Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 17-10-2014, 09:04   #466
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Due to kidney stones my bile duct is blocked and unable to digest anything with fat.
Single slice of toast with margarine spread thinly or milky drink sets me off with abdominal pains which are only calmed by Gaviscon Advance.
Unable to have MRI scan at the moment due to combination of ICD device and heart meds that prevent surgery as I bleed too much.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2014, 09:14   #467
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
Due to kidney stones my bile duct is blocked and unable to digest anything with fat.
Single slice of toast with margarine spread thinly or milky drink sets me off with abdominal pains which are only calmed by Gaviscon Advance.
Unable to have MRI scan at the moment due to combination of ICD device and heart meds that prevent surgery as I bleed too much.
I know that I don't have kidney stones as that was ruled out when I got abdominal ultrasound.
If you don't mind me asking what do you take/use for abdominal pains, as pain killers are not even touching the pain I'm experiencing. I am going to try peanuts advice and try Hot water bottle.
Old 17-10-2014, 09:43   #468
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

There are some things you can try from over the counter, things like Buscopan which can help. Other than that an empty bowel normally mean a lot less pain, this goes for wind etc. So things like wind-eze is excellent also try to keep things moving by using mild laxatives if you need. A GP should be seen should you need to take regular laxatives. Also take a closer look at your diet and see what could be making things worse.

With pain meds, anything stronger than over the counter stuff (prescribed) if they contain opioids then they could make matters worse because they bind you up and cause constipation even after taking them for a couple of days. Other prescribed meds such as nortriptyline or amitriptyline etc could also help, but with any prescribed meds come with a price of the side effects.

Obviously until you know the cause, you don't want to make matters worse. But after 25+ years of stomach pain and cramps, a hot water bottle is by far the best relief without taking meds.

Quote:
Geez that sounds like a nightmare situation. Not sure what to say really other than hang in there and hope you get sorted out as soon as possible.
Old 17-10-2014, 09:51   #469
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Raging Bull hope things get sorted soon for you as being/feeling ill ain't nice at all.

Getting prescribed Buscopan, imodium and fybogel. Plus I've to keep a food diary.

Peanut I don't know how you have coped with this for the last 25+ years, I've just been feeling ill for the last few months and it's really not too nice. I know all about your illness and I do not think I've got that, well hoping it's not that.
Old 17-10-2014, 09:53   #470
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Getting prescribed Buscopan, imodium and fybogel.
Imodium / loperamide will bind you up more than anything, but will slow the bowels down, worth a try but I reckon that'll make things worse.
Old 17-10-2014, 09:57   #471
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes l would have to concur with peanut Weenie as the only thing l take for my bowels is Senna and that's because of all the heart medication's and other tablets l have to take.
Old 17-10-2014, 09:58   #472
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

That's what my Doctor has given me, I have suspected that it's making things worse.
Old 17-10-2014, 09:59   #473
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
l hope you get better soon RB as you seem to be well in the wars.
Old 17-10-2014, 10:03   #474
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I beginning to feel my Doctor is at a loss as to what is wrong as at the start he even said nervous disability. At least now the I'm at hospital now getting tests tbh I'm beginning to feel like a fraud who just wants a sick line to stay off my work,as nothing has been confirmed as to what is wrong.
Old 17-10-2014, 10:13   #475
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
I beginning to feel my Doctor is at a loss as to what is wrong as at the start he even said nervous disability. At least now the I'm at hospital now getting tests tbh I'm beginning to feel like a fraud who just wants a sick line to stay off my work,as nothing has been confirmed as to what is wrong.
I just had my MRI (with barium, contrast and buscopan) yesterday as my bowel isn't working much at all now and no longer have any control over my bowels in general. Test such as that and colonoscopies (biopsies), barium x-rays is the only way to find out what is going on. A GP tend try everything first to rule out the common things but a lot of time could be saved if they just do the right tests first.

That said he could still be right about the nervous disability thing, IBS is also quite common also with people with IBD, often most problems / symptoms are caused by IBS which often goes wrongly diagnosed because of the IBD. I know getting a diagnosis can take time that's for sure.
Old 17-10-2014, 10:56   #476
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I just had my MRI (with barium, contrast and buscopan) yesterday as my bowel isn't working much at all now and no longer have any control over my bowels in general. Test such as that and colonoscopies (biopsies), barium x-rays is the only way to find out what is going on. A GP tend try everything first to rule out the common things but a lot of time could be saved if they just do the right tests first.

That said he could still be right about the nervous disability thing, IBS is also quite common also with people with IBD, often most problems / symptoms are caused by IBS which often goes wrongly diagnosed because of the IBD. I know getting a diagnosis can take time that's for sure.
I know your right peanut, the doctor has to rule out the common things first.
Hope things pick up for you soon, and a BIG THANK YOU for your advice it's much appreciated.
Old 19-10-2014, 14:15   #477
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

While I don't expect people to take my advice when asked, but the least they could do is listen!

Oh well at least I tried I guess,.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 16:23   #478
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Film company logo animations. I know they are only a few seconds long but some films have several and they can end up longer than the rest of the titles.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 18:13   #479
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Having a huge pile of ironing to do, my own fault as I have kept putting it off while continuing to wash and dry. Sunday night ironing yippee
Old 19-10-2014, 18:21   #480
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Having a huge pile of ironing to do, my own fault as I have kept putting it off while continuing to wash and dry. Sunday night ironing yippee
Only fancy shirts need ironing. Everything else just goes on the drawers.