Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Old 25-02-2012, 11:34   #676
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post

There is a place for 3D it is called the cinema, where you can watch in your silly glasses in the dark

I must admit I have been know to partake in viewing a couple of Cineworlds offering's
at their prices?

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon60 View Post
The mess-up is the Sky Sports F1 HD icon. We know that Virgin are only getting the SD channel.
Do they know more than there letting on. come on how many times do sky make a mess of things. maybe their still in advanced talks with VM or maybe they have been told off by Ofcom about their rational move.
Derekb108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-02-2012, 11:47   #677
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
F1 wont be on Sky 3D this season anyway or even next season so the people that say they will be watching F1 in 3D will be disappointed

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

Just looked at VM EPG for Sky Sports F1 and it looks like the 1st show for us on the channel is on Sat 10th March at 10am which is the Formula 1 Magazine Show. It shows on 9th March coming soon. Does this mean we get channel 1 day later or is it that VM need to update the EPG?

The F1 Magazine Show is is on SSF1 on 9th of March at 8pm It also Sky1 HD on 10th March at 7am , The TiVo EPG is correct.
Old 25-02-2012, 12:15   #678
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlot View Post
Sky recognising that there is a market for people who just want F1, and not the other sports channels...

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/formula-one/

(Make up of £10.25 a month for the HD pack. No separate charge for the F1 HD channel)
i just got rid of the sky sports channels and sky movies channels..
Old 25-02-2012, 12:16   #679
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
F1 wont be on Sky 3D this season anyway or even next season so the people that say they will be watching F1 in 3D will be disappointed

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

Just looked at VM EPG for Sky Sports F1 and it looks like the 1st show for us on the channel is on Sat 10th March at 10am which is the Formula 1 Magazine Show. It shows on 9th March coming soon. Does this mean we get channel 1 day later or is it that VM need to update the EPG?
I suppose we'll have to struggle on watching it in HD with 5.1 surround sound or Sky Go or the dedicated Sky Sports F1 app it certainly will be a challenge .
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 13:27   #680
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The F1 Magazine Show is is on SSF1 on 9th of March at 8pm It also Sky1 HD on 10th March at 7am , The TiVo EPG is correct.
I was defo looking at Sky F1 EPG and it didnt show any programs on 9th march just 10th march
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 13:44   #681
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I was defo looking at Sky F1 EPG and it didnt show any programs on 9th march just 10th march
No you definitely have go it wrong as there are programmes listed on the 9th of March.
Old 25-02-2012, 14:15   #682
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Its now changed lol. I wasnt wrong at the time of posting thou
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 14:37   #683
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Its now changed lol. I wasnt wrong at the time of posting thou
No l think what happens is that peoples EPG's update at different times and l suspect that to be the case here.
Old 25-02-2012, 22:48   #684
PeacockAntony
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media: TV L, BB L.
PeacockAntony is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFTW View Post
Well I have great news for you, you don't have to buy a 3DTV and so you won't be wearing those "silly" glasses in your living room .

I on the other hand will be sitting in my living room listening to F1 in 5.1 and hopefully watching a few races in 3D wearing my "silly" glasses.

Although I suspect I do look very cool in my silly glasses,
Quote:
Don't expect to see F1 in 3D any time soon. Sky may have a 3D channel, but Bernie/FOM won't want to replace their cameras with 3D cameras just for Sky UK.
F1 is slow to take advantage of new technology. HD has been around for years, and they only made HD feed available for last season.
PeacockAntony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 08:18   #685
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I disagree wouldn't at all be surprised to see F1 in 3D over the next few years , at the end of the day money talks , how many said it would never end up on pay TV.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 08:32   #686
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I disagree wouldn't at all be surprised to see F1 in 3D over the next few years , at the end of the day money talks , how many said it would never end up on pay TV.
Well l for one expected it as this has been the trend for many years with sports bodys selling out to the highest bidder which is all fine and dandy but remember the golden goose does not lay forever and sooner rather then later the egg will crack and there will be quite a mess to clear up as a result of it.
Old 26-02-2012, 19:56   #687
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I've no doubt that F1 will end up in 3D at some point. If, however, it's anything like football in 3D, I won't be too bothered about seeing it.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 20:28   #688
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
If Sky put the money up which I suspect they will, it will happen ,but I think it will be a few years down the line.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 20:44   #689
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I've no doubt that F1 will end up in 3D at some point. If, however, it's anything like football in 3D, I won't be too bothered about seeing it.
Somehow I don't see Tele Monte Carlo putting money into 3D, FOM and Fuji yes..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 23:08   #690
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeisaszekedoes View Post
I'm sure it'll be on VM HD just in time, and I'm sure it'll have a nice big subscription fee attached to it!
never mind that channel.. i want to know when is B.E.T (black entertainment television) comming on virgin media? i had it years ago on united artists cable tv.. i know its on sky now..