a while until we see them.
Old 21-02-2010, 16:32   #904
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nook29 View Post
Yes, but the TV's are currently very expensive and not yet on sale. It'll be a while until we see them.
It's also far worse than 3D with glasses, you have a very limited number of viewing spots, and if you're not sitting exactly in one of them then it looks awful.
Old 21-02-2010, 16:56   #905
Nook29
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
It's also far worse than 3D with glasses, you have a very limited number of viewing spots, and if you're not sitting exactly in one of them then it looks awful.
That's only a problem if loads of people are in the room watching. For day to day family viewing it'll work fine.
Old 21-02-2010, 17:44   #906
paul nolan
cf.addict

paul nolan is on a distinguished roadpaul nolan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
I think the people doing the rebranding must be 13. Nat Geo, syfy, it makes me very embarrassed as i'm able to speak engrish.
C'mon, it's hard to begrudge Sci-Fi for rebranding to SyFy. Sci-Fi is such a generic term they couldn't market the name as a brand. Now they can.
Old 21-02-2010, 19:54   #907
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

I could not imagine having to wear glasses every time i wanted to watch tele. I have seen them in the cinemas they give you these modern cool ones but i think me and my wife would not be able to take one and other seriously if we had to look at each whilst watching tele and having a conversation lol.
Old 21-02-2010, 20:02   #908
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimes View Post
I could not imagine having to wear glasses every time i wanted to watch tele. I have seen them in the cinemas they give you these modern cool ones but i think me and my wife would not be able to take one and other seriously if we had to look at each whilst watching tele and having a conversation lol.
For some couples that might not be a bad thing

For others, might even help lol
Old 22-02-2010, 00:48   #909
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nook29 View Post
That's only a problem if loads of people are in the room watching. For day to day family viewing it'll work fine.
No it's not.

Even family viewing if your set isn't the right distance from the sofa then the seats will not be the right distance apart for the viewing positions.

Number of people viewing is far less important than the location of the viewing positions, and in most living rooms you simply don't have the control over the seating positions and distance from the screen that it needs, you can't adjust them on the TV, so your seating HAS TO line up with them, and that means that your 3 seater sofa has to be a specific distance away from the TV for all of the seats to be in a viewing position.
Old 22-02-2010, 01:02   #910
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

hi all when are we getting sky sports hd and sky box office hd
Old 22-02-2010, 01:38   #911
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
hi all when are we getting sky sports hd and sky box office hd
Old 22-02-2010, 04:13   #912
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

That soon.
Old 22-02-2010, 07:58   #913
Nook29
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
No it's not.

Even family viewing if your set isn't the right distance from the sofa then the seats will not be the right distance apart for the viewing positions.

Number of people viewing is far less important than the location of the viewing positions, and in most living rooms you simply don't have the control over the seating positions and distance from the screen that it needs, you can't adjust them on the TV, so your seating HAS TO line up with them, and that means that your 3 seater sofa has to be a specific distance away from the TV for all of the seats to be in a viewing position.
Whilst it may not be practical, I'd rather have to move my sofa a bit to get a decent 3D effect for all who sit on it, than miss out on 3D all together.
Old 22-02-2010, 10:51   #914
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

List on post one has been updated.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 22-02-2010, 13:49   #915
kingll
cf.member

Services: Tivo & V+HD, 1 Phone, 100Mb Broadband
kingll will become famous soon enoughkingll will become famous soon enoughkingll will become famous soon enough

cheers
Closed Thread