Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview
Register FAQ Community Calendar

B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Old 31-12-2011, 21:27   #481
markcricket
Inactive

markcricket is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

hi thank you very much for that do you mean that quite a few are returned or the opposite, also is there any thing on the market to align up to the astra 2 sat. it tells me in the manual to set the lmb at 8 0clock how acurate does this have to be many thanks.
markcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2012, 21:43   #482
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

You probably have the wrong sat.. ignore the signal strength as that's just telling you that it's getting a signal from the LNB instead when you get the right sat your quality reading should go up. For LNB rotation try dishpointer.com
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 18:32   #483
AZIMUTH
Inactive

AZIMUTH is on a distinguished roadAZIMUTH is on a distinguished road
Re: ross satellite

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcricket View Post
hi new member father in law has just installed a ross sat system signal strengh bar very good but quality is reading 0 we have used a sat finder to find the satellite please could some one point us in the right directions to fix this problerm.
ive set up 3ross systems from b&q all ok.start with the dish vertical to the horizon and just left of due south.then just turn dish minutely(azimuth)till the quality line goes to 60%,that will be Astra,eurobird1.you will miss the signal at the slightest misalignment,just to the right of 28.2 is 19.0 which mostly french ,so you can see how easy it is to lock on to the wrong signal.Chris is a nice fellow but hes got an absolute down on any thing Ross so just keep trying before you call it a dud.happy viewing.
AZIMUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 18:47   #484
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Happy new year, Azimuth
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 19:12   #485
AZIMUTH
Inactive

Wink Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Happy new year to you too Chris,,,im tryin to keep the Ross workers in a job in these trying times Chrisbest wishes.
Old 07-01-2012, 21:20   #486
Webbhannah123
Inactive

Webbhannah123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I bought a ross free sat a few months ago and iv bought a satalite finder. I cant seem to find any quality at all. I have 50% strenght wihich i
Need. I seem to be having trouble with finding a satalite because no matter where i place the dish it seems to not be picking up a satalite. Does anybody have any ideas on what i could do to get 50% quality?
Thanks hannah
Webbhannah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 00:53   #487
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Strength is the signal between the dish and the Ross box and shows you how good your cable and connections are.
Quality is the signal between the satellite and the Ross box, via the dish and shows you how well-aimed your dish is.

For starters, 50% strength means you could have done a better job of your cabling, although it will be adequate.

If you have no quality, you have not got the dish pointed at any satellites. You need to pont it elsewhere. There are several recent posts in this thread that describe how to do that. Just read back a bit.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:45   #488
Webbhannah123
Inactive

Thanks for getting back to me. We are pointing our dish where everybody else are. And also we have looked on Dish pointer website and it is telling me that we have to point it to a certain direction which we have done and the needle on the satallite finder is still not moving. We dont understand this as the dish pointer website is telling us that where the satallite is and still no quality.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:55   #489
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

As the accuracy needed is within a millimetre or two it's nearly impossible to do it by looking at where other dishes are pointing. You need a sat meter (even the professionals use them) which will give you an idea of when you're close and then when you have the strongest signal.. Even then you may get the wrong sat as they are only about 6-10 degrees separation between them but when you find one it's simple to find the rest and eventually find which one you;re looking for.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:07   #490
Webbhannah123
Inactive

Ok thanks. Il give it a try. Even though i think we have tried everything! Haha.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:15   #491
Kymmy
Inactive

Unless you have a meter then you've not tried everything
Old 08-01-2012, 15:01   #492
chippy1
Inactive

chippy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im thinking of trying one of these can i use it off my exsisting sky dish ?
chippy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 15:36   #493
Kymmy
Inactive

Yes, sky and freesat uses the same sat group
Old 08-01-2012, 18:51   #494
AZIMUTH
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbhannah123 View Post
Ok thanks. Il give it a try. Even though i think we have tried everything! Haha.
dont forget webbhannah that your sat dish is almost vertical and not pointing up to the sky.point it just to the left of south as you are looking at south,,,there you will find astra and eurobird.do as kymmy and chris says and get a sat finder.you only have to be a gnats out to miss your intended sat.dont forget the dish points to the horizon and not up.
Old 08-01-2012, 19:41   #495
Webbhannah123
Inactive

Ok thank. We have been pointing it to south east as the Dish pointer tells us to. Because it shows us a picture of our house and a green line to show us which way. But thanks il try to point it south like you say