Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 19:05   #6256
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of
Question Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post

Spot the fun
"GOGGLE"
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2011, 19:22   #6257
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
"GOGGLE"
There was that one as well
Old 03-12-2011, 11:39   #6258
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Hehehe. Trust me, those typos were intentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Maybe the Youtube app on TiVo is still to be fully updated by goggle
Quote:
Let's hope so!

Apart from initially using it after it first appeared I have given up on it. I post a lot of my family and other videos to YouTube and now cannot access them on Tivo.

Luckily I have Apple TV and it is prefect on there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeisaszekedoes View Post
Yes, I do wish Goggle would prefect the YouTube app, too.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:54   #6259
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeisaszekedoes View Post
Hehehe. Trust me, those typos were intentional.

Oops! Touché !
Old 03-12-2011, 12:56   #6260
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oops! Touché !
I don't mind, I love a good roast. If you can't take a few good natured jibes then your ego is too fragile, I reckon.

...now what were we talking about again?
Old 03-12-2011, 13:05   #6261
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Yes, I am sure there was a topic around here somewhere....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 03-12-2011, 13:12   #6262
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

I have set up a wish list called Consumer Electronicss hoping to get some hoping to catch some tech shows but want I want to do is exclude the gadget show as I already have a series link for that. I seem to recall that you could add a - and the the term you wanted to exclude but I can't seem to find a way to add this via the remote or the peanut app.
Old 03-12-2011, 13:47   #6263
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
I have set up a wish list called Consumer Electronicss hoping to get some hoping to catch some tech shows but want I want to do is exclude the gadget show as I already have a series link for that. I seem to recall that you could add a - and the the term you wanted to exclude but I can't seem to find a way to add this via the remote or the peanut app.
Edit the wishlist, select the keyword you want, then press thumb up repeatedly until the "-" sign appears
Old 03-12-2011, 14:45   #6264
dwarfofpoison
cf.addict

dwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of light

A good place to pick up TiVo tips is sometimes the obvious place tivo.com
Check out this link for creating wishlists

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...9/kw/wishlists

It's for the American TiVo but in the main a lot of things will still aply to the Virgin machine.
Old 03-12-2011, 14:57   #6265
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfofpoison View Post
A good place to pick up TiVo tips is sometimes the obvious place tivo.com
Check out this link for creating wishlists

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...9/kw/wishlists

It's for the American TiVo but in the main a lot of things will still aply to the Virgin machine.
I would like to be able to create a wishlist for a particular series.

For example "CSI series 7"

A future update perhaps ?
Old 03-12-2011, 15:07   #6266
dwarfofpoison
cf.addict

dwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of light

I was also hoping that there was a TiVo genius out there that could create such a brilliant wishlist, sadly I haven't read a post yet that solved the problem.
Old 03-12-2011, 15:43   #6267
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfofpoison View Post
I was also hoping that there was a TiVo genius out there that could create such a brilliant wishlist, sadly I haven't read a post yet that solved the problem.
You could try here for tips?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...c&daysprune=-1

Or here?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php?
Old 03-12-2011, 15:46   #6268
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Might sound a bit obvious but have you pressed info on the create wishlist search screen? The 'Press INFO to learn more' prompt is at the bottom of that page. It gives a brief guide on how to exclude words in wishlists.

As an example I have 'Charlie Sheen -Two' records all charlie sheen shows except the ones with two in the title. Stopping hundreds of two and a half men clogging up my TiVo.
Another one is 'Will Smith -Fresh' records all Will Smith shows except Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, again hundreds of recordings avoided.

Hope that helps
Old 03-12-2011, 15:50   #6269
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Has the 15.2 update brought a way to create HD wish lists yet? I don't really use them mainly for that reason.
Old 03-12-2011, 15:53   #6270
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Has the 15.2 update brought a way to create HD wish lists yet? I don't really use them mainly for that reason.
HD option has always been there. Select HD under category
Closed Thread