Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 22:32   #61
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

Watching the NHL i have found the picture quality to be ok. Certainly compared to say Universal for example.

Ice Hockey is one sport that cries out to be shown in HD but I have found Premier Sports picture quality fine.
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2014, 22:52   #62
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan247 View Post
Watching the NHL i have found the picture quality to be ok. Certainly compared to say Universal for example.

Ice Hockey is one sport that cries out to be shown in HD but I have found Premier Sports picture quality fine.
Yup, not had too many problems with the picture myself. Will miss the NHL when it goes standalone I must admit.

A belated "Feliz ano nuevo" to everybody too!!
Old 03-01-2014, 23:17   #63
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I was under the impression that Now TV carried a range of live TV channels, including SA. I didn't realise that there were two versions
There are basically three versions:
- Apple TV: just Sky Sports pass available (£9.99 for 24 hours).
- YouView: just on-demand films available (£8.99 pm all-inclusive pass)
- Roku/Now TV streaming box/games consoles: All services ie both the above two plus the live entertainment channels (currently £4.99pm).

On YouView, Sky separately offers slightly newer films through its on-demand, PPV Sky Store. It only offers films.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:20   #64
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
There are basically three versions:
- Apple TV: just Sky Sports pass available (£9.99 for 24 hours).
- YouView: just on-demand films available (£8.99 pm all-inclusive pass)
- Roku/Now TV streaming box/games consoles: All services ie both the above two plus the live entertainment channels (currently £4.99pm).

On YouView, Sky separately offers slightly newer films through its on-demand, PPV Sky Store. It only offers films.
Thanks for the info. Andrew.

On YouView, can one purchase PPV films on an individual basis, or is it unlimited for £8.99 per month?

How much are the Sky Movie channels on VM for a month? I can't help feeling it will cost more than £8.99 a month! This may be a way for VM Sky Movie customers to save money.

Is it easy to hook up Now TV to complement the VM TV service?

I now see what you mean Andrew. If Sky wish to keep SA off VM, if the rumours of a TiVo app are true, they can restrict the offering to the relevant app.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:06   #65
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

The NHL picture quality on Premier is certainly good enough to watch. Hd would obviously be nice, but the standard picture is far from rubbish.
Old 04-01-2014, 16:37   #66
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
The NHL picture quality on Premier is certainly good enough to watch. Hd would obviously be nice, but the standard picture is far from rubbish.
I would agree completely will watch whilst its free then its bye bye. As much as I like NHL there is nothing else for me on the channel.
Old 04-01-2014, 16:49   #67
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Could you please expand on that?
No.
Old 04-01-2014, 16:57   #68
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
No.
Do you yourself not understand what you meant then?
Old 04-01-2014, 17:08   #69
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Andrew.

On YouView, can one purchase PPV films on an individual basis, or is it unlimited for £8.99 per month?

How much are the Sky Movie channels on VM for a month? I can't help feeling it will cost more than £8.99 a month! This may be a way for VM Sky Movie customers to save money.

I now see what you mean Andrew. If Sky wish to keep SA off VM, if the rumours of a TiVo app are true, they can restrict the offering to the relevant app.
Sky Movies on VM is £19.50 in SD or £26.50 in HD.
Old 04-01-2014, 17:10   #70
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Do you yourself not understand what you meant then?
Yes.
Old 04-01-2014, 17:53   #71
thegrid
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with Sky Sports HD & Movies HD. 1TB TiVo, 2 X V+HD, 200MB Vivid Broadband
thegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of light

Evening everybody. I hope you all had a nice Christmas and New Year (I know it's late, but i've not been here haha)

What's the latest?
Old 04-01-2014, 18:00   #72
JustaBloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemma307 View Post
At which date veiwing figures on VM take some what of a fall
I doubt it. Most people who know me would say that (amongst other things) I'm a sports fanatic. But there's absolutely nothing of interest on Premier Sports for me. I'm not interested in subscribing to it and I haven't watched whilst it was free. So there will be no change in their viewing figures from me, whilst I continue to watch real premium sports channels all the time.

I did look in when it was announced here on CF, I don't know why, perhaps just to prove to myself that it had appeared. Something obscure was on, and (having an idea of what they offer) I haven't looked since.

Old 04-01-2014, 18:19   #73
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
YouView customers can purchase movies individually from the separate Sky Store application on YouView but not from the Now TV application, that's just £8.99 unlimited access. BT and TalkTalk YouView customers can also purchase movies and boxsets from their respective ISPs via YouView.

Quote:

As indicated elsewhere, it would be less than half price to use Now TV for movies v Sky Movies. However, Now TV doesn't have all the movies that Sky Movies shows. For example, Spider Man 2 is showing on Sky SciFi/Horror at the moment but it's not yet available via Now TV's on-demand service.

Others on this forum have hooked up the Now TV box to complement their VM TV services quite easily.

Quote:
I don't think VM would be keen on selling another way to access live channels, I think VM would be the barrier here, not Sky. For one thing, it confuses customers. The all-inclusive on-demand movies-only offering should be more acceptable for Virgin.
Old 04-01-2014, 18:33   #74
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I would suspect the Spiderman 2 issue is probably a rights issue , possibly signed before Now TV's launch.
Old 04-01-2014, 20:50   #75
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Very interesting, thanks for the info. guys
Closed Thread