Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2011/12

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2011/12
Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2011, 20:08   #646
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Football Season 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Wenger will now go shopping seeing as the mugs have pretty much done all their business and wont interfere
But you are forgetting that just before the transfer window selling clubs generally play a game of brinkmanship to get the highest price they can get for players.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Me either. All the more reason the sale was good! Especially if we get Eden Hazard.

Yes. He reinvented our club and even his recent record is good given the resources he had at his disposal. I agree with this sensible spending policy, only spend what you can make and never, ever, risk the club.

I think we all agree he needs some new players. I want a left back, M'Vila, Hazard and a forward.
The trouble is these clubs want hugely inflated fees just before the transfer window closes.
Advertisement
Old 26-08-2011, 20:11   #647
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The trouble is these clubs want hugely inflated fees just before the transfer window closes.
England more so, screw the English clubs. M'Vila (defensive mid) players for Rennes, we tabled a £22 million bid for him. Now that's not cheap but a player of that quality it's acceptable. He would be £30 million or more if you add the English premium. Hazard might be a bit too expensive, unlikely to get him for less than £30 million, young, exciting, plays in a expensive position.
Old 26-08-2011, 20:12   #648
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Cahill will probably go through in the end plus theres a few players at Everton that. Both clubs need money.

Wenger should be able to get a few deals done but it'll all be last minute.
Old 26-08-2011, 20:14   #649
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

You know I am not that impressed with Cahill. I don't rate him as anything that special. He would be ok but I want more ambitious signings like the ones I already mentioned.
Old 26-08-2011, 20:15   #650
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
England more so, screw the English clubs. M'Vila (defensive mid) players for Rennes, we tabled a £22 million bid for him. Now that's not cheap but a player of that quality it's acceptable. He would be £30 million or more if you add the English premium. Hazard might be a bit too expensive, unlikely to get him for less than £30 million, young, exciting, plays in a expensive position.
My own view is since we have had this transfer window at the end of August transfer fees have surged through the roof and l would like to go back to the old system of there being one transfer window at the end of March.
Old 26-08-2011, 20:16   #651
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Our scout seems to think otherwise Damien
Old 26-08-2011, 20:21   #652
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
My own view is since we have had this transfer window at the end of August transfer fees have surged through the roof and l would like to go back to the old system of there being one transfer window at the end of March.
I would scrap transfer windows. That is what is inflating fees.

If financial fair play (which I'm against) is here, then why not scrap transfer windows.
Old 26-08-2011, 20:36   #653
thenry
Inactive

Wengers confirmed hes after a striker So a LB if Traore leaves on loan, a CB, midfielder and a striker
Old 26-08-2011, 20:37   #654
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

I for one would really miss Arsene, nobody does 'bulldog chewing wasp' like he does.

I think the transfer window should be scrapped altogether or at least be closed before the start of the season.
Old 26-08-2011, 21:03   #655
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Wengers confirmed hes after a striker So a LB if Traore leaves on loan, a CB, midfielder and a striker
Yeah that's a bit too much. We'll see. I really hope the M'Vila rumours are true.
Old 27-08-2011, 11:58   #656
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

WHATS WRONG WITH SCOTTISH FOOTBALL.

We have had in the past couple of months, that Scottish football is in crisis and now we have the big guns Celtic and Rangers out of the cup, and Heart get thrashed by Tottenham.

What Scottish Football needs is big input of cash, and where will they get it, Advertising, Television, l don't think.

We have had Rangers and Celtic considering joining the English Premier League, but then this would be unfair to all the other clubs that are suffering financially.

What needs to happen is that the Football Association and Scottish FA have to bang there heads together to sort this problem out and fast.

Tv coverage of Scottish Football is now non existence, which is a shame, but something has to bwe done.
Old 27-08-2011, 12:07   #657
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

We have had in the past couple of months, that Scottish football is in crisis and now we have the big guns Celtic and Rangers out of the cup, and Heart get thrashed by Tottenham.

What Scottish Football needs is big input of cash, and where will they get it, Advertising, Television, l don't think.

We have had Rangers and Celtic considering joining the English Premier League, but then this would be unfair to all the other clubs that are suffering financially.

What needs to happen is that the Football Association and Scottish FA have to bang there heads together to sort this problem out and fast.

Tv coverage of Scottish Football is now non existence, which is a shame, but something has to bwe done.
Why? I'm Scottish and i'm not worried.

These things happen, money dictates. And as the league has been set up to favour the old firm (10-12 team leagues), it is merely fortune following form.

Scottish football is due nothing.

I feel the same for any team bought by an owner, you pays the money you take the chances.
Old 27-08-2011, 12:11   #658
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

There is plenty of TV coverage of Scottish footbal on SKY and ESPN.
Old 27-08-2011, 12:15   #659
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
There is plenty of TV coverage of Scottish footbal on SKY and ESPN.
And some good games. I watched Kilmarnock vs Hibs, and enjoyed the game (and not because I'm a hearts supporter, surprisingly )

But most are dire...I've even considered getting up and doing something else (not what I pay my subscription for, if I needed a reason to get up, I'd get a wife)
Old 27-08-2011, 12:23   #660
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Part of the problem is that Sky and ESPN were allowed to stitch up the SPL coverage between them for far less than they were getting from Setanta.

It wouldn't have been allowed to happen if it was the English Premier league.

There are far too many mediocre players earning a good living in the SPL. The pressures on manager don't really allow that much opportunity to blood young talent.
Closed Thread