Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 03-11-2014, 21:49   #556
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Charities that tell you a minimum you can donate. if you would like to donate.

can you imagine others saying the same. £5 or nothing mate!
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2014, 08:01   #557
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I used to enjoy Radio 1 before Grimmy took over, but found radio 4 far more enjoyable, loads od play and documentaries, and thanks to book of the week I bought two of them.
We listen to R2 at work, as it's the least objectionable station to all at our desk, but Steve Wright just rubs me the wrong way. Haven't really listened to R1 in a while and at home I listen to R5L as I enjoy most of their content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
My main issue with him (aside from the awful jokes and cringeworthy "celeb" interviews) is his habit of talking/singing over tracks. It might have been funny once back in 1986, but it just gets on everyone's nerves now.
Yeah, every time he sings, hums or otherwise makes stupid noises during songs it makes me cringe. Either that or he just cuts songs off for no reason.

Anyway, moan today: I was booking train tickets to see my sister for her birthday and accidentally booked the wrong date, costing me an extra £20 to fix it. My partner wasn't impressed, and rightfully so, complete idiot moment.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 21:13   #558
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Need some money fast. Nan's car has a problem with the exhaust, but if a garage cannot weld it back into place then she needs a new exhaust part. Trouble is, it is where it joins the manifold and the cat converter is in the manifold which is held onto the engine. If a simple job, only around £500. Anything more intensive and probably cost around a grand. Which would be worth more than the car is worth.

Neither of us have a good credit rating to be able to get credit for a new/newer car.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:46   #559
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Someone tell me how to stop the (TPS immune) Out of Area/Private Caller cold telephone calls sometimes multiple times a day? Much as I like talking to sad "Melvin" from India, it is getting very annoying
Old 06-11-2014, 09:09   #560
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Need some money fast. Nan's car has a problem with the exhaust, but if a garage cannot weld it back into place then she needs a new exhaust part. Trouble is, it is where it joins the manifold and the cat converter is in the manifold which is held onto the engine. If a simple job, only around £500. Anything more intensive and probably cost around a grand. Which would be worth more than the car is worth.

Neither of us have a good credit rating to be able to get credit for a new/newer car.
What car is it?
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:11   #561
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Someone tell me how to stop the (TPS immune) Out of Area/Private Caller cold telephone calls sometimes multiple times a day? Much as I like talking to sad "Melvin" from India, it is getting very annoying
You need some sort of call screening device. CPR call blocker is a simple device or Truecall which can handle caller id withheld calls as it will interrogate any call which it doesn't identify and then ring you and tell you who's calling. You can then decide whether to accept the call or not.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:35   #562
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I have call ID and don't answer those calls. Unfortunatly although my answer phone has a junk number system that blocks (Hangs up before it can ring) specified numbers it doesn't have a anonymous / out of region option. Some others do.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:14   #563
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
What car is it?
Ford Fiesta Fun, registered 2002. Garage managed to weld it back into place which gives her a year to save money for a total replacement job. Quote of £335 if a simple job, which is a lot better than the £500 another garage quoted.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:37   #564
rhyds
Inactive

rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ford Fiesta Fun, registered 2002. Garage managed to weld it back into place which gives her a year to save money for a total replacement job. Quote of £335 if a simple job, which is a lot better than the £500 another garage quoted.
1.25 or 1.4 one? Sounds about right. My old Rover 45 had a similar "pre-cat" setup in the manifold, when the manifold cracked even the cheapest, nastiest replacement was something like £135 new, with reasonable about £200+
Old 06-11-2014, 12:50   #565
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Gives you time to source replacement parts. There are lots of on-line car breakers that can supply good quality second hand parts at a fraction of the new price. With an older car it's often not worth buying brand new unless it's brake or steering parts.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:56   #566
rhyds
Inactive

Indeed, with something like an exhaust manifold that doesn't usually wear out then you can usually get a decent second hand part. The problem is when its a wearing component (an s/h one might not be any better than what you have) or a known weakness (high demand leads to a shortage of suitable donor parts).
Old 07-11-2014, 20:39   #567
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

After receiving a text message saying that my order is loaded for delivery today between 12:00 to 21:00 and that a signature would be required I was delighted, then my heart sank when I realized that yodel was delivering it and with good cause as the bedside glass lamps that they were delivering arrived only to be in pieces. The only way I can describe the image I was presented with when I opened the box was, it was like well picture a Crunchy bar being smashed up with a hammer and the pieces that you would be left with, yip that is what my new glass bedside lamps were like smashed to a hundred tiny pieces of orange glass. I was so looking forward to them as well.
Old 07-11-2014, 21:35   #568
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
My dad says "Go F(expletive) yourself" and hangs up.

Just hope it's not the Dr

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

I'm on a spending freeze, so no Blu-Rays.

As I've probably said before the company I work for is up for sale, and there in one bidder left and we should know by the end of the month.

Personally I don't give a crap any more, I was ill and phoned in on the first day but as I didn't phone in on the third day (Our staff handbook says this but read it 18 months ago) I was deducted 2 days wages. So down some £220 this month.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 22:05   #569
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

That's rotten Hom3r, hope next month is better for you.
Old 10-11-2014, 18:58   #570
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I can see taking the wee one to Judo far enough tonight but needs must. Anyway I cannot very well say (son let's give Judo a miss as I can't be bothered) as I do not let Drew off with that excuse so it's only fair I practice what I preach