Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Caller Display "No Longer Available" after port

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Caller Display "No Longer Available" after port

Old 15-01-2010, 10:15   #61
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Services: Internet VIVID 150Mb Tv M, Phone - Talk weekends.
nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road
Re: Caller Display "No Longer Available" after port

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It's actually on ex-C&W customers ie. bill areas 20-22. all original ntl and all ex-telewest customers can get Caller Display already
Hi Ben, Can you please verify that for us please, my area code is 20, and I have just been able to get caller ID for the 1st time so has "AlabasterLyn" (above) in area 22. Was the original problem that customers in areas 20-22 could not get Caller ID and everyone else could?

Or do you mean caller display IS now "Available" in areas 20-22 ?

I thought I was ex-NTL ?
nigelmclelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2010, 11:00   #62
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Due to some historical issues, the parts of the ex-ntl network that used to be Cable and Wireless before that didn't enable Caller Display.

These parts of the company have ended up as being bill areas 20-22. It's these areas that are now having it enabled

All other areas either ex-ntl or ex-tw did have caller display
Old 15-01-2010, 11:21   #63
nigelmclelland
Inactive

nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ben,

I hope Virginmedia will issue a statement or publish something on thier website to this effect soon so we all can rest. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Still post here if you have any joy getting caller display, just to let others know. Partcularly in areas 20-22.
Old 15-01-2010, 16:13   #64
Guy T
Inactive

Services: VIP100 + Tivo
Guy T is an unknown quantity at this point

Still not available in Derby - switch DB1 area 20
Guy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 17:45   #65
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy T View Post
Still not available in Derby - switch DB1 area 20
They may have not got that far, I dont think they have finished the transition yet, Worth giving 150 a call every now and then. Keep us posted?
Old 15-01-2010, 20:25   #66
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCalling View Post
I have just called VM from my 02380 Southampton number (Eastleigh digital network, not Southampton analogue network) and got a UK operator who has enabled CLID on my line for £2.00 per month. Last time I tried (summer, when my VM connection was installed) they said it wasn't available. Ace!

I do have to wait 24 hours yet before it kicks in I was told. I'll post to confirm it's working when I get to test it.
Well, I tried it and it didn't work. I called tech support and a nice Indian chap checked and told me that CLID is not available on my line, so he's cancelled it and refunded the £2.00.

So much for expecting a UK advisor to do this right. The Indian side scores the customer service points today.

The lesson is, ask them to check that CLID is available twice before they get all keen and try to take your money. Also, I am in area 20 and it's not on here yet.
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 22:13   #67
nigelmclelland
Inactive

All as I can say is that everyone keeps trying, because Virgin are roumoured to be working on this as stated above.
Old 15-01-2010, 22:32   #68
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelmclelland View Post
Hi Chrispy2000,

My mistake I should have wrote, £2.00 per month ;-}
Ouch, that's a bit too much for this service, especially as BT give it away for free.

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Seeing as most of us were told that we would be able to have the same services that we enjoyed with BT, when we came over to VM, does anybody know whose buttons need to be pressed to get this or free?
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 15:08   #69
nexy33
Inactive

Services: Sky hd BT phone Vm 50 meg till they stm it
nexy33 is an unknown quantity at this point

canceling with this pack of liars usually helps.
nexy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 15:15   #70
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them

I don't understand why VM aren't letting people know that Caller ID is now enabled in areas where previously it wasn't. I've been telling everyone I know in my area who has VM that it's now enabled here and they've all taken up the service. Considering the junk mail VM often send out, why can't they keep their customers up to date
AlabasterLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 16:30   #71
tigglepig
Inactive

Services: VIP50
tigglepig is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Due to some historical issues, the parts of the ex-ntl network that used to be Cable and Wireless before that didn't enable Caller Display.

These parts of the company have ended up as being bill areas 20-22. It's these areas that are now having it enabled

All other areas either ex-ntl or ex-tw did have caller display
I'm confused (which isn't that tricky!), are you saying that anyone in an area other than 20-22 should already have had caller display available? I'm in area 31 and have just been told that it's not available here.
tigglepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 13:49   #72
sparky621
cf.addict

Services: VM B'band "M 200" TV "Full House" Tel: "Talk More Anytime"
sparky621 is on a distinguished roadsparky621 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigglepig View Post
I'm confused (which isn't that tricky!), are you saying that anyone in an area other than 20-22 should already have had caller display available? I'm in area 31 and have just been told that it's not available here.
I'm confused because I'm in area 20 but it appears to be a completely different area 20 to Guy T who says he's in Derby, I'm in Cheshire/Wirral! I assume from this that the "Areas" have no geographic meaning to them?
By the way I called CS at the weekend and was told that yes Caller Display was available in my "Area 20" just not on my switch...aaaaargh!
sparky621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 16:20   #73
nigelmclelland
Inactive

My telephone switch is "WL1" - Area 20.
Old 19-01-2010, 11:44   #74
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky621 View Post
I'm confused because I'm in area 20 but it appears to be a completely different area 20 to Guy T who says he's in Derby, I'm in Cheshire/Wirral! I assume from this that the "Areas" have no geographic meaning to them?
By the way I called CS at the weekend and was told that yes Caller Display was available in my "Area 20" just not on my switch...aaaaargh!

Sparky, I am on the Wirral, Phone up and ask what switch you are on. As I have caller display and I am on telephone switch WL1.
Old 19-01-2010, 12:16   #75
sparky621
cf.addict

Services: VM B'band "M 200" TV "Full House" Tel: "Talk More Anytime"
sparky621 is on a distinguished roadsparky621 is on a distinguished road

I'm sure I'm also on WL1, I'll have to double check when I get home from work. If I am on the same switch then the CS info must be out of date or something. Maybe BenMcr can shed a bit of light
sparky621 is offline   Reply With Quote