Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ITV1 HD out of sync

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ITV1 HD out of sync

Old 06-01-2012, 22:46   #46
loopyfilms
Inactive

loopyfilms is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ITV1 HD out of sync

Watching "it'll be alright on the night now" and I've had to switch to SD cos ITVHD is so badly out of sync.
Again.
Why don't they sort this out?
loopyfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2012, 14:32   #47
powders
Inactive

powders is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mick,

I have the exact same issue with it getting worse via Amp. I too have TiVo box and changed it back to V+ box this morning and the problem still exists! I really dont know what to suggest. It seems to impact mainly HD channels although I did have an issue with ITV4 last night. It is disgusting that Virgin cannot be more specific about timelines & expectations for dealing with this issue.

If you go on the Virgin Media forum you will find this issue has been going on since early last year!!
powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 20:03   #48
aldo
Inactive

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point

Are people still experiencing this? I find ITV HD unwatchable on my tivo due to being out of sync. Sucks!
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 20:07   #49
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo View Post
Are people still experiencing this? I find ITV HD unwatchable on my tivo due to being out of sync. Sucks!
No mine is perfectly fine.
Old 25-01-2012, 22:36   #50
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Tried watching last night from about 9.00pm.
Just gave up in the end.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 10:47   #51
Griz
Inactive

Griz will become famous soon enoughGriz will become famous soon enoughGriz will become famous soon enough

Denphone,

That's what I don't understand about this ITV HD (other other HD channels) lip synch fault. Some areas appear to be unnaffected and on others like mine, the problem is so bad it means that ITV HD is totally unwatchable (and it really is).
Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 11:06   #52
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

ITV1 HD is regionalised. Also, not every programme is affected, so it depends what you choose to watch.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 11:58   #53
Griz
Inactive

Griz will become famous soon enoughGriz will become famous soon enoughGriz will become famous soon enough

Maybe they should publish which regions are not fit to view in general and then tell us what the worst programs are?
Old 26-01-2012, 12:14   #54
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Is this still an active fault with VM, I record programmes on ITV1 SD now as HD is a waste of time?
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 12:32   #55
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

It is still an intermittent issue. But I suggest you check it again as I think your region is one that ITV1HD has recently changed to Dolby audio. Whether this makes any difference, I don't know, but it's worth a try.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 13:11   #56
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Will keep checking then
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 15:25   #57
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
ITV1 HD is regionalised. Also, not every programme is affected, so it depends what you choose to watch.
Im not shooting the messenger. I dont bother watching ITV HD for the simple rerason that you never know whether what you record is going to be watchable. Seems to me that It should be fixed totally or taken off air until it can be fixed
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 16:07   #58
klabnix
Inactive

klabnix is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the problem with out ITV - UTV HD.

I also get it more with live programs and recordings from the v+ box.
klabnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 16:09   #59
Griz
Inactive

+1 Wicked and Crazy!
Old 26-01-2012, 18:06   #60
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
Im not shooting the messenger. I dont bother watching ITV HD for the simple rerason that you never know whether what you record is going to be watchable. Seems to me that It should be fixed totally or taken off air until it can be fixed
It's happening on all platforms, ITV are aware of the issue and are working to fix it.

Would suggest a complaint to ITV.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote