Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Caller Display not available?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Caller Display not available?

Old 14-04-2010, 13:21   #61
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Services: Internet VIVID 150Mb Tv M, Phone - Talk weekends.
nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road
Re: Caller Display not available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrajag View Post
Hi All,

Does anyone know if Caller Display is currently available in Swindon (Area 31)? I am to be connected in the next couple of weeks and not having CLI could be a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for any info.
Andy
Your Going to have to phone them on 150 matey and check that way!
nigelmclelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2010, 13:28   #62
agrajag
Inactive

Services: TV XL, BB L
agrajag is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelmclelland View Post
Your Going to have to phone them on 150 matey and check that way!
Yeah, will wait until they've done the install - if they plan to upgrade the exchanges to CLI this year its no too much of a hardship to wait a little while...

Thanks,
Andy
agrajag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2010, 11:11   #63
nigelmclelland
Inactive

nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrajag View Post
Hi All,

Does anyone know if Caller Display is currently available in Swindon (Area 31)? I am to be connected in the next couple of weeks and not having CLI could be a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for any info.
Andy
Hi Andy, Dont forget for every chargeable call you make with VM you will pay a connection charge of about 10p. VM should drop the call connection charge? Have you got your caller display yet?
Old 22-04-2010, 17:26   #64
agrajag
Inactive

Quote:
Hi Andy, Dont forget for every chargeable call you make with VM you will pay a connection charge of about 10p. VM should drop the call connection charge? Have you got your caller display yet?
Hi Nigel, I'll (hopefully) be connected up to VM next Friday (30th) so will be on to 150 as soon as its all up and running... I'll post back my findings...

Andy
Old 26-04-2010, 13:50   #65
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
What's your switch number Mersey70? can you find out and let us know, Mine is WL1, thats in CH63.
Hi again, I have finally identified what switch I am on (I called faults about a Bloomberg Interactive problem I am still having so I enquired at the same time about the switch and he said that I too am on WL1 (CH41) yet he was adamant that I cannot get Caller ID.

I am going to try and raise a query on the VM forums and see if I can get anywhere further.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 15:42   #66
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Smile Re: Caller Display not available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post
Hi again, I have finally identified what switch I am on (I called faults about a Bloomberg Interactive problem I am still having so I enquired at the same time about the switch and he said that I too am on WL1 (CH41) yet he was adamant that I cannot get Caller ID.

I am going to try and raise a query on the VM forums and see if I can get anywhere further.
If you are on WL1 you CAN get caller ID.
Old 26-04-2010, 18:05   #67
mersey70
Inactive

mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
If you are on WL1 you CAN get caller ID.
Below is the reply I got from a Virgin Forum Team member, this is all very strange!:-

Hi Mersey70,

Caller display should not be available on switch WL1, it is interesting that you advise that someone else who is on this switch is advising they are getting it. I'm going to forward this on to one of our telephony engineers and my manager to look into this further for you.

As soon as I have a response I'll update on here.

Regards
Laura

Help and Support Forum Team
Old 26-04-2010, 18:50   #68
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Question Re: Caller Display not available?

Quote:
Below is the reply I got from a Virgin Forum Team member, this is all very strange!:-

Hi Mersey70,

Caller display should not be available on switch WL1, it is interesting that you advise that someone else who is on this switch is advising they are getting it. I'm going to forward this on to one of our telephony engineers and my manager to look into this further for you.

As soon as I have a response I'll update on here.

Regards
Laura

Help and Support Forum Team

This is gonna be good mersey70!! Keep us posted wont you ?
Old 27-04-2010, 12:44   #69
mersey70
Inactive

Quote:
This is gonna be good mersey70!! Keep us posted wont you ?
Success at last!! i'd like to thank you for your help as without your knowledge I would have been waiting for CLI until the cows come home. How on earth can they make such a stupid error is beyond me, can you imagine how many people this has affected. Anyway I have called to have it activated I will post again when I can confirm all is ok.

many thanks again, the reply from Virgin Forum is below:-

mersey70,

Update with regards to CLI.

Laura as advised escalated your query.

Its good news CLI is available in your area. I would advise you to contact Customer care on 150 to add feature to your package.The information internally is being updated I have left notes on your account also to advise of this.

Also please note that we are in the planning stages of deploying Caller Display where not currently available.

Cheers
Darren E

Forum Support Team

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Hi, I confirm it is now activated!!!

Thanks again.
Old 27-04-2010, 13:36   #70
nigelmclelland
Inactive

You are most welcome Mersey70 glad I could be of some help. By the way I do not work for Virginmedia - LOl.
Old 27-04-2010, 14:50   #71
mersey70
Inactive

Quote:
You are most welcome Mersey70 glad I could be of some help. By the way I do not work for Virginmedia - LOl.
Its obvious you don't work for Virgin because your information was correct!! (only joking Virgin Staff) seriously though it was not the call centre staff's fault as they can only relay the information to hand.

Anyway I am happy as I finally have every service that I would wish to subscribe to.
Old 28-04-2010, 11:48   #72
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Talking Re: Caller Display not available?

Quote:
Its obvious you don't work for Virgin because your information was correct!! (only joking Virgin Staff) seriously though it was not the call centre staff's fault as they can only relay the information to hand.

Anyway I am happy as I finally have every service that I would wish to subscribe to.
I agree, the staff can only pass on the info they have at hand. Glad your sorted.
Old 30-04-2010, 16:34   #73
agrajag
Inactive

Well, all sorted. Installer cabled me up. As soon as he'd gone I rang 150 and Caller Display was working within a few minutes... So, it seems to be available in Swindon.

Andy
Old 30-04-2010, 20:04   #74
dmeldrum
cf.member

Services: VIP XXL Broadband XL TV 3x TiVo 1GB
dmeldrum is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just realised that I started this thread nearly three years ago.

I've just phoned up 150 again, and have been told that caller display is still not available in SE9 3** (ex-Videotron).

I have VIP package, 2 V+ boxes, 50MB broadband, but I still can't see who is calling me when the phone rings.
dmeldrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 17:59   #75
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeldrum View Post
I've just realised that I started this thread nearly three years ago.

I've just phoned up 150 again, and have been told that caller display is still not available in SE9 3** (ex-Videotron).

I have VIP package, 2 V+ boxes, 50MB broadband, but I still can't see who is calling me when the phone rings.
Yes, but if you read the second-to-last post by Mersey70 you will see they are SLOWLY introducing caller id to areas that are without.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

Talking of caller display what year did BT introduce caller display? Bear in mind that it's now 2010 and Virginmedia are only just catching on to the fact that Caller ID is a basic requirement. We should be able to text from our land lines next ?