Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014
Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2014, 20:15   #466
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
I agree. Equally anyone (not aimed at you solely) who says certain shows are good, does not mean the shows are actually any good either.
Well IMDB seems to be in agreement with me:

http://www.imdb.com/?ref_=nv_home

Person of Interest IMDB rating 8.4
Sons Of Anarchy IMDB rating 8.8
The Mentalist IMDB rating 8.2
Justified IMDB rating 8.7
Castle IMDB rating 8.4
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2014, 21:00   #467
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Well IMDB seems to be in agreement with me:

http://www.imdb.com/?ref_=nv_home

Person of Interest IMDB rating 8.4
Sons Of Anarchy IMDB rating 8.8
The Mentalist IMDB rating 8.2
Justified IMDB rating 8.7
Castle IMDB rating 8.4
I did say it was not aimed at you solely. I was simply playing devils advocate to a comment you posted regarding someone elses taste in TV shows. I simply stated the opposite to what you said. Not sure why you felt the need to get so defensive about it.

As has been mentioned before, content is subjective to the viewer. The Bridge (the best thing on T.V. by far - imho) scores 8.5 on IMDB, but many people will say The Tunnel (7.7 IMDB rating) is a better show.
Old 19-01-2014, 21:41   #468
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Not sure why you felt the need to get so defensive about it.

You seem to be confusing 'defensive' with me illustrating my point that some Channel 5 shows are generally highly regarded.
Old 19-01-2014, 23:31   #469
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You seem to be confusing 'defensive' with me illustrating my point that some Channel 5 shows are generally highly regarded.
I never said they were not highly regarded.

You seem to be ignoring the point I have been making regarding the fact that some people do not like some of the shows you and others clearly do. It does not make their opinions wrong.

If you want to snipe my posts, that's up to you. It's just a shame you won't reply to my other points.

I detest the American remake of The Killing which somehow manages a 8.1 rating on IMDB. Does that mean I should like it nearly as much as the, imho, far superior original (8.3 rating) or am I not allowed an opinion that differs from IMDB?

Anyway this is boring me now, I welcome your reply though.
Old 19-01-2014, 23:37   #470
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all

I thought that C5 had 3 of the best series on last year, Under the Dome (Stephen King), The Bible and Wentworth Prison (remake of the old Prisoner Cell Block H). Each to their own, I suppose!
Old 20-01-2014, 00:00   #471
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbrown View Post
I thought that C5 had 3 of the best series on last year, Under the Dome (Stephen King), The Bible and Wentworth Prison (remake of the old Prisoner Cell Block H). Each to their own, I suppose!
CH5 have quite a few decent shows imo person of interest, under the dome (although i watched that on CBS :P ), CSI , the walking dead.
Old 20-01-2014, 02:51   #472
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
It would not mean buying a new SD Slot. 5*+1 is being scrapped on all platforms with 5USA+1 being moved into the old 5*+1 slot on Sky.

Regards earlier, 5USA+1 is not the worst performing channel, it's actually 5*+1.
The part of the article reads to me that 5*+1 is only being dropped on VM (unless you have other info. that says otherwise).

---------- Post added at 02:51 ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 ----------

Quote:
I never said they were not highly regarded.

You seem to be ignoring the point I have been making regarding the fact that some people do not like some of the shows you and others clearly do. It does not make their opinions wrong.

If you want to snipe my posts, that's up to you. It's just a shame you won't reply to my other points.

I detest the American remake of The Killing which somehow manages a 8.1 rating on IMDB. Does that mean I should like it nearly as much as the, imho, far superior original (8.3 rating) or am I not allowed an opinion that differs from IMDB?

Anyway this is boring me now, I welcome your reply though.
Carl?
Old 20-01-2014, 03:53   #473
WBC-WORKER
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV { XL } and 20 MB Broadband
WBC-WORKER is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The part of the article reads to me that 5*+1 is only being dropped on VM (unless you have other info. that says otherwise)
see http://www.a516digital.com/2014/01/5...-4th.html#more

I quote ' It is replacing 5*+1 on Freesat and Virgin Media '
Old 20-01-2014, 04:00   #474
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-...l-channel-5-24

Thanks, that explains it, I was going by the info. in the above link.
Old 20-01-2014, 08:11   #475
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

it's getting more and more difficult filtering out stuff so I only read the actual "coming soon" news ....
Old 20-01-2014, 08:23   #476
WBC-WORKER
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV { XL } and 20 MB Broadband
WBC-WORKER is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-...l-channel-5-24

Thanks, that explains it, I was going by the info. in the above link.
to be fair to them - they did mention Freesat – 132 but did not highlight it was a replacement

just now channel 132 is 5* +1

its a shame as I would prefer them to add a new channel rather than replacing one - lots of space on freesat - have never looked at any of this lot.

500 Chart Show TV - 501 The Vault - 502 Flava - 503 Chart Show Dance - 504 B4U Music - 505 BuzMuzik - 506 Bliss - 509 Zing - 510 Clubland TV -511 Planet Pop - 512 NOW Music - 515 Vintage TV - 516 Heart TV - 517 Capital TV - 518 Kiss - 519 The Box - 520 Heat - 521 Smash Hits - 523 Magic - 524 Kerrang -600 CBBC Channel - 601 CBeebies - 602 CITV - 603 POP - 604 POPGirl - 605 Tiny Pop - 606 Kix -607 CBBC HD - 608 CBeebies HD - 650 Psychic Today - 651 Community - 660 Sony SAB - 661 Rishtay - 662 Colors -690 Inspiration TV - 691 Daystar TV - 692 Revelation - 693 Islam Channel -694 God Channel - 696 TBN Europe - 800 QVC - 801 Price Drop - 802 Bid TV - 803 Tristar - 804 TV Warehouse+ - 805 Gems TV - 806 TV Shop - 807 JewelleryMaker - 808 JML Direct - 809 JML Living - 810 Ideal Extra - 811 The Deal Channel - 812 Ideal World - 813 Create & Craft - 814 QVC Extra - 815 Jewellery Channel - 816 QVC Beauty - 817 Rocks and Co1 - 818 QVC Style - 820 Thane Direct - 821 High Street TV
Old 20-01-2014, 11:23   #477
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

From the website ....

A few slight changes to our channel line ups over the next few weeks beginning with the news that Best Direct (EPG 742) has closed on all platforms as of Saturday 18th January.

Channel 5 + 1 (EPG 152) is also due to close on Monday the 3rd of February and will be replaced with a brand new channel called 5+24 on Tuesday 4th February. This is a new entertainment channel but is not a direct 24 hours replay of previous content and will be available on the same EPG 152.

But fear not! You will still be able to view content previously recorded on 5*+1.

Finally in February, Sky Movies Drama & Romance / HD will be temporary changing their channel name to Sky Valentine and Sky Valentine HD from February 1st until February 17th.
Old 20-01-2014, 11:44   #478
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbrown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
CH5 have quite a few decent shows imo person of interest, under the dome (although i watched that on CBS :P ), CSI , the walking dead.

You guys mention shows I completely forgot about, showing even more so, that Channel 5 does have some good shows.

And to hopefully keep Harry happy (which I'm pretty sure it won't, but don't really care if it doesn't), I don't have to like and watch a show to acknowledge that it's good. If the general critical consensus is that a show is good and a channel caries it, I will agree that the channel is carrying a good show. I won't say it's a rubbish channel just because the shows it carries don't appeal to me.
Old 20-01-2014, 11:52   #479
dodo1
Inactive

dodo1 is on a distinguished roaddodo1 is on a distinguished road

Any more news on disney hd,disney xd hd,pop girl true drama,nick junior +1,horse and country,kix!,scuzz,bliss,mtv classic,sky 1+1,sky news hd,sky sports news hd,sony movies,pop,true movies 2,mtv +1,mtv live,pick+1,universal hd,e!+1,e!hd,lifetime +1,lifetime hd,nat geo wild hd, ci+1,ci hd,history hd,disney junior +1 disney junior hd,tiny pop +1,kix+1,comdey central extra +1.
Old 20-01-2014, 11:56   #480
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo1 View Post
Any more news on disney hd,disney xd hd,pop girl true drama,nick junior +1,horse and country,kix!,scuzz,bliss,mtv classic,sky 1+1,sky news hd,sky sports news hd,sony movies,pop,true movies 2,mtv +1,mtv live,pick+1,universal hd,e!+1,e!hd,lifetime +1,lifetime hd,nat geo wild hd, ci+1,ci hd,history hd,disney junior +1 disney junior hd,tiny pop +1,kix+1,comdey central extra +1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Oh you've missed the fun we've had more news about a certain channel coming, we had Dave say "it's never going to happen" Dave is right because 3 different sources have confirmed to me it isn't coming anytime soon. We now refer SA to the channel that shall not be named. There's a new prototype TiVo box in testing.
NatgeowildHD, HistoryHD, DisneyHD, DisneyXDHD are rumoured to launch within the first quarter of 2014.
Some more channels will change packs within the second quarter of 2014.
Now if only there was a thread where you could read about all of this. just teasing you about the thread bit mate but what i just mentioned is basically all the news for now.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread