Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 09-10-2012, 14:05   #826
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Maybe each tivo should have some space allocated on VM's servers to back this information up, as the ipad app shows that the information can be easily accessed. I'm not sure how practical that is though.
Yes you could probably get VM servers to back the info up - however it's then getting the TiVo boxes to accept that information back again. That would probably require an addition to the TiVo software as it's not something it does at the moment
Old 09-10-2012, 17:57   #827
jonandmarkuk
Inactive

Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500), Yamaha RXV777, Full House TV, 200Mb, 2 VM v6 Tivos, Slingbox.
jonandmarkuk is on a distinguished roadjonandmarkuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes you could probably get VM servers to back the info up - however it's then getting the TiVo boxes to accept that information back again. That would probably require an addition to the TiVo software as it's not something it does at the moment
I believe US Tivos work in that way, however the difference is US Tivo boxes are maintained and managed by Tivo owned servers so maybe that's the difference.
It's certainly a feature that Virgin could investigate, but I suppose it depends on how useful it would be.
jonandmarkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 18:04   #828
MarkyUK
Inactive

MarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about them

The one thing I'm most excited for is the ability to be able to set recordings on individual TiVos instead of the current remote record which will set a programme to record on every TiVo in the house

By the way - for the people talking about no non-wifi usage, I plan to use my phones 3G connection, tether it with my iPad and watch from my iPad out and about
MarkyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 18:22   #829
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyUK View Post
The one thing I'm most excited for is the ability to be able to set recordings on individual TiVos instead of the current remote record which will set a programme to record on every TiVo in the house

By the way - for the people talking about no non-wifi usage, I plan to use my phones 3G connection, tether it with my iPad and watch from my iPad out and about

Thats as long as it cannot detect you are doing that. ?

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 18:26   #830
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Thats as long as it cannot detect you are doing that. ?
An app can detect it but I'd be doubtful they have implemented something to check.
Old 09-10-2012, 18:27   #831
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Yes makes sense. It's a shame because a backup for whishlists and series links is a priority in my view.
Agreed, I've probably said this before, but, why oh why oh why isn't cloud-based storage used more often for TiVo?

Stuff like Wishlists, series links etc could be saved (and synced) into the (TiVo managed) cloud and then accessed from any TiVo/TiVo app/TiVo website. It would serve as a great backup for when bust TiVos are replaced and would save customers the hassle of re-entering all those series links etc again.

Also (dunno if any one can answer this)......does streaming channels using TV Anywhere count towards the STM broadband limit?
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 18:32   #832
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyUK View Post
I do that myself.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 18:35   #833
MarkyUK
Inactive

MarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
I do that myself.
\/

Lunchtimes are about to get so much more occupied
MarkyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 18:58   #834
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
I do that myself.
Excellent and thanks for the info

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19   #835
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I do love the TiVo iPad app You will all love it too.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:09   #836
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Can any of the testers report on what it looks like on the iPhone rather than the iPad, £400 for a iPad remote is a bit outside my price range at the moment
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:24   #837
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
Can any of the testers report on what it looks like on the iPhone rather than the iPad, £400 for a iPad remote is a bit outside my price range at the moment
I have submitted some screenshots from the iPhone to VM to get the OK to post them here. Hope to hear back soon.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:46   #838
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

If you google for "tivo iPhone app" you'll see lots of US TiVo skinned shots, and if you imagine it red then you're not far off.

It works really really well, and like I said before, I can't wait to get it back on my iPhone again (limited devices for test phases meant I only got to play with early versions).
DaBoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:50   #839
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
If you google for "tivo iPhone app" you'll see lots of US TiVo skinned shots, and if you imagine it red then you're not far off.
I had the unofficial US version working until VM broke something, and I was more than happy as it fulfilled my needs

Not interested in inbuilt streaming as that what my Slingbox is for and just like Sky Go, VM won't be able able to stream all the channels I subscribe to
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:12   #840
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
Not interested in inbuilt streaming as that what my Slingbox is for and just like Sky Go, VM won't be able able to stream all the channels I subscribe to
I've no experience of Slingbox, and only vaguely know what it does.

So when you stream via your slingbox, is this using your active TiVo tuner? i.e. your Slingbox stream mirrors what's on your TV? The only times I have used the streaming is when I want to watch something different from on the household TV.
DaBoz is offline   Reply With Quote