Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 18-12-2011, 17:37   #6571
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
If Dick Dastardly ever played it straight he would win ever race with his rocket car
Most definitely and don't forget his sidekick Muttley.
Old 18-12-2011, 19:16   #6572
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I have heard from a good source that it won't be at the north pole for much longer. It is due for launch sooner than you think
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../919409#M37345

We will soon know if that turns out to be true.
Old 18-12-2011, 19:19   #6573
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../919409#M37345

We will soon know if that turns out to be true.
Just be patient and it will arrive before you know it.
Old 18-12-2011, 19:50   #6574
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Looking at this thread now we all seem to be regressing back to our childhoods, Something that I'am against.
Old 18-12-2011, 21:50   #6575
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Looking at this thread now we all seem to be regressing back to our childhoods, Something that I'am against.
Off topic or what? Still it's that time of year! Good luck to all!
Old 18-12-2011, 21:55   #6576
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I've got a bit of a long query and was wondering if anyone had a workaround for it, here goes...

I was checking the EPG earlier to see what was on TV over Christmas. Saw something I wanted to record on saturday so hit the button and a warning came up. I can't remember the exact wording as it was a full SD page with a paragraph of text but it was along the lines of 'this will not record as you do not have enough disk space' it also mentioned that this could be due to series links being set to 'until I delete' and to change this setting to free up space. The outcome was that the show did not get marked as to be recorded. My TiVo is currently about 60% full (1TB version)

I recently changed all 50 odd series links/wishlists to keep 'until I delete' from 'until space needed' as I was getting annoyed that shows were being auto deleted before I could watch them even though my TiVo has never been more than 75% full.

My only guess why this warning comes up and the show will not record is that TiVo assumes that you will not delete anything in my shows between now and when the show is to be recorded and by the time that day comes along it will be full with all the planned recordings before then. I hope that makes sense.

My first port of call was to go into planned recordings and start deleting shows that I wasn't too fussed about. Tried recording the show again and it worked but with yet another error message pointing out that another show on the following day will not record due to disk space.

Sorry for the long story but has anyone seen this before and know a way around it? I've got a feeling its one of those TiVo quirks but thought I'd ask anyway.

Cheers
Old 18-12-2011, 22:05   #6577
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Well the message is pretty self explanatory, although i am sure when I got the message there is a option that says record anyway.
Old 18-12-2011, 22:08   #6578
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Pretty sure I didn't get that message otherwise I wouldn't have seen it as a problem.
Old 18-12-2011, 22:34   #6579
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
although i am sure when I got the message there is a option that says record anyway.
It can't record anyway if all existing or earlier recordings are marked "keep until I delete". That takes precedence over new recordings.

The solution is to only use KUID on things you really don't want deleting. Otherwise, let TiVo manage the space.
Old 18-12-2011, 23:37   #6580
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

But doesn't it say may not record but you can still set it?
Old 19-12-2011, 01:20   #6581
batchain
cf.addict

batchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to behold

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...s-6279150.html

Quote:
Virgin Media is promising TV subscribers that they will be able to use new apps from BBC Sport and News to watch interactive programming for the first time next year.

Under the terms of the deal with the BBC, subscribers of Virgin's TiVo interactive TV service will use "red-button" technology on the remote control. It will mean viewers can watch a live event with multiple video streams, as well as accessing other interactive and catch-up content from BBC Online.

The forthcoming BBC Sport app, which has yet to launch, is set to carry extra live programming from the Olympics, Euro 2012, Wimbledon and Formula One.

Unlike Sky, Virgin is an "open" platform, which means the BBC apps will be integrated into the main TiVo menu.
Old 19-12-2011, 06:35   #6582
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Sounds very good'
Old 19-12-2011, 07:49   #6583
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I've got a bit of a long query and was wondering if anyone had a workaround for it, here goes...

I was checking the EPG earlier to see what was on TV over Christmas. Saw something I wanted to record on saturday so hit the button and a warning came up. I can't remember the exact wording as it was a full SD page with a paragraph of text but it was along the lines of 'this will not record as you do not have enough disk space' it also mentioned that this could be due to series links being set to 'until I delete' and to change this setting to free up space. The outcome was that the show did not get marked as to be recorded. My TiVo is currently about 60% full (1TB version)

I recently changed all 50 odd series links/wishlists to keep 'until I delete' from 'until space needed' as I was getting annoyed that shows were being auto deleted before I could watch them even though my TiVo has never been more than 75% full.

My only guess why this warning comes up and the show will not record is that TiVo assumes that you will not delete anything in my shows between now and when the show is to be recorded and by the time that day comes along it will be full with all the planned recordings before then. I hope that makes sense.

My first port of call was to go into planned recordings and start deleting shows that I wasn't too fussed about. Tried recording the show again and it worked but with yet another error message pointing out that another show on the following day will not record due to disk space.

Sorry for the long story but has anyone seen this before and know a way around it? I've got a feeling its one of those TiVo quirks but thought I'd ask anyway.

Cheers
There's nothing there to worry about as long as you are actually watching the stuff in my shows and deleting as you go. You're right that the message means "if you delete nothing then by the time this program comes along the disk will be full" I keep everything I record until I delete and I get that message a lot but haven't yet had a problem, but then most of what I watch is from my shows so I'm regularly deleting stuff as well.

I like to keep some series and watch them in big chunks, like box sets, and I've got other things, like the complete Porridge, which is a go to folder when there's not much else on, which is why I want to be in charge of deleting, rather than leaving it to Tivo.
Old 19-12-2011, 09:12   #6584
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
But doesn't it say may not record but you can still set it?
I think there are two different cases. One where it lets you record and one where it doesn't.
Old 19-12-2011, 09:57   #6585
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchain View Post
Also on The Guardian too http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...ia-sports-deal