Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 17:05   #886
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Eurosport HD please, i'm a tennis fan Roland GArros in HD would be superb!

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

Cheers Andrew, so does that mean that Virgin actually have more % of their customers in V+HD than Sky have in Sky +HD

If SkyHD is 1/8 = 12.5% and V+HD 17% (Maths not my strong point)

I thought a big reason Sky invested so heavily was lots of people took up HD...

Hmmm...maybe Virgin have done the math and realised they need to pull their finger out...
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2009, 18:00   #887
sammyjayuk
Inactive

Services: M TV (SA V+), XXL BB, M phone, Pace Sky+HD (HD, Variety, Movies) & O2 iPhone 3G 35
sammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nice

The V+ is VM's only DTR, so the figures for it will include everyone who uses it as an SD DTR. In that context, it's not nearly as impressive, since I think about half of Sky customers have Sky+ in some form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
I've never seen a quote to confirm VM have the rights to Channel 4 HD either
How about the horse's mouth?

Sam
Old 05-05-2009, 18:20   #888
lemarsh
cf.geek

lemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chass View Post
I have been on cable since cable & wireless days and slowly upgraded as i went along got my v+ just over 18 months ago went to vip package hopeing for more hd didnt happen when my contract is up i shall be going to the darkside just for the hd content as im fedup of comming soon in a few months next quater virgin have the best bb but im going to play hd now catch up bb as speed is not that inportant to me
I'm from Nynex days (here that preceeds C&W) - and have broadband, tv (XL), telephone. But my latest contract expires in August, so if no HD by then, I'm off to Sky. Hate to do it, but if Virgin Media wont give its customers what they want, they can expect more to leave.
Old 05-05-2009, 19:22   #889
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

HD Channels on Virgin Media:

I have been given info on the list of broadcasters that Virgin are in talks with for they HD Channels.

All I can say is Channel 4 HD is coming but no Sky owned HD Channels will be appearing any time soon.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 05-05-2009, 19:37   #890
huxleypiguk
Inactive

huxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of light

Talking is one thing. Do they have the cash to pay them to take the channels ?
Old 05-05-2009, 20:14   #891
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by huxleypiguk View Post
Talking is one thing. Do they have the cash to pay them to take the channels ?
I think Virgin they just resigning broadcasters up with they HD channels added into that deal.

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

Quote:
Virgin Media is planning to change its electronic programming guide so that catch-up TV content is as easy to find as linear television channels. The company has also been testing tying adverts around VoD content, offering another potential money-spinner.
"We are seeing catch-up programming driving things forward," Berkett added. "But HD on demand is also becoming important and we are launching, in July or August, another half a dozen linear HD channels as well. We think it is time to start to join the evolution of HD viewing. Economically it is about the right time."
More here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...ideo-on-demand
Old 05-05-2009, 21:04   #892
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarsh View Post
I'm from Nynex days (here that preceeds C&W) - and have broadband, tv (XL), telephone. But my latest contract expires in August, so if no HD by then, I'm off to Sky. Hate to do it, but if Virgin Media wont give its customers what they want, they can expect more to leave.
Like yourself lemarsh I'm also a veteran from the original Nynex days, and back then cable was certainly on a par with Sky's TV offering.
The sad part of all this is that VM were the "first" to bring their customers HD!! In my opinion Sky also stole a march on VM in 2001 by grasping the nettle and turning off their analogue signal, I believe VM are intending on keeping their analogue on until the end of 2010.
This can't have helped over the years as bandwidth has been at premium recently.
Anyway my contract also finishes this year, end of September, as much as I'd rather stay at VM if these almost "mythical" HD channels still aren't here and the line we are getting from VM is " don't panic, we will be releasing ten...yes count them, ten HD channels in the very near future", then I'm off to a provider who delivers on HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaBoy
I think Virgin they just resigning broadcasters up with they HD channels added into that deal.
I think you lost the plot on that line MediaBoy.
Old 05-05-2009, 23:19   #893
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
acutally its only about 200000 to 300000 extra in the last three month, and the £50 is fairly new i dnt think there will be many leaving the ones that will leave have odne there only a small few that will leave now
you're right, i mis-read. Here's the correct info: http://www.hdtvuk.tv/2009/04/sky_hd_subscrib_1.html

i also hope Eurosport HD comes as i love tennis and it would look far better in HD especially as the resolution and bitrate are so low on regular eurosport.

my wanted 6 channels are:

Eurosport HD
Setanta HD
Channel4HD
ITVHD
Discovery HD
National Geographic HD

MTVHD would be a nice touch too, but hardly any content on it, mainly just music from festivals on it, would like to see mtv's own tv shows on there.
Old 05-05-2009, 23:42   #894
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
you're right, i mis-read. Here's the correct info: http://www.hdtvuk.tv/2009/04/sky_hd_subscrib_1.html

i also hope Eurosport HD comes as i love tennis and it would look far better in HD especially as the resolution and bitrate are so low on regular eurosport.

Eurosport HD
Setanta HD
Channel4HD
ITVHD
Discovery HD
National Geographic HD

MTVHD would be a nice touch too, but hardly any content on it, mainly just music from festivals on it, would like to see mtv's own tv shows on there.
scrap Satanta HD (setanta is in financial trouble and wond be around much longer by the looks of things) and replace it with History HD (as Media Boy has already stated that VM are in talks with them) and then you may have a list that looks pretty close to what we should get.
Old 05-05-2009, 23:51   #895
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

If we got Discovery HD i'd be pretty pleased the rest I could pass on.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:33   #896
moroboshi
Inactive

moroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nice

Quote:

Eurosport HD
Setanta HD
Channel4HD
ITVHD
Discovery HD
National Geographic HD

You might want to check the listings for ITV HD. It barely shows anything at all. It makes the BBC HD schedule look positively packed.
Old 06-05-2009, 14:37   #897
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

true but atleast we get hd football, movies and some scripted tv shows on itvhd, mtvhd is just live gigs really, none of their reality shows are aired on there like nitro circus, hogan know best etc etc.
Old 06-05-2009, 15:25   #898
percie123
Permanently Banned

percie123 is infamous around these partspercie123 is infamous around these parts

They shoud add espn classics that would be a big coup for virgin
Old 06-05-2009, 15:44   #899
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Old 07-05-2009, 14:24   #900
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Virgin testing out SIX new Channels off their EPG.

An Virgin Media viewer has told me that Virgin are testing 6 new channels on they box.

They are called VMTest1, VMTest2, VMTest4, VMTest5, VMTest6 and VMTest7. And are showing ESPN America, Liverpool FC TV, Racing UK, Flim4, Film4 +1 and E4.

On Ex-ntl boxes.
Closed Thread