Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III
Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2010, 21:28   #556
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Can a V Box display 2560x720/3840x1080 or will this just be in SD?
i dont know what crazy resolution pannel you are dealing with but ive never heard of them crazy resolutions !!!

720p = 1280x720 progressive (HD resolution)
1080i = 1920x1080 interlaced (HD resolution)
1080p = 1920x1080 progressive (full HD resolution)

as for the V Box it can only display SD which is 576i (720x576 interlaced). you need a V HD or V+HD box to get HD resolution.
Advertisement
Old 26-08-2010, 21:45   #557
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

You are not going to get you will not get two HD frames for 3D on broadcast TV. Only blu ray can do that and even then it will be 1080 per eye not those high resolutions.
Old 26-08-2010, 21:57   #558
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post
i dont know what crazy resolution pannel you are dealing with but ive never heard of them crazy resolutions !!!

720p = 1280x720 progressive (HD resolution)
1080i = 1920x1080 interlaced (HD resolution)
1080p = 1920x1080 progressive (full HD resolution)

as for the V Box it can only display SD which is 576i (720x576 interlaced). you need a V HD or V+HD box to get HD resolution.
The resolutions stated are for side by side full hd 3d, where the left and right frame are broadcast simultaneously within one frame, hence twice the horizontal resolution.

In reality side by side broadcast 3D will have half the horizontal resolution, one frame will consist of a 960x1080 frame for the left eye, and a 960x1080 frame for the right eye (actually two seperate 960x540 fields as it's still interlaced)

Or it could just do sequential 3d, where left and right frames are alternated.

Broadcast 3D is either a choice of half the horizontal resolution, or half the frame rate.
Old 26-08-2010, 23:28   #559
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Talking Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

Wow this really must be a slow day in the rumour mill of new channels coming to VM

Old 27-08-2010, 00:29   #560
zantarous

zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
looks like I was right about 3D TV, nobody is really interested

It's a niche product and i can't see it changing for a good few years, if ever.

Source: Digital Spy

LINK HERE
First off all that survey doesn't really give you the full picture like most polls. 3DTVs only went on sale in March. I am sure most polls would have said the samething about HDTV 3 months after launch.

Also the 3D tech not expensive to put into sets, see most currently retail for about £500 more then your normal good HDTV and mst have Freeview HD tuners. A few years and most TVs will probably just have 3D built in and will be just one of many features.

Remember HD didn't go mainstream over night it took nearly 30 years to get the concept from the labs and into our homes. Japan has had HD brodcats since the 90s, the US for about 10 years. Europe has come to the market very late. With 3D the seem to be tackling all markets in one go.

I have yet to see a home TV do 3D but those that have say that it is very impressive, even better then the cinema. It won't be long before they get a system working that does not need glasses. However will they do it before Cisco and Virizon get thsi working http://www.electronista.com/articles...hic.tv.future/

And if so will Virgin's network be able to cope cause I want me some of that.
Old 27-08-2010, 08:14   #561
naeskydish
Inactive

Services: Tivo , V+ hd , TV XL broadband XXL
naeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nice

Channel 133 shows Comedy Central HD "coming soon"
Old 27-08-2010, 08:42   #562
BikeNutt
Inactive

BikeNutt is on a distinguished roadBikeNutt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeskydish View Post
Channel 133 shows Comedy Central HD "coming soon"
Next week isn't it?
Old 27-08-2010, 09:00   #563
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

1st September
Old 27-08-2010, 12:26   #564
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

I thought they may have popped in the sky basics or even sky sports news hd as well never mind the wait continues.
Old 27-08-2010, 12:31   #565
Mikey1981
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP 2 V+HD boxes , XL BB, XL Phone and Mobiles x2
Mikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enough

if you have a V+ box you can look at what is on CChd from the 1st, not a great deal in HD, Two and a Half Men, Sam Who, and the odd Movie. Also Rules of Engagement will be too, but the box doesn't go that far.
Old 27-08-2010, 17:56   #566
zantarous

Don't forget Everybody loves Raymond, 30 Rock and new South Park.
Old 27-08-2010, 18:10   #567
Mikey1981
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP 2 V+HD boxes , XL BB, XL Phone and Mobiles x2
Mikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enough

Raymond was never HD and the other shows are not airing at the moment only South Park reruns, 30Rock is on CCextra for now, until next series.
Old 27-08-2010, 18:27   #568
JoshC
Inactive

Services: VIP50 with Tivo :-)
JoshC is an unknown quantity at this point

I've watched CC HD at my girlfriend's and I'm pretty sure Everybody loves Raymond is listed as HD. King of Queens, Two and a half men, Rules of Engagement are a few I've seen. I've not been lucky enough to see a new episode of South Park yet though. :-(
Old 27-08-2010, 20:35   #569
zantarous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1981 View Post
Raymond was never HD and the other shows are not airing at the moment only South Park reruns, 30Rock is on CCextra for now, until next series.
Season 3 onwards were filmed in HD. As for South Park they went HD last season so some of the reruns will be in HD.
Old 28-08-2010, 01:36   #570
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Season 3 onwards were filmed in HD. As for South Park they went HD last season so some of the reruns will be in HD.
i believe it was seaosn 12 onwards that is hd just they only started broadcasting it last year inhd
Closed Thread