Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 11-03-2012, 10:04   #886
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l will second that.
to me..
sky is good for every day tv including movies sports etc..
but virgin is good for the broadband,phone and on demand stuff..
plus virgin do mobile phone service to..
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2012, 10:43   #887
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
And by the same token I don't think the desire for Atlantic is quite what some people think it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
It obviously isn't otherwise VM would have begun to lose alot of customers.
Quote:
Correct.
Not correct.

Are you seriously suggesting that people would leave a service that is really good and better than Sky in many ways, for the sake of just one channel?

I really want Atlantic, but Sky fail to deliver other, more important things for me.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:46   #888
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Not correct.

Are you seriously suggesting that people would leave a service that is really good and better than Sky in many ways, for the sake of just one channel?

I really want Atlantic, but Sky fail to deliver other, more important things for me.
Just out of interest what are they ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:47   #889
paulsouth

Quote:
Not correct.

sky atlantic is rubbish any way..
Old 11-03-2012, 10:58   #890
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
sky atlantic is rubbish any way..
To you maybe.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:01   #891
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Not correct.

No, I'm saying that people haven't been leaving Virgin in their droves just because of Atlantic, and therefore it can't be that high up on peoples list of priorities. By your own admission it's not even at the top of yours, and you're attempting to argue the point!
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:04   #892
paulsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
To you maybe.
dam right it is..lol.. joke

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

Quote:
i got best of both worlds--sky+hd and virgin media-tivo

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

i got best of both worlds--sky+hd and virgin media-tivo
and freeview to
Old 11-03-2012, 11:07   #893
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Out of interest, why have a Tivo and a Sky+ hd? I know a few people seem to do this, just curious why? I could understand if they each offered different channels...
Old 11-03-2012, 11:08   #894
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Just out of interest what are they ?
Tivo functionality

Fast reliable broadband (which I know sky will soon have)

Free fault fixing

Good response time when there is a fault, though I hardly get any faults, again a reason not to leave

Customer service are good in general.

The last two, Sky may be just as good at, but i Know I'm happy with VM, so with only really Atlantic to tempt me to Sky, VM wins.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:08   #895
thunderlips
Inactive

Services: XL TIVO, 200 MEG BB, PHONE , 4 MOBILES
thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light

Virgin Media is a content provider not a content producer ! vm are better than sky in some areas and sky are better than vm in others its all swings and roundabouts its called business !
thunderlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:11   #896
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
No, I'm saying that people haven't been leaving Virgin in their droves just because of Atlantic, and therefore it can't be that high up on peoples list of priorities. By your own admission it's not even at the top of yours, and you're attempting to argue the point!
Because IMHO, it was a stupid point, and I was pointing that out
Old 11-03-2012, 11:17   #897
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Tivo functionality

Fast reliable broadband (which I know sky will soon have)

Free fault fixing

Good response time when there is a fault, though I hardly get any faults, again a reason not to leave

Customer service are good in general.

The last two, Sky may be just as good at, but i Know I'm happy with VM, so with only really Atlantic to tempt me to Sky, VM wins.
Fair points mate , I couldn't really fault VM when it comes to customer service apart from maybe getting told different prices from different advisors , my parents are generally pleased with their TIVO box ,my main reason for staying with Sky is great linear HD channel range , market leading mobile apps , excellent value phone and trully unlimited BB offering me 9mb via ADSL , I currently have no use for faster.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:17   #898
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Even though we're both essentially making the same point?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:20   #899
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Fair points mate , I couldn't really fault VM when it comes to customer service apart from maybe getting told different prices from different advisors ,.
That's why I added the 'in general' bit
Old 11-03-2012, 11:20   #900
paulsouth

Quote:
Out of interest, why have a Tivo and a Sky+ hd? I know a few people seem to do this, just curious why? I could understand if they each offered different channels...
honest truth why i do this..
wen i moved to my flat where i am now i couldnt have sky cos there had no more room on the dish,fair enough.
so i went to virgin media
the first month i had no problems with it.
2nd and 3rd month i had loads of problems with it.i got fed up with it.
i threw the box out the window.lol
i told virgin media to come collect their box.it was v hd box at first.
so i told my land lord i getting a dish up,my own dish.they was fine with that now.so i had sky put in.
2 weeks later virgin media cable guy came up and collected that smashed came box and gave me a free tivo box.
one problem now,i got a contract with both networks ever since..
now i got 2 year contract with virgin and 1 year with sky..
originaly i only had 1 year with virgin,but as they gave me a free tivo box,they chucked in another year..
in thory-the tivo box is good.but reality-its well slow and the on demand breaks down all the time..
i am happy with the broadband with them and getting a free landline fone..
i found out afterwoods,the phoneline i wasnt in a contract,i could get rid of it any time.so i rang up virgin to cancel the landline phone,they said-save canceling it,they cut off out going calls,but the land line will be free,but just for incomming calls,and that i have to keep the cable tv and the bradband running..so i kept it in the end..
touch wood,the last couple of months the main tv channels are working ok now.touch wood..