Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 26-04-2014, 11:41   #541
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

It wasn't I read it on twitter , a tweet by Engadget.

http://bit.ly/1injwMj
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2014, 12:08   #542
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It wasn't I read it on twitter , a tweet by Engadget.

http://bit.ly/1injwMj
As someone said this will only increase torrent downloads quite a lot.
As for HULU i honestly think this will be a nail in their coffin as i know a lot are not happy with the adverts and apparantly 40% of hulus customers are from outside the USA.
Old 26-04-2014, 12:51   #543
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Mine went down for about 2 hours Wednesday,I emailed Unblock us and tweeted they tweeted me when up again and emailed.hopefully they will allways be ways round it I have a subscription till sept 2015 lol
Old 26-04-2014, 17:45   #544
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It appears Hulu are now trying to stop viewers outside the US viewing its content.
That's easy to get around, just use a VPN.
Old 26-04-2014, 19:19   #545
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
That's easy to get around, just use a VPN.
It's the vpns they are blocking.
Old 27-04-2014, 19:15   #546
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
It's the vpns they are blocking.
Can't get away with anything now.......
Old 27-04-2014, 23:09   #547
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Can't get away with anything now.......
Always a work around my friend always a work around.
Old 29-04-2014, 12:30   #548
theone2k10
Inactive

Hulu seem to be cancelling peoples plus subscriptions at random now, be very careful i was lucky i was still within the 30 day Ebay gurantee when hulu cancelled mine so i could get my money back.
Hulu doing this are just going to hack people off and the likes of torrents will become more tempting. For the stuff i watch i've found a alternative solution nimble.tv, it's a bit pricey though.
Old 30-04-2014, 00:26   #549
Londonbornpaddy
Inactive

Londonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enough

I use the other methods of watching Netflix on my laptop and tablet and they seem to be ok. The Tivo one is the only one that i use for UK.
On a slightly related topic....

Can anyone tell me if i reduce my tv package and internet speed due to a financial issue will it affect Netflix on my Tivo box especially the HD content or is that unrelated to tv package size?
Old 30-04-2014, 00:29   #550
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonbornpaddy View Post
I use the other methods of watching Netflix on my laptop and tablet and they seem to be ok. The Tivo one is the only one that i use for UK.
On a slightly related topic....

Can anyone tell me if i reduce my tv package and internet speed due to a financial issue will it affect Netflix on my Tivo box especially the HD content or is that unrelated to tv package size?
No your tivo gets 10mbs regardless of your tv/internet package. Downgrading will not effect it in anyway.
Old 30-04-2014, 00:35   #551
Londonbornpaddy
Inactive

Londonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enough

That's good to know - thank you
Old 01-05-2014, 15:17   #552
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Sky's Now TV entertainment pack price is going up from 4.99 to 6.99 per month on the 31st May http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...rice-hike.html

Just when i was thinking of picking a box up too.
Old 01-05-2014, 15:23   #553
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

And some members said prices would not go up due to a competitive packed marketplace.
Old 01-05-2014, 20:35   #554
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Sky's Now TV entertainment pack price is going up from 4.99 to 6.99 per month on the 31st May http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...rice-hike.html

Just when i was thinking of picking a box up too.
That's not a surprise, they've been quite open about the fact that £4.99 was an introductory price. If I'm honest, I was expecting £8.99 in line with the movies pass.
Old 01-05-2014, 20:50   #555
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And some members said prices would not go up due to a competitive packed marketplace.
£6.99 isn't too bad tbh it's about the same price for http://www.vutv.com/
Closed Thread