Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 05-12-2011, 18:24   #481
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I think it's a case of no news is good news. Other than dubious picture quality at times, I enjoyed a great night of boxing. 11 hours of action, 9 fights, plenty of Buncey plus family and friends round for beers. BoxNation delivered a proper night of boxing entertainment. I don't think any other British broadcaster has ever offered up such a long and varied card, and that's including nights when SKY have charged £14.99 for PPV broadcasts.

If BoxNation can deliver this type of event once or twice a month, it makes my £10.00 subscription look like a bargain.

As a boxing fan I had high expectations, and BoxNation delivered. I'd still like them to evolve away from the Setanta Sports feel but other than that, a great first effort as a pay TV channel.
Yes most definitely.
Old 05-12-2011, 19:01   #482
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIMUTH View Post
its all gone very quiet,,,is it up to all your expectations????
I take it as good news too.

There's tumbleweed blowing through this thread.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 19:52   #483
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

fridays show from liverpool has been cancelled now. so much for the 2 shows a week we signed up for
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 20:02   #484
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
fridays show from liverpool has been cancelled now. so much for the 2 shows a week we signed up for
The curse of boxing strikes again! Nothing official from Frank Warren yet to confirm why the show has been cancelled. SKY lost Klitschko Vs. Mormeck yesterday too.

The card from this Friday has been re-arranged for the 27th of January 2012. Whilst this is a disappointment this isn't BoxNation's fault. Yes Frank Warren does have a stake in BoxNation but it's not his channel.

For this to work properly Warren, with his large stable of fighters, needs to make cards with 4 or 5 pretty decent domestic bouts every week. If any fights are called off, the card can still go ahead at a decent level.

SKY customers are locked in for 6 months, but Virgin customers can walk away after 30 days. Frank Warren will need to step his game up.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 20:05   #485
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
The curse of boxing strikes again! Nothing official from Frank Warren yet to confirm why the show has been cancelled. SKY lost Klitschko Vs. Mormeck yesterday too.

The card from this Friday has been re-arranged for the 27th of January 2012. Whilst this is a disappointment this isn't BoxNation's fault. Yes Frank Warren does have a stake in BoxNation but it's not his channel.

For this to work properly Warren, with his large stable of fighters, needs to make cards with 4 or 5 pretty decent domestic bouts every week. If any fights are called off, the card can still go ahead at a decent level.

SKY customers are locked in for 6 months, but Virgin customers can walk away after 30 days. Frank Warren will need to step his game up.
Yes he will have to step the Boxing fayre up or else Boxnation will go the way of the dodo.
Old 07-12-2011, 20:10   #486
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I'm beginning to get a little concerned about BoxNation / Frank Warren Promotions.

On the 28th November 2011, 3 days before BoxNation launched as a subscription channel, the following was posted on Boxrec:

"A winding up petition against Frank Warren Promotions was dismissed at London's Royal Courts of Justice this morning.

The action was launched by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. It is the second time this year that HMRC has issued a winding up order against the company - the first was also dismissed.

BoxRec News understands that FWP has lodged an appeal with the First–tier Tribunal (Tax).

The First-tier Tribunal hears appeals against decisions relating to tax made by HMRC."

2 days ago the Liverpool card featuring James DeGale was cancelled, without any official statement as to why from BoxNation or Frank Warren Promotions.

Today I tried to visit the Frank Warren website, http://www.frankwarren.tv/ , for an update but it no longer appears to be in operation!

So is this all a coincidence, or is the future of BoxNation and Frank Warren promotions on a shaky nail?

Everyone knows the internet is full of rumors and opinions, but there is plenty of truth out there too. I've been reading that BoxNation have been operating at a loss, and this Fridays event in Liverpool just simply wasn't selling. Has the cash run out for Frank Warren? Has the launch of BoxNation, on a subscription basis been a last hurrah to secure some funds?

The truth will come out soon. I hope it's all lies, misinterpretation and gossip.
Old 07-12-2011, 20:11   #487
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I'm beginning to get a little concerned about BoxNation / Frank Warren Promotions.

On the 28th November 2011, 3 days before BoxNation launched as a subscription channel, the following was posted on Boxrec:

"A winding up petition against Frank Warren Promotions was dismissed at London's Royal Courts of Justice this morning.

The action was launched by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. It is the second time this year that HMRC has issued a winding up order against the company - the first was also dismissed.

BoxRec News understands that FWP has lodged an appeal with the First–tier Tribunal (Tax).

The First-tier Tribunal hears appeals against decisions relating to tax made by HMRC."

2 days ago the Liverpool card featuring James DeGale was cancelled, without any official statement as to why from BoxNation or Frank Warren Promotions.

Today I tried to visit the Frank Warren website, http://www.frankwarren.tv/ , for an update but it no longer appears to be in operation!

So is this all a coincidence, or is the future of BoxNation and Frank Warren promotions on a shaky nail?

Everyone knows the internet is full of rumors and opinions, but there is plenty of truth out there too. I've been reading that BoxNation have been operating at a loss, and this Fridays event in Liverpool just simply wasn't selling. Has the cash run out for Frank Warren? Has the launch of BoxNation, on a subscription basis been a last hurrah to secure some funds?

The truth will come out soon. I hope it's all lies, misinterpretation and gossip.
Could well go the way of Setanta if things don't buck up.
Old 07-12-2011, 20:29   #488
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

if it does i hope it gets bought out by sky or someone else cos its been good to see some of the up and coming young boxers on the undercards i wouldnt normally see
Old 07-12-2011, 20:55   #489
Chad
cf.mega poster

Frank Warrens website is now back up. It was down for about 5 hours. No idea why. Hopefully all is well.........
Old 08-12-2011, 17:33   #490
AZIMUTH
Inactive

AZIMUTH is on a distinguished roadAZIMUTH is on a distinguished road

Chad,,,if you look back a few days i did ask on here who it was that wasnt paying his boxers,,,did anybody know?i was told who it was but couldnt confirm it.i also said on here a few days ago that things wouldnt alter even when he was getting subscribers money.remember terry marsh,,,he was a good fighter.!!!!ps.am a bit of a sceptic at the best of times,,,
AZIMUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 13:19   #491
gerdav
cf.member

gerdav is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got a email from BoxNation they are showing Gennady Golovkin v Lajuan Simon for the WBA Middleweight Title from Dusselforf as a replacement for the cancelled Liverpool show tonight from 7pm, I'm quite happy with this, as a last minute job, the bill is badically the undercard of the cancelled Klitschko Mormeck fight that would have been on Sky Sports tomorrow night.
gerdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 14:59   #492
thatllbeme
Inactive

any news on Alexander Frenkel? he looked really good when he kod enzo but he hasnt fought since. is he injured?hes a sauerland boxer so would be a good fighter to watch on boxnation maybe against marco huck
Old 12-12-2011, 14:56   #493
thatllbeme
Inactive

boxnation facebook page is asking what old fights we want to see,any suggestions??
Old 12-12-2011, 14:58   #494
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
boxnation facebook page is asking what old fights we want to see,any suggestions??
Yes Sugar Ray Leonard vs Marvin Hagler to start with.
Old 12-12-2011, 18:13   #495
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Ali, Benn, Eubanks, Tyson, Bruno, Lewis, Chavez, Holyfield v bowe.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote