Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2013, 16:28   #631
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
I think that if Sky withhold certain sports channels or they are not on VM for the start of the EPL season in August then I will move to Sky...
Where we live dishes are not allowed but even if they were there's no chance of us ever wanting to join the devil itself.
Old 19-04-2013, 16:32   #632
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Where we live dishes are not allowed but even if they were there's no chance of us ever wanting to join the devil itself.
I live in a block of flats where you can't put up a dish but next month the council are fitting a communal satelitte dish and connections in each flat; I am contemplating moving after over 20 years of cable if there are delays with football on Sky or no BT Sports on VM
Old 19-04-2013, 16:40   #633
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
I live in a block of flats where you can't put up a dish but next month the council are fitting a communal satelitte dish and connections in each flat; I am contemplating moving after over 20 years of cable if there are delays with football on Sky or no BT Sports on VM
I think there are issues with shared dish...recording two channels etc

A friend seemed to have issues, so I can't say myself
Old 19-04-2013, 16:59   #634
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
And as for recording three channels? No chance

I did try to resist, honest
Old 19-04-2013, 18:58   #635
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

he might want read this articles before deciding.

http://www.lovemoney.com/news/househ...unal-dish-trap

http://www.lovemoney.com/blogs/house...al-dish-issues
Old 19-04-2013, 18:59   #636
eugene
Inactive

Services: Virgin TVXL, TiVO and V+HD Box. Broadband L, Phone XL.
eugene is a glorious beacon of lighteugene is a glorious beacon of lighteugene is a glorious beacon of lighteugene is a glorious beacon of lighteugene is a glorious beacon of lighteugene is a glorious beacon of lighteugene is a glorious beacon of light

I think sky have to provide the premium channels to Virgin in at least SD.
Old 19-04-2013, 19:25   #637
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post
Cheers for the info guys
Old 19-04-2013, 19:30   #638
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene View Post
Sports 1 and 2 yes, 3 and 4 no, HD no, streaming no, On Demand no, mobile app no.
Old 19-04-2013, 19:33   #639
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene View Post
Only if virgin agree to pay a reasonable price....
Put it this way Virgin, I don't care how good your broadband is, offer me anything less than the sports package I'm receiving and I'm off, still might be off if we don't get 3 & 4 sports in HD and 3d in the next carriage agreement.
Old 19-04-2013, 19:38   #640
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Hmmmm like Sky asking for a so called reasonable price for Sky Atlantic.
Old 19-04-2013, 19:50   #641
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Just to prove a point. IF you live in a flat and have a communal aerial ie for VM and Sky, IF you get VM and the TiVo box, you can do exactly the same.

My mother in law lives in flat with the same system and they have VM and TiVo and they do the same.
Old 19-04-2013, 20:01   #642
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Just to prove a point. IF you live in a flat and have a communal aerial ie for VM and Sky, IF you get VM and the TiVo box, you can do exactly the same.

My mother in law lives in flat with the same system and they have VM and TiVo and they do the same.
Communal systems for VM and Sky are different.

If VM is installed in a flat block, its the equivalent of a normal street except it's vertical
Old 19-04-2013, 21:24   #643
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:

The blocks in Brum were recently upgraded, within the last couple of years.

They have decent terrestrial signal again, cable is in the blocks and Sky is too and Sky+ recording two channels no problem.
Old 19-04-2013, 21:38   #644
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

BenMcr, So why is it that on the inside of my m.i.l flat there is a small box on the wall with 4 sockets on the same box Bt/Sky/VM/Normal aerial socket.

On the outside of the flat there are cables going all over, but inside the flat is this box on the wall. And she can have any service she requires.
Old 19-04-2013, 21:41   #645
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

The cables outside the flat that supply the Virgin services will come from the Virgin cabling under the ground.
The BT ones will come from BT network under the ground
The ones that supply the Sky services will come from a communal dish on the roof.
The normal TV aerial will come from an aerial on the roof.

I'd assume they were fairly new flats to have that all installed to one outlet.
Closed Thread