Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 10-01-2012, 06:38   #541
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
february could be an awsome month for boxnation if they get the fights we want

4th chavez jr v rubio,donair v vasquez

11th ortiz v berto,lara v hearns,russell jr v TBA

18th klitchko v chisora,williams v ishida

25th cleverley v karpency,maidana v alexander,broner v perez,poverkin v huck

then add some uk fights on the fridays if possible
Yes these fights look very interesting.
Old 11-01-2012, 17:36   #542
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Yoan Pablo Hernandez vs Steve Cunningham for the IBF Cruiserweight title on the 04th February has just been confirmed.

That's 9 live shows confirmed for the next 8 weeks:

http://www.boxnation.tv/boxing-matches/

Still a couple of international cards to be added during this period too apparently. After a very quiet few weeks, BoxNation are coming back with a bang.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 17:48   #543
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Yoan Pablo Hernandez vs Steve Cunningham for the IBF Cruiserweight title on the 04th February has just been confirmed.

That's 9 live shows confirmed for the next 8 weeks:

http://www.boxnation.tv/boxing-matches/

Still a couple of international cards to be added during this period too apparently. After a very quiet few weeks, BoxNation are coming back with a bang.
Yes there is some excellent stuff on there.
Old 13-01-2012, 22:29   #544
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

another fight ruined by poor british referee!!!
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 14:00   #545
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

The referee's of today are not as good as they were years ago, Years ago referees were untouchable, nowadays you cannot be sure.

I firmly believe that judges should be placed in a separate area and not by the ringside, as shown in the Khan fight.

You have a camera guy on the ring who shows live pictures, you don't need a judge by the ringside.

And to me if you have a professional referee from a country that is not connected to any fighter, ie if the fight is in the US then have a ref from say Australia for example, and let him decide.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 16:34   #546
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
another fight ruined by poor british referee!!!
Totally agree. Sexton could have easily gone on......if that's what you're refering too.

The main event wasn't one I was particularly looking forward too but it turned out to be pretty good. I love a good comeback.

Another 4 hour broadcast to look forward to tonight. Call me a glutten for punishment, but I really hope to see the Sprott fight televised tonight.

As for the post by Arthur, I agree 100% about neutral judges for international fights.
Old 14-01-2012, 17:17   #547
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

yeh the sexton fight chad. the ref didnt even look at the cut or ask a doctor,all he did was got someone to dry it with a towell and id didnt look like they did anything between the round as no sign of any vaseline on him
Old 14-01-2012, 17:30   #548
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
yeh the sexton fight chad. the ref didnt even look at the cut or ask a doctor,all he did was got someone to dry it with a towell and id didnt look like they did anything between the round as no sign of any vaseline on him
Your right. Whilst it was bloody, the cut was about 3 inches away from the eye and the blood was definitely not impairing Sextons vision. I'd understand if he was losing pints of blood but he wasn't. For me all that was needed between round was a good squirt of water on the wound, 40 seconds of pressure on the cut from the corner then a good lump of Vaseline. There also seemed to be confusion about the ruling the referee made too.

Olubamiwo wants the rematch but Sexton didn't seem too sure. I'm really looking forward to David Price Vs. John McDermott next week on SKY. I know it's almost become a cliche, but the British heavyweight scene is fairly entertaining at the moment with the likes of Tyson Fury, Dereck Chisora, Sam Sexton, David Price, John McDermott, Michael Sprott, Larry Olubamiwo, Tom Dallas, Richard Towers and even Audley Harrison in the mix. Plenty of British, Commonwealth and European level fights to be had. There is a Facebook campaign to get Audley Harrison Vs. Tyson Fury on Channel 5 within the next 6 months. Car crash boxing really, but I'd watch it
Old 14-01-2012, 19:16   #549
thatllbeme
Inactive

id like to see chisora v fury 2 but with chisora in the shape he was against helenius, or price v fury or even sexton v fury as i think all 3 can beat him
Old 16-01-2012, 18:00   #550
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I wrote to Box Nation on 26 November 2011, via their e-mail address, to ask about commercial subscriptions for bars.

I received a reply the same day to say that they didn't know

I immediately responded to ask if they could look into this and let me know. They replied, again on the same day, to say that they would be in touch with me after speaking to their legal team.

Since then I have heard nothing. Sadly, at our next directors meeting, I shall have no choice but to recommend that we don't deal with this company.

I do not expect to have to chase people in order to give them money, especially in the present economic climate
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 18:11   #551
thatllbeme
Inactive

announced on facebook and website today
We’ve been listening to you – the viewer – and thanks to popular demand we are delighted to announce the WBA World Heavyweight clash between Alexander Povetkin and Marco Huck will be shown EXCLUSIVELY and LIVE on BoxNationTV February 25th:
Old 16-01-2012, 19:00   #552
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I wrote to Box Nation on 26 November 2011, via their e-mail address, to ask about commercial subscriptions for bars.

I received a reply the same day to say that they didn't know

I immediately responded to ask if they could look into this and let me know. They replied, again on the same day, to say that they would be in touch with me after speaking to their legal team.

Since then I have heard nothing. Sadly, at our next directors meeting, I shall have no choice but to recommend that we don't deal with this company.

I do not expect to have to chase people in order to give them money, especially in the present economic climate
Yeah that seems pretty poor. Televised boxing in a bar, or a sports bar is great. I watched Ricky Hatton Vs. Juan Lazcano a few years back in The New Yorker sports bar in Ediburgh. Great atmosphere, great banter and no trouble! Just a bunch of blokes who like their boxing having a drink and a chat. For me, watching boxing in a busy bar is almost as good as watching it live.

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Quote:
announced on facebook and website today
We’ve been listening to you – the viewer – and thanks to popular demand we are delighted to announce the WBA World Heavyweight clash between Alexander Povetkin and Marco Huck will be shown EXCLUSIVELY and LIVE on BoxNationTV February 25th:
That's great news. Huck is so crude, reckless and strong that I think he has a good chance of upsetting Povetkin. I would not be surprised if the Povetkin team find a way to get their fighter out of this in the coming weeks!
Old 16-01-2012, 19:03   #553
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I thought in Scotland Chad there were usually plenty bars with Live Action
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 19:13   #554
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I thought in Scotland Chad there were usually plenty bars with Live Action
There's one directly across the road from me. I call it Mcfight Club! Always worth peeking through the blinds at 1am on a Saturday. One time I saw a girl, knickers down at her ankles, taking a dump
Old 16-01-2012, 19:15   #555
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
There's one directly across the road from me. I call it Mcfight Club! Always worth peeking through the blinds at 1am on a Saturday. One time I saw a girl, knickers down at her ankles, taking a dump
Sounds a classy establishment LOL
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote