Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 16:13   #646
i love virgin
Inactive

Services: Virgin
i love virgin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

Great News well done Virgin.

Im never leaving Virgin now
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2010, 16:16   #647
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
true but alot of their audiences have seen all the eps many times and are bored of them. Also the series 1-10 boxset is only around £35 now and have been very popular so the number of friends viewers will drop even further.
Aren't they also on TV Choice?

I still like Friends, it was and is a good series.

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love virgin View Post
Great News well done Virgin.

Im never leaving Virgin now

They are certainly making good progress with HD now.... Sky's USP is slowly being eroded away.. more HD on the way too!

Old 10-02-2010, 16:33   #648
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media's analogue television - update.

I have been told that Analogue TV on Virgin Media has been given more life and will now cease by the end of Summer 2010.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 10-02-2010, 16:36   #649
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Virgin Media's analogue television - update.

I have been told that Analogue TV on Virgin Media has been given more life and will now cease by the end of Summer 2010.
Bloody hell they should of turned this off already, to free up space. Why the delay?
Old 10-02-2010, 16:46   #650
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

I am guessing that is because upgrade work has fallen behind?

There goes all the speculation that all these HD channels were turning up because analogue was being turned off.
Old 10-02-2010, 16:51   #651
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
I am guessing that is because upgrade work has fallen behind?

There goes all the speculation that all these HD channels were turning up because analogue was being turned off.
I the ''Up to 30 HD Channel'' thing will not happen.

But I do know that Eurosport HD (April), Discovery HD (Spring) and an other HD Channel will launch soon.
Old 10-02-2010, 16:53   #652
i love virgin
Inactive

Services: Virgin
i love virgin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

But I do know that Eurosport HD (April), Discovery HD (Spring) and an other HD Channel will launch soon.
I have heard from just chatting to someone at Virgin that Discovery HD is coming in May and that there is a new Non V+ HD Box coming out.
Old 10-02-2010, 16:56   #653
peterjcat
Inactive

peterjcat will become famous soon enoughpeterjcat will become famous soon enoughpeterjcat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
In other words, you only pay the extra if you take Sky HD premium channels on top of the XL pack... Sky1 HD and Sky Arts HD etc could be another matter though.. we'll have to wait and see what happens... looking good HD wise though
That would be the way to do it, I think -- a few quid extra for each of Sky HD Sports and Movies, but leave Sky1 HD and Sky Arts HD in the XL pack for free. People are already paying extra for the Sky packages so it won't be so hard to pay the extra extra. And VM still gets to add HD versions of existing XL channels without a price increase. Here's hoping.

(Actually, while we're hoping we may as well hope for free HD. I seriously think that the idea of HD being a premium/luxury is going to seem more and more outrageous as more people get big TVs and get sick of paying extra just for content that's not unwatchably low-res.)
Old 10-02-2010, 17:08   #654
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:

What do you mean will not happen?.
Old 10-02-2010, 17:12   #655
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
What do you mean will not happen?.
I was talking about this:

Quote:
=== Before July ===
Virgin Media says they hope to have 20-30 HD channels
We are runing about 5-6weeks ahead of last years thread it took us until 26-03-2009 to start page 44 out of 293.
Old 10-02-2010, 17:15   #656
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
I was talking about this:
Phew thought for a minute after discovery and the unnamed channel that would be it.bring on discovery hd and treasure quest.
Old 10-02-2010, 17:44   #657
lawe
cf.member

Services: 200mb Gamer, 3 Sim, Sky+/Netflix
lawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the rough

Yippeeeee!

You may of guessed that I'm very happy at the news of Discovery HD plus VOD coming our way.
Old 10-02-2010, 18:36   #658
Sharpy55
Inactive

Services: L Virgin Phone, M Broadband 30m, XL TV Tivo, V+, Virgin Mobile
Sharpy55 is an unknown quantity at this point

When are the new cards avalible to customers in Northants area?

Many thanks in advance
Old 10-02-2010, 19:18   #659
Cablefan
Inactive

Cablefan is on a distinguished roadCablefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjcat View Post
That would be the way to do it, I think -- a few quid extra for each of Sky HD Sports and Movies, but leave Sky1 HD and Sky Arts HD in the XL pack for free.
Sky may stipulate that Virgin must charge their customers extra for Sky basics in HD (if they ever do a deal). I can't see Sky doing a deal with Virgin if it means Virgin customers get Sky1 HD included in XL while Sky customers are paying £10 extra for basics in HD.
Old 10-02-2010, 19:49   #660
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
Question is how long can virgin give the hd channels for free as part of the xl package? Surely they have to start charging for them sooner or later to cover costs?
Good news on Discovery HD. I think Virgin are trying to encourage people to upgrade to XL. They'll be hoping many people will upgrade and this is how they'll gain extra revenue. This is why I think it unlikely you'll see any HD channels (other than the Freeview ones) on the M to L packages.
Closed Thread