Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2011, 13:08   #5671
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Just to clarify,

XL, XXL and 100Mb customers relates to a Broadband contract.

So why should a TiVo contract relate to Spotify? Or have I missed something?
Look at my last post and that might give you a clue.
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2011, 13:17   #5672
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
One question Ben in that l am on the free Spotify account at the moment so is it best to upgrade to the Premium account now in order to qualify to use the Tivo app in a few weeks or should l wait.
If you want to go for the six month offer, you need to be on an Open/free account

If you don't want the six month offer, then you can get a Premium account whenever you like
Old 31-10-2011, 13:22   #5673
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
If you want to go for the six month offer, you need to be on an Open/free account

If you don't want the six month offer, then you can get a Premium account whenever you like
Thanks for your help again.
Old 31-10-2011, 13:28   #5674
clinteastman
Inactive

clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Actually it doesn't matter, VM gave me 12 months free, you get it as a code that you add to your account. If you already have a premium account it just extends the date your paid up to.
Old 31-10-2011, 13:32   #5675
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
Actually it doesn't matter, VM gave me 12 months free, you get it as a code that you add to your account. If you already have a premium account it just extends the date your paid up to.
That was a different offer.

The one announced today has a different process

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

How do I link an existing Spotify account to my Virgin Media or Mobile account?

Quote:
If you’ve taken a Broadband offer and are a paying Spotify customer; Unlimited or Premium, you can still link your accounts. First you’ll need to downgrade your Spotify account to their free service, then come back and register through My Virgin Media. Don’t worry, as you go through the registration process we’ll guide you through what to do.
Old 31-10-2011, 13:37   #5676
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

The dates for when the updates are being released, are being announced later this week - NickO has posted on the community forums: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ek/td-p/814939
Old 31-10-2011, 16:25   #5677
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollie View Post
Reading the article in the link it says in the small print that Spotify will be available to existing XL, XXL and 100MB customers on signing up to a new 12 month contract.

How does that work for those of us who have recently entered a new 12 month contract when taking on Tivo? I presume that the new Spotify contract will just replace the Tivo one, is that correct?
I entered into a new contract 2 weeks ago when I had Tivo installed
Old 31-10-2011, 23:06   #5678
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
What's the Ethernet port for on the TiVo box I just connect one of my homeplugs to it?

Do I need to do anything else to set it up?
Old 31-10-2011, 23:08   #5679
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

At the moment it's for nothing. When Virgin launch the iPad app you'll need to use it to connect the TiVo box to your router
Old 31-10-2011, 23:35   #5680
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
Quote:
At the moment it's for nothing. When Virgin launch the iPad app you'll need to use it to connect the TiVo box to your router
Is it for the rumoured shared recordings between multiroom boxes?
Old 31-10-2011, 23:36   #5681
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
Is it for the rumoured shared recordings between multiroom boxes?
It'll be for that as well when it's launched but the only thing officially announced is the iPad app
Old 31-10-2011, 23:45   #5682
borrissey
Inactive

I hope they keep these updates coming over the months and years. Keep adding to TiVo.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:17   #5683
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

And the winner is....TIVO:
http://www.stuff.tv/awards/2011/home...et-of-the-year
Old 03-11-2011, 12:26   #5684
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
No surprise there as it is light years away from most other set top boxes on the market and they have only just scratched the surface so far.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:55   #5685
clinteastman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
It was nice to see Onlive win something too.
Closed Thread