Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates Part 7
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 17:38   #856
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

It's hotmail asking. but I've given them a fake one now to shut them up.

I don't bother with it enough to change to outlook.
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2012, 19:39   #857
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Companies I deal with at work.

I work in the aviation industry for an MRO (Maintenance Repair Organisation)

I need to contact them to obtain manuals to repair airplane parts.

But a large number refuse to release to MROs/3rd parties, some don't even both to say sod off or even acknowledge emails.

Those that do often charge anywhere between $450 to $20,000.

Thank god I don't have to pay.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:12   #858
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Potential employers that just love to BS.

I recently went for an interview with a well-known and respected company for a job that I know I can do. There were a series of preliminaries such as telephone interviews etc which were fair enough and I passed them. I was then invited along to a group assessment.

My heart sank when I was told we would be split in to groups for 'role play' sessions and a "Dragon's Den" type assessment. I really can't stand these stupid wishy-washy Americanised ways of recruitment. I went along with it anyway and I passed, I was later told I came second out of 43 people people.

The top 8 people were asked to stick around for a one-to-one interview which was fair enough even though I wasn't expecting it as we were not told about it.

I went through the interview answering all the questions and the interviewer even said she felt it went well. I was told I would hear from them within a week.

Over a week later I'd heard nothing so I called them back only to be told I was unsuccessful as apparently during the interview I 'failed to give examples' when answering their questions.

This has really annoyed me. OK I'm disappointed but at no time was I asked to give examples and better than that, none of the questions I was asked were ones that you'd usually give 'examples' to. They also said they felt some of my answers were 'vague' - ok I dispute that anyway but bearing in mind the interviews were sprung on us and I wasn't given time to prepare.

If indeed my answers lacked 'examples' and were 'vague' why did the interview say she felt it went well?

Again I won't hide the fact I'm disappointed and a little bitter but I think I'm justified if this is how they treat people. On the upside they said I was welcome to re-apply in 3 months and did so well that I could skip the preliminaries but I'm not sure I'd want to.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 04-09-2012, 10:32   #859
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
My heart sank when I was told we would be split in to groups for 'role play' sessions...
Oh gawd! I absolutely hate those.

Quote:
If indeed my answers lacked 'examples' and were 'vague' why did the interview say she felt it went well?
Because they think that's what you want to hear, maybe? No. I don't really know either

I had an interview a few months ago. Like you, it was a job I knew I could do really well. When they called me to tell me I hadn't got it, I asked why; as you do. They said it was because I didn't have any "call centre" experience. Except that they never specifically asked if I had. The job would have been three of us in a room. Not exactly what I would call a 'call centre'

Oh well! Put it down to another 'near miss' and move on
Old 04-09-2012, 10:37   #860
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I hate those things as well, applied for a job once and there was no mention of doing group interviews, I was told it was one on one interviews as I have a fear of speaking in public in a group of people. They assured me it was one on one, when I got there it was one of those damn RP interviews before the one on one interview. Even though I really wanted the job, I walked out of the company and never applied there again.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:52   #861
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post

Because they think that's what you want to hear, maybe? No. I don't really know either
If they're a company that only tells people what they want to hear then that lowers them even further in my estimation.

Here's another example about a different job I've recently applied for.

It's through an agency and I passed their typing and IT test with flying colours. As a result my CV was passed on to the employer and the start date is pretty soon. So I'm waiting to hear from them.

I sent an email to the agency and this is how it went:

Quote:
Sent: 30 August 2012 14:43
Subject: Technical Support Agent
Hi
Just to keep you updated on *********, your cv has just been sent over for the above vacancy.
The start date is the 10th September.
Please confirm receipt of this e-mail and let me know if you have any new contact details.

Many thanks

Jill W*****
Recruitment Consultant
Quote:
Sent: 30 August 2012 16:06
To: Jill W*****
Subject: RE: Technical Support Agent

Hi Jill

Thanks for that, do you know when they’ll be contacting people?
Regards

Russ

Quote:
Hi

Sorry there is no news at the moment.

Thanks

Jill W*****
Recruitment Consultant
Now I found her reply a little odd as she seemed to be answering a question I didn't ask. So I requested clarification:

Quote:
Sent: 04 September 2012 09:32
To: Jill W*****
Subject: Re: Technical Support Agent

Hi Jill

If I'm not successful do you know if ******** will let me know?

Regards

Russ
Quote:
On 31 Aug 2012, at 10:27, Jill W***** <Jill.W*****@*****.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Russ

Sorry I have no news at the moment.

Thanks

Jill W*****
Recruitment Consultant
Again, she was answering a question I hadn't asked. It's pretty clear to me that she's not even bothering to read what I'm asking her.

She told me the next contact would be from the employer so I wanted to know would they be informing unsuccessful candidates or not. I think it's pretty clear I'm asking that. However she thinks I'm asking "Have you heard anything from them".

If she doesn't even have the common decency and respect to pay attention to an honest and straightforward question then she shouldn't be in her job.

So I played along and asked her a third time...

Quote:
Hi Jill

Thanks for letting me know, that's a shame.

However if I'm not successful do you know if ******* will let me know?

Regards

Russ
Will she actually read my email this time? Third time lucky I hope...

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 04-09-2012, 10:59   #862
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

I hate agencies. They're certainly no good for someone with my lack of employment. It seems they're not much good for other people either
Old 04-09-2012, 11:54   #863
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I've had to threaten 2 different recruitment agencies with the small claims court when they wouldn't pay me the wages I was owed. It wasn't until I started the proceedings that they backed down and one even gave me an additional £100 for the trouble caused.
Old 04-09-2012, 15:48   #864
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I have a big box of socks to sort before Natalie gets home, no mean feat when you can't even see what colour they are i tell you :-)
Old 04-09-2012, 16:06   #865
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

I only wear black socks. Sorted
Old 04-09-2012, 16:11   #866
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

That doesn't work they don't all wear / fade at the same rate

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

Still I have now got peter doing it
Old 04-09-2012, 16:49   #867
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
My heart sank when I was told we would be split in to groups for 'role play' sessions
Role play's alright when you're doing it in the privacy of your own home.

did you have to pretend you were an object, an animal or a person?
Old 04-09-2012, 17:20   #868
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
That doesn't work they don't all wear / fade at the same rate

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

Still I have now got peter doing it
True. (Partly) Rolling them together before chucking them in the laundry bin helps though
Old 04-09-2012, 22:14   #869
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Perhaps this should be in the Paralympics thread - but I hate hearing a report of an event where an athlete "... who settled for a bronze".
The word is WON. Grrr.

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
True. (Partly) Rolling them together before chucking them in the laundry bin helps though
I wash 'em, dry 'em and leave them for everyone to sort out for themselves. And if they don't quite get their own black socks - then: (no one will notice let alone care )
Old 04-09-2012, 22:17   #870
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caff View Post
Perhaps this should be in the Paralympics thread - but I hate hearing a report of an event where an athlete "... who settled for a bronze". The word is WON. Grrr.
Isn't the phrase "has to settle for...."? Or not. But I agree anyway
Closed Thread