Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 09-06-2016, 23:21   #811
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I simply cannot understand why VM doesn't give customers a choice of channels. I know for a fact that there are more True channels, than we have.

I know that when VM took over the Cable network on the Isle Of Wight (I think it was IOW) The network had True channels, that wasn't on the VM network here
It called "WightFibre".

Here more information:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WightFibre
http://www.wightfibre.com/

Look like "WightFibre" has move to be like Sky Fibre and Talk Talk - re you need to BT Phone line as the channels listed on "WightFibre" very poor website only list Youview+.

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The only cable companies VM have taken over have been UPC in Ireland and Smallworld in NW England and Scotland. It's possible that Smallworld had the True channels but they had fewer channels than VM and did not have BT Sport. (I appreciate that UPC was owned by LGI which also owned VM but VM did assume management of UPC Ireland.)
True.

Media Boy Blog has got the full list of channels at was only on Smallworld Cable areas at time of closure in December 2014.

Virgin Media UK did remove following channels from Smallworld areas when they join them up with Virgin Media UK.:

•Sky1 +1
•Pick TV +1
•MTV +1
•Travel Channel +1
•Food Network +1
•Ideal Extra
•Movies4Men
•CCTV News

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/p...asting-on.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 09-06-2016 at 23:10.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2016, 05:51   #812
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Still no confirmed launch date for Tru TV appearing on Virgin Media UK.
2020 l hear MB.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:53   #813
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Absolutely ridiculous that ppl have to go to all this trouble to try and watch some decent shows, all because the money grabbers cannot agree amongst themselves to do a deal, and make the content available for those who wish to view it without forcing them to join Sky, really makes me mad!
I don't think it's to do with the contracts, Max, which provide exclusive rights to Sky. The missing episodes will be back.

Sky seem to take off programmes on the on demand section when there is a planned transmission due on their linear broadcast channels. They return to on demand afterwards. The good thing about it, though, is that they at least tell you when the on demand stuff will be pulled, so you can plan your viewing. If you miss the date, the series tends to return when the series ends on the main channel.

Game of Thrones seems to do a lot of coming and going because they keep repeating the various series on Sky Atlantic.

Annoying though this is, don't let it put you off the Now TV service. I thought the same as you before we had it and now I wouldn't be without it! Brilliant choice of dramas on there and all for £5.99 with the Entertainment Pass.
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:04   #814
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don't think it's to do with the contracts, Max, which provide exclusive rights to Sky. The missing episodes will be back.

Sky seem to take off programmes on the on demand section when there is a planned transmission due on their linear broadcast channels. They return to on demand afterwards. The good thing about it, though, is that they at least tell you when the on demand stuff will be pulled, so you can plan your viewing. If you miss the date, the series tends to return when the series ends on the main channel.

Game of Thrones seems to do a lot of coming and going because they keep repeating the various series on Sky Atlantic.

Annoying though this is, don't let it put you off the Now TV service. I thought the same as you before we had it and now I wouldn't be without it! Brilliant choice of dramas on there and all for £5.99 with the Entertainment Pass.
Agreed, Max give it a try - you'll only lose £25 max for six months and I'm sure GoT will all be back there at some stage. Or there's a 14-day free trial.
Just for the record Old Boy, the RRP of the Entertainment Pack is now £6.99pm not £5.99pm. But as others have posted, you can get deals cheaper than this.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:58   #815
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Interesting but I think that's to retain you as a customer and better to replace it before it stops working through old age. Still six months or more before the new Tivo is launched and no indications that the existing Tivo will be discontinued then.
Have got 2 other tivo and 200MB broadband so I'd think they know I'll probably stick with them
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 18:29   #816
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

For anyone interested in Now TV, I use this website http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/ to keep track of the boxsets as and when they get put on.

Mad Max, If you have a means of displaying it on your TV for free, ie connect a computer to your TV then give the 14 day free trial a go, nothing to lose.

I like the service and the PQ is acceptable at 720p, sometimes you are against the clock to watch shows so you need to take that into account.

I agree it is a pain that some shows are only on a 30 day catch up service but I guess if you want a comprehensive boxset service then a Sky sub is the only option. If Now TV was made too good then it would take business off Sky (even if it's the same company)
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 20:37   #817
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
For anyone interested in Now TV, I use this website http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/ to keep track of the boxsets as and when they get put on.

Mad Max, If you have a means of displaying it on your TV for free, ie connect a computer to your TV then give the 14 day free trial a go, nothing to lose.

I like the service and the PQ is acceptable at 720p, sometimes you are against the clock to watch shows so you need to take that into account.

I agree it is a pain that some shows are only on a 30 day catch up service but I guess if you want a comprehensive boxset service then a Sky sub is the only option. If Now TV was made too good then it would take business off Sky (even if it's the same company)
Ok thanks for that, and thanks to everyone who has replied and helped.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 21:45   #818
Lozenge
Inactive

Lozenge is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post

The programmes that were mentioned on page 54 (currently the penultimate page) of this thread Game of Thrones and Billions seem to be available until exactly the same dates on Sky Box Sets on a Sky box as they are on Now Tv. They are currently showing as expiring 13th June for GOT and late august sometime (sorry can't remember exact date) for Billions.

Thought people might find it interesting that this is the case with the two services being opposite ends of the price spectrum.
Lozenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 21:48   #819
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozenge View Post
The programmes that were mentioned on page 54 (currently the penultimate page) of this thread Game of Thrones and Billions seem to be available until exactly the same dates on Sky Box Sets on a Sky box as they are on Now Tv. They are currently showing as expiring 13th June for GOT and late august sometime (sorry can't remember exact date) for Billions.

Thought people might find it interesting that this is the case with the two services being opposite ends of the price spectrum.
Sometimes not always I may add it's a case of content expiring at 12.00 only to continue under a new contract at 12.01 it depends on the show.

The newer content has shorter windows probably in part to do with DVD sales.

Once downloaded to the Sky box not all content expires even if it's been removed off the On Demand service.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 23:43   #820
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Initially only those who subscribed to the Sky Premium HD channels were swapped, so that those channels could be switched to MPEG-4. Now the rest of the Scientific-Atlanta V+ boxes are being swapped.
Is there any idea on timescale for the MPEG-4 move? And am I right in thinking Sky OnDemand already uses MPEG-4?
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:27   #821
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
Is there any idea on timescale for the MPEG-4 move? And am I right in thinking Sky OnDemand already uses MPEG-4?
Replacement of the remaining SA V+ boxes is planned to take until the end of the year. Sky Movies HD On Demand have been MPEG-4 for a couple of years.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 19:48   #822
DJ-SWITCH
Inactive

Services: Sky Q 2tb + 2 multiroom boxes, sky fiber, unlimited home phone + sky mobile unlimited :)
DJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really nice

S4C HD is now on channel 555 just a message showing
DJ-SWITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 22:52   #823
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Is there any word on how many red button streams BBC are having for the Olympics this year
Old 12-06-2016, 23:58   #824
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
Is there any word on how many red button streams BBC are having for the Olympics this year
Just this info so far, I believe.
http://www.a516digital.com/2016/04/b...-outlined.html
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 00:21   #825
Frazz
cf.addict

Quote:
Thanks for this