Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 19-05-2012, 17:20   #646
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Cheers thanks for the answers. My v+ is a second box thats why I'm paying £5 don't know why I brought that up actually!

Ah so appears I'd just get another v+. How much is the TiVo monthly cost? Would I pay for it being a second box and then more on top for it being TiVo?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2012, 17:26   #647
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Where's the bloody tennis on red button???? It's listed as being on when u press red and it's not? Just me?
The Tennis finished earlier Mobes.
Old 19-05-2012, 17:28   #648
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

well when i came in nadal was a set and 3-0 up so the game hadn't finished, den did they cut it off????
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 17:30   #649
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
well when i came in nadal was a set and 3-0 up so the game hadn't finished, den did they cut it off????
No not here with me but l can assure you the match is finished now though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tenn...ts/default.stm
Old 19-05-2012, 17:33   #650
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

I know it has now, mate but it was still going when i tried to watch the last 2o minutes and i pressed red and it wasn't on... oh well
Old 19-05-2012, 17:36   #651
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I know it has now, mate but it was still going when i tried to watch the last 2o minutes and i pressed red and it wasn't on... oh well
Strange how it finished early on your box but maybe some others have had the same problem.
Old 19-05-2012, 17:36   #652
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Strange how it finished early on your box but maybe some others have had the same problem.

I guess i may have needed a re start but if anyone else can help I'd love to know
Old 19-05-2012, 17:38   #653
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I guess i may have needed a re start but if anyone else can help I'd love to know
Perhaps SP can tell us whether there was a issue as he is usually in the know.
Old 19-05-2012, 18:23   #654
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Cheers thanks for the answers. My v+ is a second box thats why I'm paying £5 don't know why I brought that up actually!

Ah so appears I'd just get another v+. How much is the TiVo monthly cost? Would I pay for it being a second box and then more on top for it being TiVo?
The multi room fee you should be paying for a second box is £6.50, not £5, so not sure why you're paying £5. The Tivo charge is £5 per month.

Some people, when they have got tivo, have been able to keep their V+ box with no multi room charge. But that may just be for people who only had one box and swaped it for Tivo and were allowed to keep the box the tivo was replacing. The rules with VM get very confusing!
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 18:28   #655
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
The multi room fee you should be paying for a second box is £6.50, not £5, so not sure why you're paying £5. The Tivo charge is £5 per month.

Some people, when they have got tivo, have been able to keep their V+ box with no multi room charge. But that may just be for people who only had one box and swaped it for Tivo and were allowed to keep the box the tivo was replacing. The rules with VM get very confusing!
Ah it's been a year since I checked the bills so thought it was a fiver still. Mum pays the bills here! Ah smashing so if im paying 6.50 a month for v+ I can get a TiVo for 1.50 a month less? Should I call up on Monday or just speak the engineer on Tuesday? Is the box itself free?

Last questions I promise! Haha thanks for answers
Old 19-05-2012, 18:40   #656
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Ah it's been a year since I checked the bills so thought it was a fiver still. Mum pays the bills here! Ah smashing so if im paying 6.50 a month for v+ I can get a TiVo for 1.50 a month less? Should I call up on Monday or just speak the engineer on Tuesday? Is the box itself free?

Last questions I promise! Haha thanks for answers

No, the multiroom charge is £6.50 PLUS £5 for Tivo, making the correct total £11.50

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

Your best plan is to phone retentions and see what deal they can offer you.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 18:44   #657
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Perhaps SP can tell us whether there was a issue as he is usually in the know.
Not this time. I can't see anything relevant listed.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 20:44   #658
TbGbe
Inactive

Services: Phone M, 10Mb, TV XL (V+)
TbGbe is on a distinguished roadTbGbe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No3 is incorrect as we have the red button for football first, Champions league match choice, Tennis, some golf events and several other sports on the RB
Are they all on Sky Sports (Red Button/TiVo)? Didn't know that

Quote:
plus we have The Heineken cup coming at the start of the next season plus several other things in the pipeline.
I did say extras "coming soon"
TbGbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 20:46   #659
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TbGbe View Post
Are they all on Sky Sports (Red Button/TiVo)? Didn't know that

I did say extras "coming soon"
Yes they are on the Tivo Red Button.
Old 21-05-2012, 11:39   #660
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

If i call up VM and say "i want to swap my v+ box and get a tivo for 5 quid extra month" will they just simply do that or charge me for the box?

i'm debating this since it sounds marvellous. Got the engineer coming tomorrow morning so wonder if its worth calling or just asking the engineer directly.