Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

Old 28-05-2004, 12:11   #631
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: [Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigitup_j
what the hell... VG channel?

explain for me please!
Trollish behaviour, stirring it up over a thread he started the other day. He has been banned and that thread has been removed.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-05-2004, 14:19   #632
ntlrocks
Inactive

ntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enough

Thank you PEM....and Dragon..but PEM beat me to it, lol...such good mods on these forums:pp
ntlrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 14:27   #633
bigitup_j
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, TV and 20mb Broadband
bigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bigitup_j Send a message via Yahoo to bigitup_j

i see...
thanks!

*cough*MR2*cough*
bigitup_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 14:32   #634
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmejoe
any thought on the new VG channel
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...&postcount=628
Joes rep is fantastically accurate (on and offline!)
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 21:35   #635
KenK
Inactive

KenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan
Has nobody considered the fact that maybe, just maybe, the 12:10/1:10 thing might have something to do with the old software still? Maybe there was a workaround in place to minimise the effect, and this workaround causes funny things to happen on the new software. Once all the forced downloads have gone out and everyone has the new software, NTL will be able to turn it off, and it will all be okay.

That's what I reckon, anyway.
Unfortunately, it seemed that it was all okay immediately after LCR3 arrived, and it seems like it has only started happening in the last couple of weeks. Maybe they already have turned off the old software in this area, and that's why it is happening it now?
KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 22:48   #636
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

The tech who was out at my house the other day said that he's replacing 10 boxes a day because they can't cope with the new EPG. My 4000 box has just about given up the ghost and I'll be after a new one as its sooooooooooooooooooo slow.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2004, 19:47   #637
IanGuy
Inactive

Services: V+, 2nd STB, Virgin Phone, Virgin 20mb
IanGuy is on a distinguished roadIanGuy is on a distinguished road

My box seems to make the blank outs at around 11, then 11:30 then 12pm.

Don't know why it's different times to you, I have CR3 4001-2A box in Cardiff. SNR level 33.6db at the time.
IanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2004, 21:47   #638
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

I think return power is an important figure.

Mines high at 56 apparantly.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2004, 01:25   #639
Prof-x
Inactive

Prof-x is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for breaking any previous discussions but something has to be done about this new EPG thing. Its so slow and is full of errors.

I mentioned my dislikes earlier in the thread. After a few more days it has :

- Moving/browsing anything im sure is even slower
- Crashed more times that i can remember
- Crashed on loading the diary, i mean come on!
- It takes ages to start up
- The biggest pain has to be not being able to browse more than 5 channels before it flicks off. If i change channels the EPG comes up, ok. Well i use my arrows to browse i click through about five channels and the EPG GOES OFF! I have to wait a while for the STB to settle down before i can browse again without cut offs. I wish we had the function where the browse button is indeed the browse button and we press it and the EPG stays on until we press it again. And theres also the

- Lack of page up and page down, argh
- NO first channel button
- Double skip! on browsing the programs on the EPG

The only good things being, nicer colours and nice channel guide (although its annoyingly slow!), a confirm/cancel on the reminders and the program channel re-ordering.

I really do hope they sort these issues out im quite shocked at how long this software has been in the making just to release it in a state like this. Sorry to the developers but its just not up to sratch for modern day interface and functionality.
Prof-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2004, 08:53   #640
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

if you press the TV button the miniguide should show untill you press the TV button again
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:58   #641
fishyweb
Inactive

fishyweb is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if this has already been asked (43 pages of posts, not enough time, and all that)...

How do you retrieve details of the prgram you are watching with the new software, equivalent to what you used to get by pressing Select on the old software? Also, how do you retrieve these same details from the Mini Guide?

It used to be so obvious. Thanks in advance.
fishyweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 12:00   #642
bob_builder
Inactive

Services: ntl digital basepack ntl 1M broadband
bob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyweb
Sorry if this has already been asked (43 pages of posts, not enough time, and all that)...

How do you retrieve details of the prgram you are watching with the new software, equivalent to what you used to get by pressing Select on the old software? Also, how do you retrieve these same details from the Mini Guide?

It used to be so obvious. Thanks in advance.
By pressing browse in both cases.
bob_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 14:15   #643
JonSav1
Inactive

JonSav1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JonSav1

or 'i' if you have a new remote .
JonSav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 13:14   #644
IanGuy
Inactive

Services: V+, 2nd STB, Virgin Phone, Virgin 20mb
IanGuy is on a distinguished roadIanGuy is on a distinguished road

Last night at 1.10am the channel changed to a music channel while still remaining on 300, the box didn't allow me to change channel or perform any operations until 1.12am.

Bugs to be fixed in a later version:
1. EPG losing programs and information needing reboot to gain all channel information again.
2. Exiting interactive gives large delays if pressing numbers on the remote or any other function - waits for the epg to come up.
3. If scrolling up and down programs using the channel + - buttons sometimes will skip 2 instead of 1.
4. The 1.10am change to a random channel causing the box to be unusable for 1-2 minutes, later reverts back to the channel set.
5. The 'fix' for the memory problems sometimes locks up instead of a cold reboot, causing the box to be rebooted by hand using the power cable.
6. Return path seems too high in most areas, presumably this is a software problem as when first booting when connection status is 3, on my box the return power is 34, later when it changes to 5 - Connected the return power goes much higher (54).
7. Less important but when watching certain channels the EPG seems to become slower - for example when watching BBC 1 the EPG is fast and responsive, when watching say a music channel in the 800s the EPG becomes very slow and unresponsive.

I hope you at NTL can pass this on and maybe work on a fix for these problems, we know this will take time, but I think once these problems are fixed customers will be alot happier - THEN you can start to roll out channels with red button as I think this is less important than operational software.
IanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 22:35   #645
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Can someone else check something for me? Press Guide and select "Sports channels". Does anyone else see BBC 1Xtra in there instead of in the music and radio channels?
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote