Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 09-03-2012, 14:21   #841
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
I was told £3 charge for TiVO not £3 per box.
The TiVo fee originally was per account but was changed to per box end of last year
Old 09-03-2012, 14:23   #842
daggman
Inactive

Services: 30MB broadband XL, thats all now after Price rises and F1 for 22.50, so sky tv for me.
daggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Exactly. They said likely said the speed would stay the same, not which tier you were on.

What?? I was paying for XL !!!!!!

We WERE ON XL, they rang me, i did not ring them, I think it is misleading to say we will keep your broadband the same, when they have not, they have lowered it a tier from XL to L.

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

Quote:
Exactly. They said likely said the speed would stay the same, not which tier you were on.

How could it annoy you as you're paying for L, if you want 60Mb then pay for XL like the rest of us?

What?? I was paying for XL !!!!!!

We WERE ON XL, they rang me, i did not ring them, I think it is misleading to say we will keep your broadband the same, when they have not, they have lowered it a tier from XL to L.
daggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 14:25   #843
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Looking at your bills the extra £3 is very definitely a Tivo fee rather than a general increase come early. If you were told that this wouldn't apply to you then you should ring up, but I thought the Tivo sub became per box rather than per account some time ago? Perhaps Ben et al can confirm?

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

And in fact he's beaten me to it
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 14:31   #844
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
How many TiVo's do you have?
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 14:34   #845
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

WOW!!

Just rang Virgin up to ask about the extra charge, told them that I was told when I ordered my TiVO that the charge was per account not box. (I ordered my extra TiVO back in August had to wait for an install in november). So he says one minute I'll check that now comes back to me saying we can can reduce your bill by £10 a month for the same services you have now.

I'm happy and pretty amazed by it all my bill will now be £69.50 a month. Until April 1st when it goes up to £71.50 with the price rise that's £2 on XL TV. That's what I was told. But that's still less than I've been paying.

EDIT: I have two TiVOs
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 14:39   #846
paultrademark
Inactive

paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
WOW!!

Just rang Virgin up to ask about the extra charge, told them that I was told when I ordered my TiVO that the charge was per account not box. (I ordered my extra TiVO back in August had to wait for an install in november)
I had the same issue. I have 2 TiVo's, the 2nd one was ordered before the end of October but was installed on 2nd November.

Up till January bill, I was only charged for 1 TiVo (£3 per month) but noticed on my last bill in Feb it had went up to 2 TiVos (£6 per month).

Called them up and turns out there was an audit team going through the accounts and noticed I was only paying for one box (which I was meant to).
Anyway, a manager checked it all out and indeed I should have been paying £3 so I now get a recurring £3 discount on each bill to balance it out.
Old 09-03-2012, 14:43   #847
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

It's pretty weird how he came back with we can take £10 off your bill each month for the same services, I asked why he said something like every few days a month we have special offers on.

Just checked on myvirginmedia and recent charges are showing -£10.13.
Old 09-03-2012, 14:46   #848
paultrademark
Inactive

Not sure exactly how VM work their discounts out (think it's a strange formula) but anyway when I phoned recently about the price increase (£3.50 in my case), I was told I could get another £2 discount to combat that as I had not used my £20 discount?? Not sure if he was just saying that or they indeed work to an exact figure.

Do you have Phone and Broadband too borrissey and if so what services?
Old 09-03-2012, 14:51   #849
borrissey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Not sure exactly how VM work their discounts out (think it's a strange formula) but anyway when I phoned recently about the price increase (£3.50 in my case), I was told I could get another £2 discount to combat that as I had not used my £20 discount?? Not sure if he was just saying that or they indeed work to an exact figure.

Do you have Phone and Broadband too borrissey and if so what services?
It is weird seems like they make it up as they go along, lots of people paying different prices.

I have a separate account with M phone and 100meg BB that my works pay for. With an additional line for Fax machine.
Old 09-03-2012, 14:56   #850
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
l am sure that is what it should be £3 per charge..
Old 09-03-2012, 14:58   #851
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
WOW!!

Just rang Virgin up to ask about the extra charge, told them that I was told when I ordered my TiVO that the charge was per account not box. (I ordered my extra TiVO back in August had to wait for an install in november). So he says one minute I'll check that now comes back to me saying we can can reduce your bill by £10 a month for the same services you have now.

I'm happy and pretty amazed by it all my bill will now be £69.50 a month. Until April 1st when it goes up to £71.50 with the price rise that's £2 on XL TV. That's what I was told. But that's still less than I've been paying.

Good for you.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

More people should phone and negotiate, testing a company's desire to keep you as a customer.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 15:06   #852
paultrademark
Inactive

Quote:
It is weird seems like they make it up as they go along, lots of people paying different prices.

I have a separate account with M phone and 100meg BB that my works pay for. With an additional line for Fax machine.
Ahh that's why I never seen it on your bill

I have :

M Phone
XL BB
XL TV

1TB TiVo
500GB TiVo
V+ HD

=£67.90 (at the new prices from 1st April)
Old 09-03-2012, 15:15   #853
borrissey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am sure that is what it should be £3 per charge..
Yeah it's still £3 charge just built a bundle on VM website with all that I have 2 TiVo's etc, they only charge for one TiVO. Total was £76.50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Good for you.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

More people should phone and negotiate, testing a company's desire to keep you as a customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Ahh that's why I never seen it on your bill

I have :

M Phone
XL BB
XL TV

1TB TiVo
500GB TiVo
V+ HD

=£67.90 (at the new prices from 1st April)
I have Sports and Movie collection and HD Prem.

The BB and phone lines are on a separate account all together.
Old 09-03-2012, 15:19   #854
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yeah it's still £3 charge just built a bundle on VM website with all that I have 2 TiVo's etc, they only charge for one TiVO. Total was £76.50
Considering it's now £5 per TiVo box, then something isn't right in what you built

Even the bundle builder says:

TiVo 500GB box The TiVo box can store an amazing 250 hours of standard TV (50 hours of HD), suggest shows and search live TV, Catch Up and more. You can record three shows and watch a fourth too. The TiVo service costs £5 a month, and there's no activation fee.

and

Additional TiVo 500GB Box Enjoy TiVo in another room. There is a one-off activation fee of £49.95 and the service costs £6.50 a month for each additional box, plus a monthly TiVo fee of £5.00.

and at the review stage if you pick two boxes it says:

TV extras
TiVo Service £5.00

Additional TiVo 500GB Box £11.50
Old 09-03-2012, 15:20   #855
borrissey
Inactive

Quote:
Considering it's now £5 per TiVo box, then something isn't right in what you built

Even the bundle builder says:

TiVo 500GB box The TiVo box can store an amazing 250 hours of standard TV (50 hours of HD), suggest shows and search live TV, Catch Up and more. You can record three shows and watch a fourth too. The TiVo service costs £5 a month, and there's no activation fee.

and

Additional TiVo 500GB Box Enjoy TiVo in another room. There is a one-off activation fee of £49.95 and the service costs £6.50 a month for each additional box, plus a monthly TiVo fee of £5.00.
Correct forgot about the HD Prem £83.50 with the price rises.

Review your order

Order details Monthly One-off
Your bundle
TV XL
12 month contract £30.50 << Change your order
TV extras More TV extras >
ESPN FREE
TiVo Service £5.00 £49.95
Additional TiVo 500GB Box Remove £11.50 £49.95
Sky Sports & Movies Collection Remove £29.50
Sky Premium HD Remove £7.00
Fees