Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014
Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2014, 00:11   #556
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Maybe it's because this is the January sale brochure and VIP isn't part of the Januay sale?

Though it's part of the sale here:

http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles...llections.html
Seems strange that they would push every collection apart from VIP. The booklet is very thorough in regards to internet, telephone and TV options available through Virgin. Interestingly they promote SKY Movies in the booklet, but there is no mention at all that you can add SKY Movies in HD. The only SKY Premium HD channels that get a mention are SKY Sports 1 HD and SKY Sports 2 HD.

---------- Post added 23-01-2014 at 00:11 ---------- Previous post was 22-01-2014 at 23:52 ----------

Noticed this on the Virgin Media website:

http://store.virginmedia.com/index.html?buspart=AFF_32

On that page they are not advertising SKY Sports HD and SKY Movies HD as being included in the VIP package.
Advertisement
Old 23-01-2014, 00:13   #557
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Seems strange that they would push every collection apart from VIP. The booklet is very thorough in regards to internet, telephone and TV options available through Virgin. Interestingly they promote SKY Movies in the booklet, but there is no mention at all that you can add SKY Movies in HD. The only SKY Premium HD channels that get a mention are SKY Sports 1 HD and SKY Sports 2 HD.

---------- Post added 23-01-2014 at 00:11 ---------- Previous post was 22-01-2014 at 23:52 ----------

Noticed this on the Virgin Media website:

http://store.virginmedia.com/index.html?buspart=AFF_32

On that page they are not advertising SKY Sports HD and SKY Movies HD as being included in the VIP package.
if you click the red vip collection on on there chad mate
Old 23-01-2014, 00:26   #558
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
if you click the red vip collection on on there chad mate
Yeah. It just seems strange that VIP gets no mention in their latest booklet and they don't mention SKY Sports or SKY Movies in HD on the first page of the website when you visit.

People on here have suggests over the past few months that some of the packages are going to get a bit of a shake-up. I was just wondering if VIP is on the brink of a change.
Old 23-01-2014, 08:10   #559
snowey
Inactive

Services: Virgin media, tv, telephone, cable bb,30mb,mobile, tivo.
snowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Hoping we get the last few Sports channels in HD this year. Would be awesome.
Hope so too
Old 23-01-2014, 11:06   #560
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

Most of the difference between the costs of Premier and VIP is paid to Sky for its premium channels and we know Virgin make a loss on them so they're better off not selling VIP.
Old 23-01-2014, 11:40   #561
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Noticed that Virgin Media are displaying that simple and flat logo in all their advertising now.
Will this replace the current glossy logo, or just for advertising?
I think it will replace the Union Jack logo everywhere in time. http://www.thedrum.com/news/2014/01/...ng-wolff-olins
The previous one was a revision to a concept that emphasised its 3D service. That's not become a big selling point.
Here's a brief visual history of Virgin Media logos http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Virgin_Media
Old 23-01-2014, 12:07   #562
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
VM are going to be concentrating more on on demand content throughout 2014 and 2015. UKTV is expected to be amongst the new deals being negotiated, AMC also is rumoured to be interested too.
It's expected upto 15 new OD providers to be added to the VM platform throughout 2014. I have no idea who they are at the moment but once i get infor be it concrete or rumoured i will ofcourse post here
This is good news, they need to pay more attention to their on demand content.

Having addressed most of their channels deficiency, this and the apps were the next obvious areas to go for. Hoping also to see more box sets on here.
Old 23-01-2014, 12:55   #563
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

i disagree Old Boy, IMO I think Netflix offers this potential and I think VM will try and tie in more with Netfix and maybe Lovefilms so they can effectivly outsource their On Demand offering and provide cost saving to VM in this area
Old 23-01-2014, 13:01   #564
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
i disagree Old Boy, IMO I think Netflix offers this potential and I think VM will try and tie in more with Netfix and maybe Lovefilms so they can effectivly outsource their On Demand offering and provide cost saving to VM in this area
Yes, that would make sense in the longer term, but I don't think Netflix is there yet. When it is able to provide us with more in line with the US offering, then I think VM could scale down On Demand if it wished to do so.

At the moment there are plenty of programmes on demand that are not available on Netflix, so there is still a need for it at the moment. Remember, Liberty are seeking to bring us content from many different sources, and I personally think that is the right road as long as it doesn't cost us a fortune to access it.
Old 23-01-2014, 15:17   #565
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Netflix is just an app on VM TIVO which allows you to access your Netflix account , the On Demand Boxsets on VM are accessable to all XL customers regardless of STB.

Whilst I agree Netflix is a decent service I suspect there's many pay tv customers who feel XL offers them enough and do not wish to pay anymore hence they welcome the inclusive TV On Demand via VM.
Old 23-01-2014, 15:30   #566
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Whilst it is TIVO only there will be a time I would of thought that the older boxes will be phased out a bit like sky analogue to sky digital.

The money virgin they currently pay to provide OD (saved to internally host and negotiate deals, wages, infrastructure etc) they could use to pay a wholesale price and just use netflix offering.

Whilst not going to happen anytime soon the above I feel that the OD will diminish more rather than increase but happy to be challenged on that
Old 23-01-2014, 19:12   #567
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Whilst it is TIVO only there will be a time I would of thought that the older boxes will be phased out a bit like sky analogue to sky digital.

The money virgin they currently pay to provide OD (saved to internally host and negotiate deals, wages, infrastructure etc) they could use to pay a wholesale price and just use netflix offering.

Whilst not going to happen anytime soon the above I feel that the OD will diminish more rather than increase but happy to be challenged on that
Well, let's hope not. There is plenty of stuff that can go on demand, and I want as much content as possible. I want Virgin Media to be the place to go to get almost unlimited content and to be the leader in the provision of content.

There will have to be a mixture of premium as well as 'free' content, but I have faith in VM to give us a good overall deal.
Old 23-01-2014, 23:04   #568
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

With their buying power, perhaps VM may decide it cheaper and easier to eventually scrap VOD like TV Choice and offer us Netflix and Lovefilm etc at no extra cost??

Obviously, they would have to get more customers onto TiVo before they could consider this.
Old 24-01-2014, 00:07   #569
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Have I miss anything on here?

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was 23-01-2014 at 23:41 ----------

Discovery own 51% of Eurosport.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...eurosport.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 24-01-2014, 00:12   #570
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Wuaki (whatever that is) has been mentioned to me to launch on VM this year.
Closed Thread