Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 26-06-2015, 10:52   #736
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhook View Post
what case?

What a load of rubbish. I own Windows 8 I bought it for 14.99 on release. I run Windows 10 on its own HDD perfectly legally as I have not breached any of the EULA

dunno what your problem is to be honest take a chill pill man
Again, you fail at reading comprehension.

Don't call other people's posts rubbish if you can't even understand them.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-06-2015, 11:36   #737
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Again, you fail at reading comprehension.

Don't call other people's posts rubbish if you can't even understand them.
I understand perfectly well.
johnhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 17:13   #738
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

No you clearly don't.

If you are running Win 10 on a seperate HDD. You will need to upgrade your 8.1 to 10 and erase the Win 10 HDD.

Or keep that copy of 10 in the preview program receiving new versions.
Old 26-06-2015, 18:07   #739
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
No you clearly don't.

If you are running Win 10 on a seperate HDD. You will need to upgrade your 8.1 to 10 and erase the Win 10 HDD.

Or keep that copy of 10 in the preview program receiving new versions.

I know I have said the same over and over have a read back.

Quote:
Insiders on the preview will be updated to RTM and will continue to test preview builds after release. If they leave the program and still use windows 10 then they will need to upgrade from windows 7 or 8 that has all be laid out previously

They advise that it is a test environment and advise not to be used as main PC some builds have not been stable enough others are. 10130 is usable for 90% of what I do just can not watch movies on my tv without it skipping to the end 10 mins in then I just boot to windows 8.1 which I kept

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Quote:
if you stay as an Insider you keep the operating system for free.Its not the same as the free upgrade as they do not have to take on preview builds.

Your options are test windows for the duration or clean install 8 and upgrade that way. Or do bot
h

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

You will not be able to do an in place upgrade from either of them operating systems and the upgrade is not free for them anyway

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Computers do not need a licence what they are saying there makes no sense

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

Quote:
It is quite simple if you want to continue to test after RTM then you can freely with your clean install

If you no longer want to test you have to have a valid windows key for 7 or 8

I am simply going to continue as an Insider I doubt the rollouts will be that often and past RTM I will switch to slow ring
There found them for you

Nothing I have said in this thread is wrong

Nowhere in the EULA is there a clause that says you have to have a licensed computer all we have is a blog post

A Operating system license is for the software not the computer a computer does not need a license some software does

A Clean direct install of the insider preview will continue to work after RTM on a basis of the user continuing to test the operating systems new builds

All correct I know my subject not sure about some of the rest of ya
Old 26-06-2015, 18:26   #740
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Old 26-06-2015, 18:28   #741
johnhook
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Tell ya something I am useless at interpreting these things do not spend that long on forums and only use basic ones everywhere you know the : ) ; ) : D type things takes no time
Old 26-06-2015, 18:45   #742
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Nothing I have said in this thread is wrong
This statement is wrong.
Old 26-06-2015, 20:53   #743
johnhook
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
This statement is wrong.
wow I waited that long for that ?
Old 26-06-2015, 22:19   #744
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

No your computer doesn't need to be licenced but by installing the OS whether its the preview or bought copy, you are licensing that computer and effectively agreeing to the T&Cs.

The EULA is you agreeing to abide their rules when you install their software. So in effect that then gives you permission to install and run that software.

Which means your PC then has a licence. When you buy Windows you are buying the software licence or key and whatever machine you install it on is then licensed to use that.

So in effect what you said is wrong.
Old 26-06-2015, 22:34   #745
johnhook
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
No your computer doesn't need to be licenced but by installing the OS whether its the preview or bought copy, you are licensing that computer and effectively agreeing to the T&Cs.

The EULA is you agreeing to abide their rules when you install their software. So in effect that then gives you permission to install and run that software.

Which means your PC then has a licence. When you buy Windows you are buying the software licence or key and whatever machine you install it on is then licensed to use that.

So in effect what you said is wrong.
hahahaha the PC is running software with a license the user has the license sometimes the software is tied to the machine sometimes it is not and can be transfered but can only be used once unless a VLE and as I have kept saying I have abided with the EULA so I am not wrong at all
Old 26-06-2015, 23:05   #746
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

We will just all have to agree to disagree.
Old 27-06-2015, 13:19   #747
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

video for build 10154

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph2VrYb0wek
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2015, 17:02   #748
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I hope we get another build soon.
Old 27-06-2015, 18:10   #749
johnhook
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I hope we get another build soon.
Think the next one to us will be RC
Old 29-06-2015, 10:12   #750
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Think the next one to us will be RC
This statement is wrong.