Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hamas Israel War

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Hamas Israel War

Old 11-11-2023, 09:55   #691
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of society
Re: Hamas Israel War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

You’re right, why they’re allowing these far right, marches to go ahead is unbelievable.
Your mate Tommy is doing it. What's the problem?
Ms NTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2023, 11:22   #692
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

cruella got her wish far right causing trouble
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 12:12   #693
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
As are you, this can’t be defined in simplistic terms due to its historic nature. Well you can but you would be wrong.

To be clear Hamas’s actions are utterly deplorable, but let’s not for one minute suggest that Israel are innocent in their current or previous actions. Not that their past behaviour justifies Hamas actions (sad that I have to write that but it would appear that unless you explicitly denounce Hamas in every post you somehow support their aims)

Israel’s current objective namely to eradicate Hamas is doomed to fail because all Hamas has to do is to survive to win. Hamas influence and offensive capabilities will certainly be significantly reduced but they won’t be wiped out and you can bet that a percentage of the individuals or families of those who were classed as collateral damage will go on to seek revenge

Everything you’ve said is true, except the bit about me being wrong.

Remember, the Hamas strings are being pulled by Iran and their mission is the same as Hitler’s. “Historic nature” you said.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 13:29   #694
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

Everything you’ve said is true, except the bit about me being wrong.

Remember, the Hamas strings are being pulled by Iran and their mission is the same as Hitler’s. “Historic nature” you said.
You’re wrong in the sense of trying to use the only the latest situation as a means to define the entire conflict.

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Can’t wait to see the Home Secretary denounce the actions of the counter protestors who launched missiles at the police and has led to a significant amount of arrests.

More than likely she’ll try to blame it on the actions of a peaceful protest which seems to have had no trouble within it, well, non that I can see reported.
Old 11-11-2023, 13:35   #695
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Bit of a misleading headline in the Times today…

Quote:
Pro-Palestinian march live: Clashes near Cenotaph before London rally
Worded to make it sound like the clashes were involving the Pro-Palestinian marchers, imho

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...-day-0kx7zrtl6

When in fact

Quote:
Some counter-protesters clashed with police near the Cenotaph amid chants of “England till I die”. There were fears of violence from groups with far-right links.
Quote:
Tension is high at the entrance to Westminster Bridge, where a group of counter-protesters have just walked up from the Winston Chruchill statue in Parliament Square, chanting and drinking (Hugo Daniel reports).

Police in riot helmets are blocking the entrance to Westminster Bridge, but the protesters are shouting, pushing and throwing cans of beer at them while police are hitting them with batons.

The crowd are singing “England ‘til I die” and “we want our country back” and a red flare has been set off. Meanwhile tourists and passersby are gathering on the pavement to film the clashes on their phones.

Some in the crowd are hiding their faces with scarfs or balaclavas and many are shouting abuse at a line of police.
Quote:
Just before 11am clashes broke out with police as a large crowd of people, some bearing St George’s and Union flags attempted to reach the Cenotaph,singing football chants including “England ‘til I die”.

Some bottles were thrown at police, with some of the crowd hit with batons.

Harry Briggs, 75, of the Royal Observer Corps, who has come to London for Remembrance weekend for the past 15 years, said it was the largest crowd he had seen at the Cenotaph on November 11.

He said: “I think the police did a very good thing. The crowd of protesters were coming round, the police did a tactical withdrawal and that annoyed them, that the police weren’t going to have a confrontation. Unfortunately some of them were standing on the memorials which we are here to remember. Once 11am was over they faded towards Trafalgar Square probably looking for more antagonism somewhere else.”
Quote:
A group of protesters were seen walking towards Hyde Park chanting “England till I die”, the Press Association reported.

There were also clashes with police in Chinatown, with protesters reportedly chanting: “You’re not English anymore” towards officers.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 14:13   #696
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Do I agree with pro-Palestine marches?…….no because the current marches are pro-Hamas marches.
I'm afraid I think you've lost touch with reality. If the marches were pro-Hamas then they would be banned in the UK.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 14:22   #697
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Sorry but those collective people who were unable to differentiate between a protest being held in the name of of implentimg a ceasefire/stopping the deaths of innocent civilians as opposed to a pro Hamas demonstration gave motive and enabled the acts that we’ve seen today.
Old 11-11-2023, 16:10   #698
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm afraid I think you've lost touch with reality. If the marches were pro-Hamas then they would be banned in the UK.
Yes Sherlock, several people have said that, of course they are not officially Pro-Hamas marches. But there are many pro-Hamas and anti-Semitic chants, banners, and slogans.

I’m just calling them what they really are.
Old 11-11-2023, 16:44   #699
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Yes Sherlock, several people have said that, of course they are not officially Pro-Hamas marches. But there are many pro-Hamas and anti-Semitic chants, banners, and slogans.

I’m just calling them what they really are.

29 arrests total at pro Palestinian marches in the U.K. resulting in six charged so far, as opposed to 92 counter protestors arrested just today. A few bad apples in a barrel doesn’t define the motives of the entire series of protests

There seems to be a complete lack of condemnation for the throwing of missiles at the police ?

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

The met are searching for two people wearing pro Hamas headbands out of a count of 300,000 pro Palestinian protestors a tiny tiny proportion
Old 11-11-2023, 16:49   #700
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

The sum total of criminality appears to be two people that might be wearing “Hamas headbands”.

I do enjoy when the far right come out. Gives something for teachers to use as a warning to kids what will happen if they don’t pay attention in class.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 16:54   #701
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

I do enjoy when the far right come out. Gives something for teachers to use as a warning to kids what will happen if they don’t pay attention in class.
They seemed to be drunk. Several were holding beers....
Old 11-11-2023, 17:03   #702
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
29 arrests total at pro Palestinian marches in the U.K. resulting in six charged so far, as opposed to 92 counter protestors arrested just today. A few bad apples in a barrel doesn’t define the motives of the entire series of protests

There seems to be a complete lack of condemnation for the throwing of missiles at the police ?

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

The met are searching for two people wearing pro Hamas headbands out of a count of 300,000 pro Palestinian protestors a tiny tiny proportion
300,000? You all know what I would want to say.

Old 11-11-2023, 17:10   #703
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Quote:
Torygraph says 300,000

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/#source=refresh

Perhaps, I missed your point.
Old 11-11-2023, 17:24   #704
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms NTL View Post
Torygraph says 300,000

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/#source=refresh

Perhaps, I missed your point.
The members who got my point are likely to comment.
I really needn't say more.

Old 11-11-2023, 17:43   #705
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Say it then ?