Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 24-01-2012, 15:47   #616
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
I doubt it was ever financially better off for Sky to have it as an exclusive considering a big chunk of money would come from VM for the channel as VM is by far Skys biggest customer.

Their motives are probably non financial or quite simply VM don't want thr channel.
I think at a time when subs are proving hard to come by even for the likes of BSKYB , Sky Atlantic provides that something different and is used to try and keep hold of customers , when it launched I wasn't that keen and only watched a couple of shows however 2012 seems a cracking year with a few already on my never miss list. I personally can't see Atlantic ending up on any other platform for the foreseeable future but that's just my opinion.
Advertisement
Old 24-01-2012, 15:50   #617
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I think at a time when subs are proving hard to come by even for the likes of BSKYB , Sky Atlantic provides that something different and is used to try and keep hold of customers , when it launched I wasn't that keen and only watched a couple of shows however 2012 seems a cracking year with a few already on my never miss list. I personally can't see Atlantic ending up on any other platform for the foreseeable future but that's just my opinion.
Well lets hope for once that you are wrong.
Old 24-01-2012, 15:57   #618
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

To be honest, it will be some time before we will be getting any more Sky channels!

I hope I am wrong!
Old 24-01-2012, 16:14   #619
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. If it was exclusive when it had a couple of good shows on then it will probably stay that way now that they are adding so many good shows to thr line up this year.
Old 24-01-2012, 16:38   #620
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
My thoughts exactly. If it was exclusive when it had a couple of good shows on then it will probably stay that way now that they are adding so many good shows to thr line up this year.
Remember that HBO pruduce some of the worlds best TV programmes!
Old 24-01-2012, 16:52   #621
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Remember that HBO pruduce some of the worlds best TV programmes!
l am sure Lex already knows that.
Old 24-01-2012, 17:00   #622
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
I bet we don't end up with the HD version - like SSF1, SSN, SS3, SS4 and Sky News.

If Atlantic does come to VM, what chance would there be for Atlantic content to show up in VM's version of Sky Anytime?
I imagine it will appear on Sky Anytime, just like the other Sky linear channels on VM.

Quote:
One thing to note is that, as shows are repeated continually, we will probably find that we haven't actually missed much, if anything, by the exclusivity period on the Sky platform.

When Sky One returned it was like a new channel all over again, but soon became monotonous.
Old 24-01-2012, 17:07   #623
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I fear you're right. Sky will only let Virgin have this channel - and then only in SD - if and when Sky calculate that the money Virgin will pay for Sky Atlantic outweighs the value they get from it being exclusive to Sky. But we can live in hope.
Was told off a friend of mine who used to work for sky that it is very unlightly we will see any hd versions of there channels for the forseable future only the sd versions,There are going to keep the hd versions exclusive(recently proven with f1)
Old 24-01-2012, 17:08   #624
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
One thing to note is that, as shows are repeated continually, we will probably find that we haven't actually missed much, if anything, by the exclusivity period on the Sky platform.

When Sky One returned it was like a new channel all over again, but soon became monotonous.
It needs to arrive first
Old 24-01-2012, 17:36   #625
Jameseh

We will have missed Season 1 of every days after the states show. Plus unlike channels like 5USA, they seem to stick the episodes in order on reruns so it could be a while until they show (for example) ER Season 1/2/3/4... again.

Old 24-01-2012, 18:16   #626
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I bet we don't end up with the HD version - like SSF1, SSN, SS3, SS4 and Sky News.

If Atlantic does come to VM, what chance would there be for Atlantic content to show up in VM's version of Sky Anytime?
I'd agree with the first post. If Atlantic does appear then it will be SD only.

Regarding your second post, prior to Atlantic launching OD content from HBO was part of the OD service so it's difficult to know.

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Just as a pure hypothetical but I think it's relevent for this topic. I wonder what the difference is between "talks" and "advanced talks" in terms of new channel discussions between VM and channel providers.
Old 24-01-2012, 18:24   #627
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Just as a pure hypothetical but I think it's relevent for this topic. I wonder what the difference is between "talks" and "advanced talks" in terms of new channel discussions between VM and channel providers.
Instead of just saying hello, They are saying hello and how are you
Old 24-01-2012, 18:41   #628
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post

Talks: In a pub with a pint.

Advanced Talks: In a pub with a pint and a packet of crisps.

In both cases, VM pay for all drinks.
Old 24-01-2012, 18:43   #629
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Talks: In a pub with a pint.

Advanced Talks: In a pub with a pint and a packet of crisps.

In both cases, VM pay for all drinks.
Better analogy
Old 24-01-2012, 18:44   #630
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Maybe someone in the know will tell us.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread