Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Fuel tanker drivers vote to strike

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Fuel tanker drivers vote to strike

Old 28-03-2012, 21:30   #76
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: [Update] Fuel tanker drivers vote to strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
This is 100% false, mythbuster did this they did all kind of damage to get the phone to make a spark and nada. Enter one staticly charged nylon shell suit then boom.

I have no issues whatsoever with anyone wearing a shell suit going boom
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2012, 22:19   #77
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

People really are idiots sometimes, incapable of thought or taking responsibility. Tonight the Government is facing criticism for suggesting people should fill up ahead of the possible strike blaming them for causing a rush on fuel. While they probably deserve some flack for offering silly comments since when did everyone abdicate their decision making to what some government minister says? Everyone running out like lemmings to fill up then complaining that panic was caused.

Morons.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 22:22   #78
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
People really are idiots sometimes, incapable of thought or taking responsibility. Tonight the Government is facing criticism for suggesting people should fill up ahead of the possible strike blaming them for causing a rush on fuel. While they probably deserve some flack for offering silly comments since when did everyone abdicate their decision making to what some government minister says? Everyone running out like lemmings to fill up then complaining that panic was caused.

Morons.
Old 28-03-2012, 22:40   #79
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Best of all is the numpty telling us to put full cans of petrol in out garages, so now i reckon on the number of garages that are going to be broken into is going up.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 23:48   #80
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
I presume you mean firefighters lives?

During previous fuel stockpiling petrol was found stored in houses. This could easily make the difference between a small fire with no injuries, and a fully developed house fire with a very probable risk of deaths or serious injuries.

I don't think they can legally strike as soon as Easter. But the olympics will no doubt be a target.

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

With respect Hugh, MP's shouldn't give advice on subjects they know nothing about. Or they should take advice from people in the know before they make fools of themselves by giving out dangerous (possibly lethal) advice.

OH yes meant lives

The stockpile thing it will be interesting if it actually caused a fire. Think it was idiotic maude but think firechief is right. Certainly would be worried at every house fire potential to be bomb for poor old firefighters. The other is IF this did happen you survived would you will be charged.

Hugh anything possible ONS just given damning report economy what will happen as all panic to buy petrol make mini recovery say at least not double did recession.

You start to wonder what happens if I am right the strike dont happen yet. Government next say sorry false alarm we was sure it was easter. Its not in there remit to start panics well not deliberate. Usually Governments DUMB down risks to public. They do that as panics can be dangerous could cause fights all sorts nasties.

They overt them as it causes more issue than it solves.

I worried about those people who cant get petrol who got no access to public transport to far to walk. Unable due this get work get possible end up disiplined or fired.

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I have no issues whatsoever with anyone wearing a shell suit going boom
must bean shell petrol so they will goto others which dont like shell. They should know matches dont goto together well.

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:14 ----------

--
Just thought concern now I not saying soldiers wont be trained adequately. What happens if there error at the pumps.

Cars breakdown engines damaged who will pickup the lawsuit for damages.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 00:56   #81
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Popped out to ASDA for a loaf before, this was around 10pm and there were loads of people driving through the forecourt seeing as the place had run dry earlier this afternoon. I wonder how much fuel they were wasting driving around looking for fuel.

By the looks of it the panic buying of bread has started as well judging by what was left on the shelves.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 09:49   #82
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

Absolute flipping I could swear stupid. I hope dump and dumber in our government satisfied.

PANIC now happening my town thanks bunch lemmings as the british public over this shown they not got brain cell follow stupid advice.

We not just got Our petrol station being drunk dry by yobs in suits knicking petrol from those who cant afford to fill up.

We now getting FOOD yes we knew this would happen FOOD suplies in shops dwindling quicker they panic buy all the food.

Whats betting it will be dumped in there bins 2 weeks as its gone off. Brainless morons absolute brainless. While again those who cant afford it STARVE

Dont care want rant time

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

BREAKING NEWS

NOPE NOT STRIKE

Cameron taxi for Cameron and take idiot maude with him

NEW update on advise ON FILL UP IF HALF A TANK.

DONT USE JERRY CANS

What is this idiots taking GIVE CLUE CAMERON/MAUDE advice now TOO bloomin LATE. They all panicking due to your extremely poor advice. Do favour shut your mouths in future.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17545739

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17545258
Old 29-03-2012, 10:02   #83
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

On the other hand, in 2000 T. Blair was lambasted for not acting quickly enough in the face of a strike threat by tanker drivers. Sometimes the guvmint is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

Personally, I think a bit of panic buying now is worth the pain to deny that moron Len McLuskey the pleasure of igniting the panic when he finally decides to call a strike. Nationwide industrial action aimed at any part of our essential infrastructure is a terrorist tactic and anything the government can do to fight it is welcome in my book.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 10:20   #84
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

I bought some petrol this morning but I was relatively calm.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 10:22   #85
mertle
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
On the other hand, in 2000 T. Blair was lambasted for not acting quickly enough in the face of a strike threat by tanker drivers. Sometimes the guvmint is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

Personally, I think a bit of panic buying now is worth the pain to deny that moron Len McLuskey the pleasure of igniting the panic when he finally decides to call a strike. Nationwide industrial action aimed at any part of our essential infrastructure is a terrorist tactic and anything the government can do to fight it is welcome in my book.

Well the people was dump moronic then in 2000 to expect government to call a panic when guess this THEY DID NOT KNOW WHEN IT WOULD HAPPEN. Lets not forget it WAS fuel price issue NOT TANKER drivers.

This plane moronic of our government THEN CHANGE ADVICE after it. Bluthering idiots from government and people.

When these FIRST LOT panickers run dry the strike is on I will laugh at all those stupid idiots who now got no petrol.

Infact this PLAYS right in the hands of the strike why prolongs the issues. Cant take days to up the stockpiles at forecourts to levels before these stupid panickers.

When strike hits we will then have little fuel to distribute hence causing bigger issue.

TIME for those to who want panick is WHEN ITS CALLED not before.
Old 29-03-2012, 10:23   #86
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post
Our petrol station being drunk dry by yobs in suits knicking petrol from those who cant afford to fill up.
What?

Do you actually ever read what you write?

What does that statement actually mean?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 10:29   #87
martyh

Personally i think that if Unites aim was to create havoc and mayhem amongst the general populace and make the government look like a bunch of cretins then they have succeeded far better than any strike would do ....with quite a lot of help from the government of course
Old 29-03-2012, 10:42   #88
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

My husband just went and panic bought.We usually wait until we have just under a 1/4 of a tank.We still had 1/2 a tank but as we have a long trip next week he decided to join the queue.
Old 29-03-2012, 10:48   #89
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
I bought some petrol this morning but I was relatively calm.
There were no problems for my partner when she bought petrol this morning either.
Old 29-03-2012, 10:55   #90
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Hope ours gets some today as we tend to not fill it up that much at all.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote